Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

Asobo's July Surprise -- Last Chance Guesses

7 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

And we have real traffic. They never promised accurate liveries or models to go with it.

But it sounds like they're trying to get real models and liveries for 2024. Emphasis on 'Trying'. so don't be upset if they don't. They want to get permission from airlines, and not every airline is going to say yes.

It's very funny that you have to ask the airlines for permission for airline image to be used in MSFS. Knowing that with realtraffic and livery repaints from thousands of creators we already have the libraries we want. I don't have a particular obsession with criticizing Asobo for MSFS. Furthermore, I am very grateful, because the simulator is very beautiful. But I don't usually excuse everything and I love being fair. Real online traffic means: real online. If the planes have not their real repaint because you have to ask for permission, and if they don't land with the proper separation as they do in reality and if everything is full of go arounds… then, dear friend: it is not real online traffic, even if President swears it. In any case, I already have mine solved. 

MSFS is wonderfull and it has not real traffic online.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, abranpuko said:

and if they don't land with the proper separation as they do in reality and if everything is full of go arounds… then, dear friend: it is not real online traffic, even if President swears it. In any case, I already have mine solved. 

MSFS is wonderfull and it has not real traffic online.

I agree, so many missed approaches... 

As for the liveries, maybe MS needs permissions because their game is a commercial product, unlike the freeware liveries we can find online.

• Upvote 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

56 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

I agree, so many missed approaches... 

As for the liveries, maybe MS needs permissions because their game is a commercial product, unlike the freeware liveries we can find online.

It's difficult when it starts with RT traffic from FlightAware (or wherever it comes from currently) with planes coming into an airport.  Those can be grabbed and controlled by MSFS ATC.  But then a live pilot (that's us) arrives into the mix and that has to be dealt with.  Early on go-arounds were much more come for me as a live pilot, but now MSFS ATC defers to me, and other traffic is usually the target of the instruct to go-around.  How else can you blend RT traffic w/ live players?

As for liveries--it's free advertising I can't imagine any company denying permission.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Where's this July Surprise even come from?

Nothing here (roadmap image....not loading properly!)

spacer.pnghttps://forums.flightsimulator.com/uploads/default/original/4X/0/2/a/02a3b3d7134eb417014de21415d64abc3294c645.jpeg

Edited by MarcG

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 hours ago, Noel said:

It's difficult when it starts with RT traffic from FlightAware (or wherever it comes from currently) with planes coming into an airport.  Those can be grabbed and controlled by MSFS ATC.  But then a live pilot (that's us) arrives into the mix and that has to be dealt with.  Early on go-arounds were much more come for me as a live pilot, but now MSFS ATC defers to me, and other traffic is usually the target of the instruct to go-around.  How else can you blend RT traffic w/ live players?

As for liveries--it's free advertising I can't imagine any company denying permission.

You are true. 
I remember that, with prepare3dv5, before MSFS came into the market, lorby had a wonderful software for that. Ai Planes were taken from flight radar exactly were they were and put into the sim (same altitude, destination etc…) and after, with the software “ai separation “ the user plane was also taken into the total count of planes. So, the ai plane went to their SID OR STAR., but when i arrived to land, ai separation did the work. 
not the best but very good. 
now PSXT and real traffic have done the best work in my opinion. 
im totally sure someone very creative and intelligent will arrive with some good news!

Edited by abranpuko

3 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Oh!  They moved it into August.  Well that's a surprise!  :laugh:

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

5 minutes ago, MarcG said:

spacer.pnghttps://forums.flightsimulator.com/uploads/default/original/4X/0/2/a/02a3b3d7134eb417014de21415d64abc3294c645.jpeg

zXB5RV6.jpg

• Like 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Surprisingly.July´s surprise seems to have vanished 😉

Intel core i5-9600KF,  ASRock H310CM-HDV/M2, G.Skill DDR4-2666 32GB, Asus Geforce RTX 4060 TI 16GB, Samsung SSD 980 1 TB M.2 SSD

8 hours ago, abranpuko said:

It's very funny that you have to ask the airlines for permission for airline image to be used in MSFS. Knowing that with realtraffic and livery repaints from thousands of creators we already have the libraries we want.

Legally speaking, all the airlines that FSLTL/AIG/FSTraffic represent in their packages would be in their full rights to ask them to stop including their livery and they would have to comply if they don't want to be taken to court.

Microsoft doesn't want to get in trouble for using/selling someone's trademark without permission.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, duesenwerni said:

Surprisingly.July´s surprise seems to have vanished 😉

Um, it was a July 1-3 surprise...

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I maintain tuning/improving ATC and AI traffic to get it where most folks will be happy enough with it isn't that far off at all, it's just not the current target of focused effort.  With MSFS it helps to be patient.  A question is:  do they piecemeal address these deficits into 2020, or release several areas of optimization into 2024 at release, which is already less than 6 months away?   I'd probably be most impressed if the 2024 launch was these optimizations to take some of these elements from placeholder status to largely complete.  I think they did say they would bring into 2020 those new assets that would be compatible with 2020 so it could go either way I guess.

Noel

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

That roadmap also says City Update 3 in July, but it came out last week.

So everything is subject to change.

Edited by Tuskin38

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

This roadmap is just an slide they used on some presentation, right? It seems outdated. 

Last week’s roadmap still shows the surprise as coming in early July.

Edited by ca_metal

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Anyone else? 😄

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)