Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

KatiePilot Announces efbPro

I don’t know if you guys seen this but Katie Pilot (real life pilot who is the creator of Fenix EFB) will be releasing a standalone EFB (with e to feature being exclusive for MSFS). Looks good!

https://www.thresholdx.net/news/katefb

• Like 17

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

14 minutes ago, Paul K said:

I know what's coming next... 🙄

Don't talk about PMDG that way! 😂

• Like 8

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Interesting ... When she says "The app will be free, but developers may charge for specific apps on efbPro’s app store" I wonder if she is making this available as a framework for use by other devs to build their aircraft specific EFBs on top of? As it stands efbPro looks to be both sim and aircraft agnostic, but even still I guess there is some value for the end-user (i.e. efbPro gives full SimBrief integration, weather monitoring and visualization for situational awareness, aircraft performance calculation, a built-in PDF reader for FCOMs .. so for those who do these currently manually outside of the sim this would be useful). And for those aircraft devs who don't want to code up an EFB from the ground up this might definitely be of value.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

25 minutes ago, Paul K said:

I know what's coming next... 🙄

She's so h........oh PMDG? Yeah, totally what I was gonna say....

• Like 13

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

5 minutes ago, Krakin said:

That made me giggle more than I care to admit. 

🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

5 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Interesting ... When she says "The app will be free, but developers may charge for specific apps on efbPro’s app store" I wonder if she is making this available as a framework for use by other devs to build their aircraft specific EFBs on top of? As it stands efbPro looks to be both sim and aircraft agnostic, but even still I guess there is some value for the end-user (i.e. efbPro gives full SimBrief integration, weather monitoring and visualization for situational awareness, aircraft performance calculation, a built-in PDF reader for FCOMs .. so for those who do these currently manually outside of the sim this would be useful). And for those aircraft devs who don't want to code up an EFB from the ground up this might definitely be of value.

Hey! Yes just to clarify that's precisely what the function of the efbPro App Store is, to enable developers and organisations to create their own apps that people can download and install. I initially had VAs in mind, so they can integrate their own systems, much the same as how it is IRL... The idea being that you can customise YOUR efbPro with the apps you want on your device rather than it being a pre-prescribed EFB setup that we're used to in flight simulation. Trying to drive the EFB market to a more customisable solution and put the user in the driving seat of their simulation experience.

But also, it means that aircraft that come without an EFB can just develop one app to go on the app store and all of a sudden their users can use their plane with an EFB in their hand/on their PC screen still.

I'll provide more clarity in the coming weeks, but for now I hope you can see the concept. 🙂

• Like 47
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, KatiePilot said:

Hey! Yes just to clarify that's precisely what the function of the efbPro App Store is, to enable developers and organisations to create their own apps that people can download and install. I initially had VAs in mind, so they can integrate their own systems, much the same as how it is IRL... The idea being that you can customise YOUR efbPro with the apps you want on your device rather than it being a pre-prescribed EFB setup that we're used to in flight simulation. Trying to drive the EFB market to a more customisable solution and put the user in the driving seat of their simulation experience.

But also, it means that aircraft that come without an EFB can just develop one app to go on the app store and all of a sudden their users can use their plane with an EFB in their hand/on their PC screen still.

I'll provide more clarity in the coming weeks, but for now I hope you can see the concept. 🙂

Ah I see, very interesting concept and definitely useful to provide building blocks so that aircraft devs and others can focus on specific features/needs on top of a common EFB framework 👍

• Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

I have another EFB called Sky4sim that also has similar concept . However, only few developer support it so I'm pretty much  hardly use it. While new Pro EFB look promising I doubt many developers will support it . But hey if you think you are apple good luck with your App Store 🙂

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

3 hours ago, Krakin said:

I think she has the highest 'likes' to post ratio (100/3) in the entire history of Avsim.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Win 11 Pro, MSFS Deluxe, Quest 2.

Without going specific will this efbPro work in a non P.C. environment? asked for a friend.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

I am interested in one thing. Is it possible in MSFS to implement this efbPro in similar way as AviTab in X-Plane? I mean you can put Avitab tablet in every X-Plane aircraft (fully modelled EFB within sim). Wondering if it will be possible in MSFS with efbPro?

I'm really curious if VR users will be able to use it as a 3D tablet inside cockpit (not as a floating window/panel that kills VR immersion), just like All In One Tablet from FlightSimulator.me.

Implementing Vatsim traffic/ATC map would be great as well (VSR Radio integrated in All In One Tablet is simply amazing for me when flying in VR).

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Adrian