Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

Asobo video dev update on MSFS near term, WU14, SU13

I concur, Croatia is a beautiful country. I had the pleasure of driving down the entire western coast of Croatia several years ago, on my way to Mostar in Bosnia to visit some family after the war had ended. Some of my favorite memories of that drive were all of the little seaside towns with all of the little cafes and such. The food was amazing, and the people super friendly and accommodating. I need to go back and do some more exploring of the countryside. 

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

Nice to see a Local Legend aircraft that actually has some relation to the area of the World Update this time.

• Like 1

It would be great if they could fix the V-SYNC with Frame Generation bug/issue. I'm guessing this will be the last SU before FS2024 and that seems like a long time to wait for a fix to that problem...

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

1 hour ago, KL Oo said:

I'm guessing this will be the last SU before FS2024 and that seems like a long time to wait for a fix to that problem...

Definitely will be more SUs, the frequency might slow down for v2020 after v2024 drops, but Jorg/Seb confirmed there'll be one or two SUs per year for 2020 even after 2024 on a video interview, and see the written interview below:

https://msfsaddons.com/2023/06/25/exclusive-interview-with-jorg-neumann-and-sebastian-wloch-we-are-in-the-pursuit-of-the-perfect-sim/

Vasco: The future tech will evolve on the MSFS 2024 side. What kind of stuff are you guys planning to add to MSFS 2020? To continue with the world updates? What kind of support can we expect?

Jorg: World updates will change a bit. As we showed, how the ground textures are going to work may not be possible in MSFS 2020. However, if we have a photogrammetry city that comes into our world, that should be involved. The same is true for city updates, they will be updated but maybe slightly different. MSFS 2024 goes a bit further on certain things. We’ll keep doing Aircraft and Avionics updates as well as Sim Updates, and evolve it as needed. This could evolve with new hardware releases or something like a new graphics card.

Sebastian: Also, we’ll continue working on bug fixes and crash fixes. There’s still some overlap between the two sims, so if we find a crash in MSFS 2024 that’s also in MSFS 2020, we can fix it in both. We’ll continue to support and address any new issues that come up, as they always do.

• Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

No hope for a vram optimization in DX-12 I assume.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Finally Budapest gets the LOD it deserves, one of the most underrated cities on the planet!  much bigger and just as beautiful as Prague which gets all the fame. 

• Like 1

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

13 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

Update and flowchart for marketplace acceptance/release process

Anything to with this on another post about the update?

Dave

Nothing about weather. I guess they will force you to buy FS2024 promising a brand new weather engine, promise that won't be kept. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

Final video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywseLvUBJOk

Per latest dev update https://www.flightsimulator.com/july-20th-2023-development-update/We have instead created a pre-recorded video featuring Jorg and several guests to share some new information about Microsoft Flight Simulator. You can watch this video during our regular Community Fly-In Friday livestream on our official Twitch channel

My notes:

• This video's focus is on near term, not MSFS 2024, pretty much a pre-recorded dev update/q&a
  • Texas city update: Dallas might come later this year or early next year
  • World Update 14 on July 25th:
    • Central/Eastern Europe, 6 countries (Czechia, Hungary, Croatia, Slovakia, Bosnia, Slovania)
    • new DEM and aerials
    • 10 photogrammetric cities (including Dubrovnik, Split, Budapest, Prague, Sarajevo, etc)
  • Next local legend: AE-45 from Czechia
  • SU13 beta will start mid August, release on Sep 21, features/updates:
    • Working Title enhancements for piston engine modelling
    • several new features and fixes for 747 and 787
    • updates and fixes for previous World Update areas
    • bug fixes & cleanup
    • AAU2 beta regression (white dot/border), bug fix status: this is a priority for the team (being tracked as 3 separate bugs), will be fixed in SU13
  • Update and flowchart for marketplace acceptance/release process
  • Something coming in August around Gamescon timeframe which Jorg is "very happy" about

I get the impression that any serious change to performance related issues is going to be held off until FS2024. The sounds of that interview they are more around focused on delivering new content and perhaps fixing the odd bug.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

I love the Aero 145, so I will definitely be getting that.  Hopefully there will be the usual long list of bug fixes in the SU.  I am ready for the beta in mid-August.

Along with the white dot / border / tile swapping issues (they seem quiet on that one), one thing I wish they could also adjust is the pop-up runway / taxi signs in default scenery.  LOD settings don't seem to effect this annoying behaviour.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I've been reluctant recently to join Betas but with the annoyance of the White Dot issue (the mod works, sometimes doesn't) I may have to jump in straight away purely to get rid of it. I just hope, after all this time, they've successfully fixed/altered it properly and not in a half-baked way like other VR issues (speaking of which some of them fixed would be nice but I don't hold much hope!)

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

In my case despite all the new aircraft releases I'm much more excited about the release of MSFS 2024 than continuing to use MSFS 2020 and investing in it.On me their strategy of their communication had an opposite effect, it completely shattered my already weakened enthusiasm . Still very long months to wait with always the same boring pattern, without forgetting to continue to contemplate their candy distributions. If only I had the power to change the shap, the color, the smell and the taste,I would have focused all my energy on erasing the countless weaknesses. There isn't a single flight with MSFS 2020 that isn't at some point an immersion killer. I hope the new one will be more balanced ,more authentic and less makeup.MSFS 2020 is already a memory.

• Like 3

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

I’m sure we all have our 2020 wishes but I’ve come to the conclusion that some fixes will never happen. Certainly not the ones I want (ATC voice drop outs, better ATC, better AI, better ground handling). My concern is that 2024 may not include these either but I’ll wait for further updates before deciding if moving on to the next generation is something to look forward to. Fingers crossed. 

21 minutes ago, Danno said:

I’m sure we all have our 2020 wishes but I’ve come to the conclusion that some fixes will never happen. Certainly not the ones I want (ATC voice drop outs, better ATC, better AI, better ground handling). My concern is that 2024 may not include these either but I’ll wait for further updates before deciding if moving on to the next generation is something to look forward to. Fingers crossed. 

Fair points... Given that MS/Asobo have stated in the past (i.e. at dev Q&As/etc) that certain areas like ATC, AI, ground handling are either underdoing revamp/rework or are slated for it, I'm thinking they will only come in MSFS 2024.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

59 minutes ago, filou said:

In my case despite all the new aircraft releases I'm much more excited about the release of MSFS 2024 than continuing to use MSFS 2020 and investing in it.On me their strategy of their communication had an opposite effect, it completely shattered my already weakened enthusiasm . Still very long months to wait with always the same boring pattern, without forgetting to continue to contemplate their candy distributions. If only I had the power to change the shap, the color, the smell and the taste,I would have focused all my energy on erasing the countless weaknesses. There isn't a single flight with MSFS 2020 that isn't at some point an immersion killer. I hope the new one will be more balanced ,more authentic and less makeup.MSFS 2020 is already a memory.

Jeez… sounds like it’s not at all fun for you! 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2