Sign in to follow this  
ndflieger

Kuro B787-8 for AAU2 is out

9 minutes ago, Nixoq said:

Never seen this before. This is so cool, especially since it has GE and RR engines.

Where can I find the changelog?

Go to: https://flightsim.to/file/45062/boeing-787-8 and scroll down until you see the "Comments" section and you will see tabs for the "Changelogs" and there you will see it listed. 

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 2

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

3 hours ago, Zangoose said:

This is the 787-8 variant

Does this have the correct range that corresponds to the -8?

1 hour ago, Nixoq said:

Never seen this before. This is so cool, especially since it has GE and RR engines.

At the bottom of the flightsim.to add on page, right next to "comments".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nixoq said:

From their discord:

Today we are proud to present the long-awaited Kuro Boeing 787-8 v2 with AAU2 systems.

This release includes the following features:

New:
Detailed Working Title AAU2 Avionics and Systems with custom autopilot
Choice GEnx-1B64 and Rolls-Royce Trent 1000-H engines with accurate 3D and performance models

Changes:
[SYS/FM] Accurate -8 FMC Calculation/Trim Settings/Flight models based on FCOM and Real References
[SYS/FM] Adjusted Engines Power/Fuel Flow to match FCOM, Real Reference and SimBrief
[SYS/FM] Systems/Flight models are completely overhauled based on AAU2
[SYS/FM/LIV/SND] Split GEnx-1B64/Trent1000-H Variants[EXT] New GE Engine Textures/Anims
[FX/EXT] NewLight Effects
[EXT] New GE Engine Textures/Anims
[EXT] Added model.v2 (High Res mesh, Unmirrored UV mapping for Tail/Engines/Wings/Bottom-Gear-Door/Cargo-Hinge)
[EXT] Corrected Airplane Height
[EXT] Corrected Gear Hinge Animations as irl
[UI] The Installer has a function to patch/use Third-Party SoundPacks easily
[UI] The Installer has a function to convert Older Liveries (For ~v1.1.6) with User Selected Engine Variants
[LIV] Liveries no longer need to include its own panel.cfg
[LIV] Added ANA Saba Special Livery (JA801A)
[LIV] Added TUI Livery (T-GUIH)
[LIV] ANA/JAL Custom Wing textures

and many more ...

Important notes: 

The AAU2 Update does not include a Payload Manager or SimBrief import. Please use the in game Weight & Balance menu and input flight plans manually. As well, you may have to update your liveries to the V2 standard. The easiest way to do this is to use our integrated converter tool.
(Payload Manager and SimBrief import are currently being worked on by Working Title.)

For painters:
Please update all 787-8 liveries to v2 and re-upload them to ensure they work properly.

• Like 7

Looking forward to giving this a try and crossing my fingers for a 787-9  mod to complete the set. 

• Like 1

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Can this mod be installed in a folder of our choice? I see it uses a bat file for its installation...

Edmundo Azevedo

Just now, ega said:

Can this mod be installed in a folder of our choice? I see it uses a bat file for its installation...

Yes. Installed in my custom community folder and use Addon linker. 

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

Has anyone noticed with these 787's if you sit squarely behind the centre of the yoke, the HUD is not aligned?  Is there any way to adjust the HUD ?

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

5 hours ago, flyhalf said:

Has anyone noticed with these 787's if you sit squarely behind the centre of the yoke, the HUD is not aligned?  Is there any way to adjust the HUD ?

it's the same in the default 787. You have to move your camera to the right, you can use the keyboard arrow keys. There's also a HUD pre-set in the camera menu.

Edited by Tuskin38

Took this for my first flight today.  Really nice and I flew it YVR-YHZ without any significant issues.  All in all happy to have this available given how few airlines fly the 787-10 IRL.

• Like 4

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

7 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

it's the same in the default 787. You have to move your camera to the right, you can use the keyboard arrow keys. There's also a HUD pre-set in the camera menu.

I use TrackIR so ok looks like options are limited to arrow keys or centre it slightly off centre, which is a shame because you centre the camera subconsciously like 10 times a minute.

Edited by flyhalf

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

8 hours ago, flyhalf said:

I use TrackIR so ok looks like options are limited to arrow keys or centre it slightly off centre, which is a shame because you centre the camera subconsciously like 10 times a minute.

But centering TrackIR does not reset the lateral translation with the arrow keys. So you should be fine just using the arrows and then TrackIR only for takeoff / landing.