Sign in to follow this  
Carabou

Anybody tried new grass textures?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for the heads up. I tried a different grass texture that was created for FS9 and placed it in FS10 and it seemed to work pretty well. I will have to try this texture tonight. One thing I noticed with the other one was it also applied the same texture to roads, so I am curious to see how this one works. By the way, the pics in the library for this are very good. Here is a quick link to the item in the library.http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Looks like there is a lot of tiling with those textures, or is that the 'land detail texure' I am seeing?

Hi there,if the grass "effect" is tied to Land Detail Textures, i.e., detail1.bmp in SceneryWorldtexture, wouldn't that mean that the same pattern shows up everywhere, like on snowfields and in deserts as well?Cheers, Holger

Cripes!!!! Looks pretty fargin' GOOD!!!!!And I agree with Geofa.....mower marks, gotta be......plus with summer drawin' to an end I could really go for some good-lookin' grass that doesn't need to be MOWED ALL THE TIME!!!!!:-newburn :-lol Downloaded! Thanks for the H/U!!!!!

I tried installing the textures and for some reason, nothing is changing. I have tried every texture and still see no change. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the program. Is anyone else having trouble?

Make sure you go to the PicNic folder under Program Files and then run the self-installer for fsx.

I have tried this type of texture before and it turned out a bit coarse.But this is really nice particularly using variant #3 at 1024 res with no apparent tiling as you can see from this resampled 3840 x 1024 shot.Overall it gives a much more realistic look as others have said. There does not appear to be much FPS hit.Cheers WOZhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/178760.jpg

I must be blind or something.To my eyes this looks wrong completely. Grass does not look like this from low even low altitude.To me it looks more like geen matted/twisted straw. It looks nothing like grass.

That is exactly what I am doing, but no luck at all. Very frustrating.

Certainly looks like the stuff we have in Oz - Kikuyu grass (Pennisetum clandestinum) matted with drier strands.Re WOZ

Looks like grass to me. Not sure where you are living.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

>I must be blind or something.>>To my eyes this looks wrong completely. Grass does not look>like this from low even low altitude.>>To me it looks more like geen matted/twisted straw. It looks>nothing like grass.Danny68 your always complaining he :-lolCheers,

To your graphical eye AndyDoes that grass look real to you?IMO the defualt MS grass looks 100% better but then maybe I don't have a graphical eye like you?Now take the splended looking grass in FTX in some of those shots on their siteThis grass eveyone here is talking about will definitely not blend as well with FTX as the defaults do?What does your graphical eye say about this Andy.

Wow, this is the best grass texture I've seen to date! It makes grass really look like grass.The only hesitation I have has been mentioned earlier. Does this affect other ground textures as well? 2 years ago I downloaded a grass texture for FS9 and it made every ground texture look like grass. It made sandy deserts look like they were covered instead with dried grass, made the snow look like white grass, and even made the roads look like they were covered with gray cement colored grass. I ended up uninstalling that download because of this.I haven't tried this new texture for FSX, so I don't know. But does this affect other non-grass ground textures the same way, or does it leave them alone?If this only adjusts the grass textures, then I'm downloading it right away, because it looks terrific!

You could also be polite an respond to a PM sent...I never said anything about this freeware effort ;-) Just a funny guy are you, 2 months here around and then saying to some one you never saw or spoken to he is always complaining.After 5 years and a lot of messages :-lol and read again a few messages later you are complaining yourself;-)Have fun Danny68 real nice immature guy without a real name ;-)