Sign in to follow this  
alexcolka

XP12.06b1 is out

I had a chat with the person who did the flight model of this plane for laminar. Who on mentioning that i was on a forum came here and read the post.

1. There are no reports on this issue.

2. The reversers on this are limited to 70% of thrust for this reason.

3. If a person puts plane into full reverse and slams on the brakes, (as i mentioned) thats exactly what will happen to any plane with engines in that location.

And I think the screen shot showed exactly that.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Looks like we've got another instigator on our hands for this subforum 😅 🤡

Edited by Sethos

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

31 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Looks like we've got another instigator on our hands for this subforum 😅 🤡

Never.

8 hours ago, turbomax said:

sure, absolutely correct for an airplane to fall back on its tail with thrust reversers activated. that's why they are used only rarely for pushbacks. 🤣

"x-plane looks good under certain conditions (tm)"

show me a single youtube illustrating this effect in real life.

I tried it and, at default weight and loading, the X-Plane Citation can use reverse thrust, both on runway and on grass, without tipping over on its tail.

Probably you slammed the brakes while the aircraft was going in reverse. In that case it's possible that some aircraft could tip over, because reverse braking creates a pitching up force (brush up on your knowledge of physics).

If this it actually the case for the real Citation, or if the Citation in X-Plane maybe has a default c.g. that is shifted a bit rearward compared to the real one, I don't know. As it has been said, you should not expect 100% accuracy from a default aircraft.

Oh, and this thing, as you should know, has nothing to do with FAA approval.

Edited by Murmur
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

9 hours ago, turbomax said:

thrust reversers deployed. FAA approved:

Also, in the real Citation X reverse thrust must NOT be used below 65kts (that is 65kts forward speed, in case you didn't realize), so that should rule out their use to power-back (which you seem to have done to produce your screenshot).

Also, apparently ( https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=760563 ) :

The Citation X has extreme pitch up when in reverse. Normal procedure is all three on the ground, push the yoke full forward, then open the buckets and spool. Idle reverse by 70 kts.

If that is the real life behaviour of the Citation X during the landing roll, I would not rule out that the real one would indeed tip over as well, if using thrust reverser to go backward...

Point is, don't operate aircraft outside their intended limitations and expect no consequences. This is X-Plane, not some other flight sim.

Edited by Murmur
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

1 minute ago, Murmur said:

This is X-Plane

absolutely, with lots of big bucks 🤣, including what the screenshot was showing.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

4 minutes ago, turbomax said:

absolutely, with lots of big bucks 🤣, including what the screenshot was showing.

Please, quit while you're behind. 

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

Oops, I honestly thought your shot was from MFS ?

oops, I honestly thought MSFS came with the Citation Longitude instead of x-plane's Citation X, and didn't have these x-plane specific trees?

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

9 minutes ago, turbomax said:

I tried to explain it to you all the reasons for that, but apparently you don't want or aren't able to grasp it. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

One hates being found out, questioning do I know anything about reversers, seems we know someone who obviously doesnt,

41 minutes ago, Murmur said:

I tried to explain it to you all the reasons for that, but apparently you don't want or aren't able to grasp it. 🤷‍♂️

I think you could explain it with crayons and pop-up books and you wouldn't be any closer to him understanding it.

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

54 minutes ago, turbomax said:

oops, I honestly thought MSFS came with the Citation Longitude instead of x-plane's Citation X, and didn't have these x-plane specific trees?

Yeah ! you're right, but I wasn't wearing my close vision googles when I browsed the forum this morning 😎

Anyway, if you happen to own it, please test the effects of reverse prop in the ATR 72, in MFS 2020. OFC the real ATR 72 can use it's reverse to "auto-pushback" from the parking slot.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS ceased development of MS FLIGHT...

11 hours ago, turbomax said:

thrustreverserseffect4efa1.jpg

Lets do a proper approach (no pun intended) since the offender did provide photographic evidence.

From the above pic.

This plane is short of and to the left of the thresh hold of runway. This could be because.

1. Plane landed short of runway, But doesnt fit as it is to the left of runway alignment. Either way that is poor piloting skills.

2. The pilot landed the plane, put reverse thrusters on at full power for too long  and there fore reversed off the runway, which would explain the offset and the plane on its butt.

This would come down to, stupidity, bad piloting skills, deliberate, or all of the above.

Either way in the real world that would probably lead to the pilot being fired, suspended fined and very likely loss of license,

I wonder if the offender has the necessary piloting skills to use xplane.

Either way all he has done is prove how realistic Xplane is.

Edited by mjrhealth
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

Either way all he has done is prove how realistic Xplane is.

X-Plane is just a completely different beast when it comes to physics, especially during take-off and landing. In other sims, you could make plenty of mistakes and still safely land / get off the ground but here, miscalculate your CG, weight or botch your procedures and you will be punished for it. Really makes you pay attention, which I love.

• Like 1

Now we wait for B3 dont think it will be too far away consider most of them seemed to be ready to rolls just needed brief user testing. Need to address that excess rain.