Sign in to follow this  
CapnCrunch

Roman Design released CYYJ

I'm probably a bit late to the party finding out that this was in the works, but it's out now. If you have his CYOW release you already know the high quality of scenery he's been putting out. Haven't tried this one yet, hopefully a bit easier on frames than YOW.

• Like 6

ASUS MAXIMUS IX CODE Z270, i7-7700K OC@4.8, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, VKBSim Gladiator joystick, CH Pro pedals, Razer Orbweaver Chroma Gaming Keypad, Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB (main drive/sim drive), WD Black 1TB HDD

Can anyone compare this to the SimAddons version?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Oh interesting, I forgot he was working in this one (or perhaps never knew?  Haha).

I remember him polling about what airport was next, glad he went with YYJ, it’s been a gap in flight simulator since the excellent freeware version from Don Grovestine.

I do enjoy Roman Design’s YOW so will pick this one up for sure.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

https://flightsimulation.romandesign.ca/msfs-scenery-store/

If you take out the "flightsimulation"  word from the URL, you will see just why this company is good at producing an MSFS airport of serious quality, and I reckon (as an avid PNW flyer) it's a 'must have' - right up there with the Drzewiecki Designs products, like KRNT. Impressive! The site says $23.99, and I presume that's $Can.

Edited by Paul J
  • Like 1

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

His YOW is awesome. I’ll buy from this guy in a second. 

• Like 2

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Just bought it.  But can't find how to actually download it

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Same here, Dave. Looking for a 'phone number right now, but will call their head office if I can't find one, or a d/l link. Seems strange. It's a brand-new site, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for a couple of hours.
Update - found his number but could only leave a message.

Edited by Paul J
  • Like 1

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

glad it's not just me who can't download it!

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

If I recall on the Ottawa purchase, you eventually get an email link. I hope!

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

I think you have to sign into the website ? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Yes. It looks like I perhaps began the actual purchase while still in the "Guest" account 'mode', and then added in the rest of the account details during the purchase - and perhaps this is what happened with Dave too: It went through ok because the PayPal info is good as far as his site is concerned.
I did think that the whole site - the visibility of site components - data entry boxes, e.g. all seemed very ultra-modern but also very 'vague'. Anyway - PayPay confirmed my purchase - "Guest" - and that's what happened in my case: PP advised me to await a return email or 'phone call from him over the next couple of days or three.

Update from Roman:-
           Hi, I'm sorry - there was a glitch on the website and the download link didn't save for some reason... I added it again and regenerated the download permissions, so it should work now. Please go to your account and you should see the link there. Let me know if it worked. Thanks.
Roman.

Edited by Paul J

Just purchased as well and got a confirmation email.

However, the download link leads to a 404 page not found error..

Bert