Sign in to follow this  
alexcolka

XP12.06b1 is out

On 7/29/2023 at 9:09 PM, bogdansrb said:

I think their testing team are the fans over at the org forum that can't see any issues with x-plane.

Again, perhaps some links to those posts that say XP12 is 'perfect'.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

On 7/28/2023 at 7:15 PM, bogdansrb said:

It's not on their top priorities since they all have macs with retina displays and nvidia cards with AA postprocessing and they don't care for us peasants with 1080p displays.

It's just a guess, but do you live with @turbomax?  I'm finding it difficult to decide which one is posting.

Edited by MrBitstFlyer

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

58 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I'm finding it difficult to decide which one is posting.

actually quite easy. my posts are full of screenshots.

thrust reversers deployed. FAA approved:

thrustreverserseffect4efa1.jpg

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

14 minutes ago, turbomax said:

thrustreverserseffect4efa1.jpg

Seems you made a boo boo deploying thrust reversers in the air

54 minutes ago, turbomax said:

Seems physically correct to me, in the right conditions?

Edited by Murmur

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

2 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

Seems you made a boo boo deploying thrust reversers in the air

seems you made a boo boo not understanding how the Citation X thrust reversers work.

interesting what we can learn from the self-proclaimed experts here. how about I was on the ground, as you can still see the runway.

"The reversers can only be deployed, by the reverse
thrust levers, when the primary throttle (thrust levers) are in the idle thrust position and the airplane is on the ground, as sensed by either of the main gear squat switches. "

https://www.smartcockpit.com/docs/Cessna_Citation_X-Engines.pdf

p.s. "Private and commercial aircraft feature safeties within the system that prevent the thrust reversers from deploying when the aircraft is in the air."

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

1 hour ago, Murmur said:

physically correct

sure, absolutely correct for an airplane to fall back on its tail with thrust reversers activated. that's why they are used only rarely for pushbacks. 🤣

"x-plane looks good under certain conditions (tm)"

show me a single youtube illustrating this effect in real life.

Edited by turbomax

very nice.

21 minutes ago, turbomax said:

sure, absolutely correct for an airplane to fall back on its tail with thrust reversers activated. that's why they are used only rarely for pushbacks. 🤣

So thats one plane that may we be a developer issue, Did you slam the breaks on. Considering your location, you either did a lousy landing or failed to undeploy reverse  which is both your fault.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

1) So thats one plane that may we be a developer issue, 

2) a) you either did a lousy landing or b) failed to undeploy reverse  which is both your fault.

1) default x-plane12 aircraft

2) or c) x-plane did a lousy job. you're so funny.

this is how it works in the real world:

very nice.

7 minutes ago, turbomax said:

1) default x-plane12 aircraft

2) or c) x-plane did a lousy job. you're so funny.

this is how it works in the real world:

Considering you are the first one to complain about it, and there are lots of users who fly that plane, Id say you have a problem not xplane. Ive certainly never seeing that and I flew the pants off it during the early release. Just about every complaint has being of the FMS because it is not a pay ware product and everyone wants pay ware performance.

Of course to add, if it is a bug and you can prove it, you know what to do.

Edited by mjrhealth
  • Upvote 1

"Seems you made a boo boo deploying thrust reversers in the air"

seems you are an expert in thrust reversers.

"you are the first one to complain about"

I have complained about many more issues.

instead of justifying an x-plane problem, read up on thrust reversers and show me a single youtube where a plane falls on its tail because of thrust reversers. 🤣

very nice.

3 minutes ago, turbomax said:

I have complained about many more issues.

instead of justifying an x-plane problem, read up on thrust reversers and show me a single youtube where a plane falls on its tail because of thrust reversers.

I said you are the first to complain about this issue. I have never seeing anyone else complain about this. So again if its a bug did you submit a report. Simple yes know would suffice. And so far you havnt confirmed its an xplane problem, if it was there would be a lot more complaints on this issue.

Ill leave it at that.

I really hope we don't have people in these forums, let alone this community, who expect near 100% accuracy in default aircraft in ANY flight sim.

I'm not going to go out on a limb and make any judgements on those people, but if anyone was expecting study level default aircraft, that come for free with the base package, and were NOT made by developers who already had a payware version of that aircraft, and were offered a fat bag of cash for that aircraft...I would be very shocked, and I would seriously question that persons thought process and/or motives.  Regardless if the base platform was FAA certified or not.

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/29/2023 at 11:21 PM, Dirk.M said:

I think, that today many gamers are thinking, that the bigest display with the highest resolution ist the holy grail.

In my opinieon the most gamers follow the advertising promises of the manufacturers.

I think a good FullHD Display with 29" in combination wir TrackIR brings a lot more with less problems.

It reminds me of the time when the foxtail on the Opel Manta's antenna was a substitute for penis size.

You're forgetting the people with Home Cockpit. And precisely because X-Plane is unbeatable in this respect, there will be more people here who use it.

I even considered putting a separate monitor on each B737 "window" at one point, but then discarded it because I also use the room as a living room. So you see the use of X-Plane is very diverse and not always small monitors are useful and usable.

Edited by Skylon5000

FSX Computer: I7-980X @4GHZ - Kingston DDR3 1066MHZ (7-7-7-20) - Gainwaird GTX285 1GB - 2x Raptor 150GB (1. Generation)

5 hours ago, turbomax said:

Oops, I honestly thought your shot was from MFS ?

In MFS, we can actually make some really weird stuff on ground, playing with thrust reverse... It also applies to some payware aircraft like the ATR 72 / 42 with prop reverse... 

Some aircraft can accelerate wildly on thrust reverser, even some airliners where the effect is actually more that of an aerodynamic wall than one of "inverting the thrust axis"...

OFC default aircraft on both sims can leave a lot to be desired in terms of accuracy when we look at some details.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...