Sign in to follow this  
captain420

AAU2 787 vs Qualitywings 787

I now have a WT 787 and it works very well ( and i would say there are more updates to come from WT in the future to fix some small hickups ) so i do not need a QW 787 anymore, to say it probably never come what it looks like at the moment..

And now we have a working 787-8 aswell so i am a lucky user - and the same happens with the 747-8, well done WT !

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer
  • Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

It doesn't capture a lateral path very well currently.  The Headwind A330-900 does a much better job at this.    Hopefully that gets sorted out soon. Otherwise, I think it's a considerable improvement.

Hello, have QW and WT B787 and I'm happy to have it both, QW with some AP problems out of the blue as I remember but could be handled. WT (and Kuro_mod) is working fine except the floating rollout - hard to hold the AC on centerline, regarding AP there are some adjustments needed, e.g. if using FLCH for stepclimb target SPD goes to 0.95 mach, LOC/APP logic is not correct (same at B748 after AAU2), and during VNAV CLB the plane is either increasing speed or altitude. at least at my last two legs. I wish to have access to the EFIS simvars to assign external rotaries on EFIS range/map selectors and a stable manual rollout is urgently needed, anybody has an idea? Best regards

• Like 2

Ralf Andreas

4 hours ago, cseu said:

Hello, have QW and WT B787 and I'm happy to have it both, QW with some AP problems out of the blue as I remember but could be handled. WT (and Kuro_mod) is working fine except the floating rollout - hard to hold the AC on centerline, regarding AP there are some adjustments needed, e.g. if using FLCH for stepclimb target SPD goes to 0.95 mach, LOC/APP logic is not correct (same at B748 after AAU2), and during VNAV CLB the plane is either increasing speed or altitude. at least at my last two legs. I wish to have access to the EFIS simvars to assign external rotaries on EFIS range/map selectors and a stable manual rollout is urgently needed, anybody has an idea? Best regards

Some or all of these hickups would be fixed with later updates i assume..

cheers 😉

• Upvote 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I am enjoying the B787-8 but I have a problem: how can I switch TCAS on?

There is an error message on the MFD with TCAS OFF but the transponder page on the screen just bellow the parking brake lever doesn´t seem to work. 

Thanks

Edmundo Azevedo

3 minutes ago, ega said:

I am enjoying the B787-8 but I have a problem: how can I switch TCAS on?

There is an error message on the MFD with TCAS OFF but the transponder page on the screen just bellow the parking brake lever doesn´t seem to work. 

Thanks

Have you turned your transponder on? There is a knob in the middle of the two radio panels that you need to switch on. Looks like this:

VmXz2uL.png

• Upvote 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

4 hours ago, cseu said:

Yep noticed the same

André

8 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

Have you turned your transponder on? There is a knob in the middle of the two radio panels that you need to switch on. Looks like this:

VmXz2uL.png

That was it!! How have I missed it? 

Thanks

Edmundo Azevedo

16 hours ago, V1ROTA7E said:

3) No higher level functions. On long haul, having the ability to download/enter cruise winds and step climbs on the LEGS and RTE DATA pages are crucial for monitoring fuel. Getting an insufficient fuel message can be a pretty big deal when you’re flying for 12 hours over the pacific.

They posted some screenshots the other day that showed uplink functions, so this is likely yet to come.

• Like 4

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Out of curiosity, was there anyone from the QW team at the expo this year, or are they totally gone from the scene now?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

21 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Out of curiosity, was there anyone from the QW team at the expo this year, or are they totally gone from the scene now?

As far as I know, none of the QW team showed up.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Latest from QW (not new news though) was from Ernie on the 6th June 2023 on the QW forums when someone asked about MSFS progress:

There's nothing I can tell you now.  Its best to say nothing until we have something concrete. Else we'd just be giving you false information.

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Guess we will not be getting a good PW 787 anytime soon. That sucks.

On 7/6/2023 at 1:48 PM, JBDB-MD80 said:

Guess we will not be getting a good PW 787 anytime soon. That sucks.

PW or QW?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS