Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Just Flight Fokker F28 Professional released

45 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Interested in the initial reactions of early adopters who aren't Influencers.

T45

I personally have no regret investing $70. I like it more than 146. But of course it's matter of taste

pros:

- very believable flight model - feels like jet of an era

- comprehensive system modeling

- nice sounds

-EFB with essential features

cons:

- some EFB settings cannot be saved

- navigraph connection often reset between flights and require authorization again

- GNS530 doesn't autoload MSFS flight plan and entering it manually is no fun

- no functional WX radar (like in Leonardo Maddox). Really what a big deal? Any "study level" is always compromise

- engine sounds inside cockpit little bit too laud. It feels like you setting in the last row next to engine. 

image.png?width=2248&height=1255

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

cons:

- navigraph connection often reset between flights and require authorization again

Happens all the time. To me it's not an issue with the addon, it's a Navigraph thing. I have to re-authenticate Charts, Simlink, and aircraft integrated Charts seemingly every time I restart the computer. It's very frustrating.

59 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

T45

My reaction is that it is a typically good release by Just Flight. It's very like the 146 in terms of visuals and to fly. I'm guessing that it uses much the same code and certainly some of the instrumentation is the same. So if you already have the 146 you are going to have a very familiar experience. 

• Like 1

Every developer will target/sell a product as they think is appropriate. Now, for this platform MSFS2020 and its complexity, they sell it from new prices of $40, $60, and $80; the old prices were $60, $90, and $120. 
The F28 is $70. Enough said about the comparison.
At Piedmont, the last flight was in 87.
From what I remember, this Just Flight F28 systems-wise are quite very well designed.
I would like to see an option on the so-called EFB an option where you can save your own preferences (STATES), right now, whatever you selected as an option is lost at each start.
I noticed that spool-up times are too fast by at least 10% and very sensitive to thrust levers movement.
The real airplane was heavy and slow in controls, this is like a kite. More so in pitch and rudder reaction.
Apart from that, it evokes memories of good old times.
  • Like 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

1 hour ago, Treetops45 said:

T45

I've made 3 flights. 1 of which was successful 😉

It's really well done. Very challenging. Looks great. Sounds great. Remarkable fidelity throughout.

10/10

Oh, and you'll need to map one of your controller's rockers to the Autopilot Pitch thingie.

Edited by RichieFly
free tip
  • Like 2

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

24 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

IOh, and you'll need to map one of your controller's rockers to the Autopilot Pitch thingie.

Yoi can do that, very recommended, or you can use a controler mapped to Vertical Speed INC/DEC as well, if you have one already. Should work the same.

Tomas

few more pics

image.png?width=2169&height=1257

image.png?width=2241&height=1257

image.png?width=2437&height=1257

• Like 7

9 hours ago, JustFlightScott said:

You don't need to apologise, that's cool. That's how you feel.

We'll agree to disagree on the pricing, no problem again, all about your opinion.  .........
But it's not for everyone, so thanks for your feedback, maybe one day you'll be able to pick it up at a discounted price in a sale, at a price that you feel is fairer for you.

All the best.

now that's what I'd call professional communication skills and customer relations!

• Like 3

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

I ended up purchasing it. If you like the 146, you’ll like this even more. The sounds are top notch but perhaps a tad loud from the cockpit as others have mentioned. The flight model feels reasonable- she’s perhaps a bit faster overall than I was expecting, and definitely way slipperier. So far every descent has been with the 🍑-brakes deployed.

As with something like an Apple product, it does feel overpriced to me compared to other offerings, and I would have loved to see it on the market at $40 or $50 USD. It doesn’t change my enjoyment of the product at all, just hits the wallet a bit harder. It would have been cool to see her in the hands of more simmers. Just an anecdote but there are a number of people in my VA who mentioned it’s too expensive so they aren’t buying it.

Basic WX radar like other addons have would be appreciated. Even if it isn’t terribly accurate, it would still provide significant value to the pilot. There’s a few UI oddities in the EFB that need to be cleaned up, but nothing game breaking.

Not sure if it says more about JustFlight or more about the status of regional jets in MSFS, but the F28 is the best regional jet available by a large margin. If you enjoy “slant alpha” flying, you can’t really do better.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

dumb question but cant get the steering to work. got the switch on the on position and cover closed , twisting the rudder shows the nose wheel lever turn , but the wheels dont turn. what gives?? 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

1 hour ago, wiler said:

dumb question but cant get the steering to work. got the switch on the on position and cover closed , twisting the rudder shows the nose wheel lever turn , but the wheels dont turn. what gives?? 

I didn't touch any switches or setting and my rudder pedals steers without problem.

2 hours ago, wiler said:

When you say, "But the wheels don't turn," is it from the outside view?
Can you please clarify? Is it the nose or the main wheels during taxi? I noticed some issues but I want to see exactly what you are experiencing. 

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

Seen a few posts saying there’s no WX radar but there is, with adjustable, tilt, gain and range. It picked up some precipitation on my short flight with it.

i guess it was a last minute addition as the manual initially said it was inactive 

Edited by Lucky38i

3 minutes ago, Lucky38i said:

Seen a few posts saying there’s no WX radar but there is, with adjustable, tilt, gain and range. It picked up some precipitation on my short flight with it.

i guess it was a last minute addition as the manual initially said it was inactive 

Interesting, I assumed it didn't work as there were dark clouds with precip on my approach and it didn't show anything. Maybe it was a weather depiction issue rather than missing radar?

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

12 hours ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Very good to hear, I thought it would sell well too. People underestimate the number of people who are NOT on forums and are dying for classic airliners to hit MSFS. Don't let old mate from the other thread hear that its sold well and wont be discounted soon.... there might be some angry people mixing drinks on the beach. 

Awesome post and I know exactly who you're talking about.

I grabbed this aircraft the moment it released.  What an amazing recreation of the F28.  It looks and sounds amazing and the immersion is just next level.  Keeps you busy and is no pushover to fly.

Love it - well done @JustFlightScott and JF team.  I'm so glad that sales are through the roof with your $70 Price tag.  It cost me around $110AUD and I see it as a long term virtual piloting investment.  Cheers lads.

Jase

• Like 5

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr