Sign in to follow this  
alexcolka

XP12.06b1 is out

On 7/31/2023 at 9:47 AM, turbomax said:

however long doesn't matter, I do the same in MSFS and it hasn't crashed once due to any pause. perhaps Laminar just haven't run into this and therefore not figured it out. yet.

I was here trying to investigate and be helpful analysing a rare, possible problem with x-plane in connection with WMR, it seems you are not capable to appreciate/understand that.

"LoL!!!"  whatever.

Helpful isn’t what you were after. 

my experience with vr across multiple sims is that it’s relatively flaky and frequently causes issues, esp in the case where it’s left alone long enough to go to sleep. 

I mean hell, a lot of sims and addons aren’t well behaved in 2D when they’re pause for any length of time. 

so once again, if you’re operating in an edge case and things don’t work well, don’t be surprised, and consider whether your misuse might’ve part of the problem. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, UrgentSiesta said:

your misuse might’ve part of the problem. 

my "misuse" i.e. my VR headsets misbehavior of going to sleep a few minutes after not wearing it to protect it's LCD screens from burn ins, has not caused any such crash problems with any other game or any other flightsimulator.

thanks for again blaming the user for a potential bug/problem which x-plane obviously doesn't handle well.

you report an xplane bug: users fault.

you don't report a bug: again your fault, should have reported it. how can they know about it otherwise.

what else is new.

glad there are other options where bug reporting is appreciated, obviously not here. just like:

you deployed the reverses in-flight (nonsense), but your fault.

you crash landed the Citation before you deployed the thrust reversers (again nonsense, happens during taxi on the ground with thrust reversers deployed), again your fault.

you used a default aircraft and expected it to behave somewhat basically realistically? again your fault. unless specifically labeled: "study level", whatever that may mean, user has to accept such comical behavior (Citation falls over on its back "expected behaviour" 😊) from default aircraft that ship with xplane.

you may accept all this nonsense, I will just go fly something else and revisit x-periment 12 if/once this and other major bugs have been ironed out.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

@turbomax So I assume for all the others who have flown the plane and not mentioned putting it on its butt by using reversers, must all be doing something wrong, and its there fault.

Always someone elses fault.

A read for you to learn about reverse thrust

https://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/8084/is-it-possible-to-use-thrust-reversers-to-taxi-backwards

Edited by mjrhealth
  • Upvote 1

Heh, tune quickly changed from BEST SIM EVAA!!!1 to oh no, it's doing things I can't understand, must be a ton of new bugs I'm discovering 😅

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

8 hours ago, mSparks said:

you on linux as well now?

cos Im seeing the same intermittently 

Win 11, Geeforce 3060 Ti... It's now a well known bug in 12.06b2, together with the dreaded rain whenever there are clouds :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

12 hours ago, Bjoern said:

That's why you try to reproduce it, note the steps that got you to the problem, take that and all other relevant information you can scrape together, along with your Log.txt, to Laminar's bug reporter.

I honestly really hate reporting bugs to Laminar because their bug report form is straight from the early century and should be retired yesterday for something up-to-date, but, it's the only way to actually report problems directly to the source!

So please be like me, swallow the hate for a few minutes and report. Even if it's going to sit on the pile of unhandled reports for a long time because Laminar is critically understaffed in the mail sorting department. Forget about that and just report. It's the only chance that a bug has an actual chance of getting fixed eventually! Report!

https://www.x-plane.com/x-plane-bug-report-form/

Laminar should move to the new century and open up a forum like MSFS has. Or at least care for their official discord channel.

• Like 1

Setup: RX6800 | 5800X3D + B450 | 32GB 3200MHz | X-Plane 12

12 hours ago, Bjoern said:

That's why you try to reproduce it, note the steps that got you to the problem, take that and all other relevant information you can scrape together, along with your Log.txt, to Laminar's bug reporter.

I honestly really hate reporting bugs to Laminar because their bug report form is straight from the early century and should be retired yesterday for something up-to-date, but, it's the only way to actually report problems directly to the source!

So please be like me, swallow the hate for a few minutes and report. Even if it's going to sit on the pile of unhandled reports for a long time because Laminar is critically understaffed in the mail sorting department. Forget about that and just report. It's the only chance that a bug has an actual chance of getting fixed eventually! Report!

https://www.x-plane.com/x-plane-bug-report-form/

Laminar should move to the new century and open up a forum like MSFS has. Or at least care for their official discord channel.

Setup: RX6800 | 5800X3D + B450 | 32GB 3200MHz | X-Plane 12

1 hour ago, bogdansrb said:

Why. They either use there time fixing bugs or waste it dealing with angry customers, i know which i would rather they did. They do know whats going on, just have better things to do.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

Why. They either use there time fixing bugs or waste it dealing with angry customers, i know which i would rather they did. They do know whats going on, just have better things to do.

Just imagine Austin starting his posts with: "Captains.." 🤣

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

12 hours ago, jcomm said:

The black flashes I mentioned experiencing with 06b2 are exactly like the ones described in the bellow link from a thread at the .Org 😕

I recently upgraded my GTX-960 2gb card to a new RTX-3060 12gb.
This way I no longer have the magenta bug and can experience XP12 better.
I liked the Beta2, the sunset sky colors are similar to "FS9 Supersky 2020" (so they are nice).
I have had no black flash issues (I'm running on Win10)... however if some users report seeing black flashes it is likely that this bug really exists.
I liked the new clouds overall.
I have seen strange cloud formations sometimes, but I don't worry, they will fix them in the next betas.

a320-2023-08-01-18-09-32-2.jpg

a320-2023-08-01-18-35-26-2.jpg

• Like 1

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]

10 hours ago, turbomax said:

you crash landed the Citation before you deployed the thrust reversers (again nonsense, happens during taxi on the ground with thrust reversers deployed), again your fault.

You still haven't been able to grasp it? In the RW Citation, reversers use is forbidden below 65kts (forward speed). If you use them outside their operating limitations, don't be surprised if something bad happens.

I just checked in X-Plane, and the only way the Citation tips over with the use or reversers, is if you use them while letting the aircraft to start moving backward. This powerback is definitely not approved on the real Citation.

Don't blame a sim which is too realistic for you, if the real culprit is your lack of skills in operating an aircraft.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

12.06b3 out

Bug fixes for X-Plane 12.06b3:

• XPD-14312 – Mac Crash Reporter Hangs.
  • XPD-14309 – Bug report “new mouse joystick inhibits clickspots”.
  • XPD-14275 – Crash when running with HITS instrument near vegetation if HITS instrument is visible on the first frame.
  • XPD-14268 – Need logging to catch NaN in NATC.
  • XPD-14267 – Crash sending ATC FP to FMS.
  • XPD-14282 – Repeating “Change My Frequency” calls too fast.
  • XPD-14269 – VR mouse broken with OpenXR.
  • XPD-14273 – Mouse yoke non responsive outside the square.
  • XPD-14272 – draw_call_type datarefs breaks 3rd-party window drawing.
  • XPD-14254 – TestPlugin fires dev_assert.
  • XPD-14249 – Altitude selection display on Citation X garbled characters when set to QNH and less than 10.000 feet.
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Hmmm, have to try it, but no mention to the black screen flashes 😞

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

2 minutes ago, Upkeep said:

Black flashes still there with latest beta. Sadly. 

🥴

Main Simulation Rig: