Sign in to follow this  
alexcolka

XP12.06b1 is out

4 minutes ago, turbomax said:

he doesn't care for airliners, let alone fighter jets.

Just the spitfire then.

AutoATC Developer

5 hours ago, bogdansrb said:

I'd be really curious how you got rid of AA issue.

so far I was only referring to in cockpit graphics, which are excellent in the default C172. outside world may be different.

"Do you have any Nvidia post processing enabled?"

no.

what still needs work: pretty obvious color banding in the clear blue evening sky colors during dusk. and sun light needs to settle more subtle, more gradually. both are handled better in the other "hostile" simulator.

these are probably more obvious and distracting effects in VR, but not the end of the world either. 

don't understand why it didn't intercept the ILS for rwy 24 at KACK: GPS1 tuned to 109.1 MHz, VLOC CDI, autopilot APPR mode, GS intercepted from below 2.000 ft and heading close to runway heading.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

7 minutes ago, bogdansrb said:

I'm doing a night flight right now. Not looking too bad.

x-plane12: best from dusk till dawn. 

• Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

28 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Just the spitfire then.

doesn't have GPS or autopilot. but seriously, not interested in ANY fighter aircraft. only GA.

very nice.

look ma, St.Elmo's fire in xplane 12-0-5xxx

xplane12-st-elmosfirel9c46.png

St.Elmo's fire gone in xplane 12.0.6b1:

xplane1206b1-citationgofuz.png

• Like 1

very nice.

10 minutes ago, turbomax said:

doesn't have GPS or autopilot.

Indeed, seat of your pants the whole way round, 100% visual nav, and no relaxing waiting for the auopilot to fail.

11 minutes ago, turbomax said:

ANY fighter aircraft. only GA.

C172 then 😛

6 minutes ago, turbomax said:

St.Elmo's fire gone in xplane 12.0.6b1:

After another few years of finding things to complain about, then seeing them fixed in a few months (as long as LR know about it, and can recreate it), you'll be as relaxed about them as we are.

Unfortunately, every time they fix something, you will find something new to complain about.

Then you'll just move onto hoping and praying they dont break the things you have come to love and depend on, and be happy with every release that goes by without that happening.

Last time I got really gumpy was a beta with:

GyaoZnF.jpg

Which is a lot of years ago now.

It's been "roughly" this pace ever since I grabbed my first copy of XP10.

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

Just the spitfire then.100% visual nav

I enjoy night VFR, day IMC and IFR - VR only, Spitfire was not made for this. GA includes the default Citation, which looks and flies beautifully. 

Edited by turbomax

very nice.

2 hours ago, turbomax said:

what still needs work....

We apologise for the previous positive interruption to your programme, normal service has now been resumed.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

39 minutes ago, turbomax said:

VR only

wholly empathise with this position.

So much so that I have to check myself being too insulting to those still on 2D

43 minutes ago, turbomax said:

I enjoy night VFR, day IMC and IFR

nice.

I would still recommend both the spitfire and F14 though, both are very VR friendly and an absolute joy to throw around.

Its a massive rush just getting the spitfire down safely in VR, without tipping her over or ground looping.

AutoATC Developer

On 7/24/2023 at 5:32 PM, blingthinger said:

I've got the same card and the same patchiness. It's the SSAO. Plenty of bug reports. One person on discord claims that reverting to an old driver (didn't say which version) helped but I haven't been able to get rid of it other than disable SSAO. If the driver claim is true, it's more AMD driver mess.

I will go ahead and also add a bug report so this bumps up in priority at Laminar end. 

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

11 hours ago, Pascal_LSGC said:

I'm amazed by your work and your knowledge ! Thanks a lot for your contribution !

I dabbled a bit with the scattering shader some years ago, and I always thought that only taking the rgb components into account was a very limiting simplification. I'm amazed that you could take the whole spectrum into account.

From your description, I'm not sure I understand if you calculate the contributions of the whole spectrum in real time, or if it's just used to find a more correct set of 3 coefficients for rgb. Could you please enlighten me on this point?

Hi, that's actually a really nice question. Indeed the rendering is still done in RGB, not spectrally. However instead of trying to pick 3 wavelengths for red, green and blue, which is equivalent to rendering with only 3 spectral samples, this approach takes the entire visual spectrum into account when calculating the red, green and blue coefficients. For each color channel, instead of picking a single wavelength for the coefficient, a weighted average of the coefficients for all wavelengths is taken. The weights are directly based on how much all wavelengths contribute to the color channel. For instance, 650 nm is a brighter red than 680 nm, so the coefficient for 650 nm has more weight than the coefficient for 680 nm. This approach gives the most accurate coefficients possible for rendering in RGB, though in the end it is still an approximation and fully spectral rendering would be more accurate. However spectral rendering has its own disadvantage, namely performance impact, and based on my experiments the difference between spectral rendering and rendering in RGB using the coefficients from this approach is not that different. But who knows, maybe LR will switch to spectral rendering in 12.07, given that they mention more atmospheric scattering improvements in the roadmap.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

1 hour ago, Sims Smith said:

I will go ahead and also add a bug report so this bumps up in priority at Laminar end. 

Need to add that to AMD so they can fix there drivers. Laminar need backing from users, complain to AMD.

• Like 1

is there an easy way to disable these excessive reflections inside the cockpit windows?

excessivereflections0ndcs.jpg

very nice.