Sign in to follow this  
Gate99

SLC (Self Loading Cargo) version 1.6 released

46 minutes ago, Toni78 said:

In my opinion that new vesion ruined whole addon. It was nice to use earlier. Now it's way too complicated and requires too much during a flight. I uninstalled it. 

Too much during a flight? What do you mean? 

Its exactly same as before with few added features - Turn everything to automated if you don't want to do it yourself and go through the menu and turn off the things you don't want - not that hard to tweak it your preference. 

Paul Wain

On 8/28/2023 at 4:39 AM, paulwain said:

Too much during a flight? What do you mean? 

Its exactly same as before with few added features - Turn everything to automated if you don't want to do it yourself and go through the menu and turn off the things you don't want - not that hard to tweak it your preference. 

Paul, I'm using PACX which could have been a nice program but development stalled terribly.  I use it with A Pilot's Life, and PACX cooperates with GSX good enough.  One of PACX's pluses is that it doesn't need any interaction during flying, and that's what I would want.  Can the automated aspect of SLC get me to the same place, where I simply set it up before starting the flight and really don't need to interact with it during the flight?

Thanks!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I found SLC to be a little buggy and I ended up ditching it. Sometimes it would get stuck in between stages because it didn't pick up the correct voice command. The pushback stage was over-complicated and clashed with another pushback add on I needed to use for baggage handling etc and I would be left twiddling my thumbs and not moving.

There is an automated part where it takes care of itself during the stages of flight without any input but I only bought it for the voice interaction and for that it still falls short for me. It's not far off mind.

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

I like it as it's not a management game. I'm the pilot and I have things to do while preparing for departure.The intercom rings, the Purser & I interact, back to prep for the flight.
That's a realistic take on flying the tube. I'm hoping development continues apace.

I just picked up SLC and have done a few flights with it using the Fenix a320 and GSX, It is working pretty well. I need to make some adjustments, but overall it has added a lot of immersion to the flight. 

Hey guys,

I have extremely low FPS whenever I utilize the SLC UI. If I call ground or something frames drop from steady 30 to 5-9, and then go back to 30 when I close the UI tab and go back to the sim. Has anyone encountered this? Does anyone know of potential fixes?

I like SLC but it's impossible for me to use it with such a dramatic hit on frames, and sadly there's no SLC community to ask for help in.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

4 hours ago, WestAir said:

Hey guys,

I have extremely low FPS whenever I utilize the SLC UI. If I call ground or something frames drop from steady 30 to 5-9, and then go back to 30 when I close the UI tab and go back to the sim. Has anyone encountered this? Does anyone know of potential fixes?

I like SLC but it's impossible for me to use it with such a dramatic hit on frames, and sadly there's no SLC community to ask for help in.

There's a discord?
Anyway this sounds very strange. Maybe anti virus protection? Try to exclude the SLC folder and the .exe.

6 hours ago, WestAir said:

Hey guys,

You need to Uncheck the "Enable Dropshadow Effect On UI" checkbox in settings, general settings tab, user interface tab, general tab, performance options as explained in https://www.selfloadingcargo.com/support

• Like 2

1pc:WIN11/64, MSFS,PF3,TRacKir5,SPAD Next,FSUIPC 7,GSX
I7-12700KF/32Gb DDR4 3600MHz/ASUS ROG 2070 SUPER OC/GEKOGS105/Alpha Flight Control/CH throttle,Ped/SAITEK InstR/Radio Panel
2pc:WIN10 LNM,remote text program,pf3 display

8 hours ago, cteixeira said:

You need to Uncheck the "Enable Dropshadow Effect On UI" checkbox in settings, general settings tab, user interface tab, general tab, performance options as explained in https://www.selfloadingcargo.com/support

That did it! Thank you!

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

With all this good feedback in this thread, I have been giving SLC a hard look and I think I am going to give it a try. Looks like it will add some more enjoyment to my sim flights 🙂 

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

On 1/14/2024 at 12:52 PM, sniper31 said:

With all this good feedback in this thread, I have been giving SLC a hard look and I think I am going to give it a try. Looks like it will add some more enjoyment to my sim flights 🙂 

I could hardly wait to get up this morning to go fly w/ SLC and APL--at 5:24am to be exact 😁   I think it's absolutely phenomenal as an adjunct to keep one aware of commercial flight management, not just flying the plane.  A Pilot's Life alone does not do this--it's useful for scoring a limited set of behaviors related only to flying the plane.  In the RW, real risk is part of the experience that helps keep one focused on what MUST be done in large part, and that is completely missing in a flight sim as there are no meaninful consequences--but you can add them by scoring, and SLC adds a slew of them. 

The developer has done an incredible job of tying many elements of your total work flow involving crew and PAX.  He's done a remarkable job with the canned Voice Packs.  The content is fine, the delivery in my native American doesn't sound like a RW pilot, kind of like MS Azure voices in ATC.  Not bad, but not passing the Turing Test.  If you have the FBW A320NX the pilot actually sounds like a RW pilot, and may well be.  I think this takes special acting talent to take written text and make it sound like spontaneous, natural speech, not someone reading text to someone else.  It's not all bad at all but it's an area I feel would elevate the experience to the next level.  It's amazing how he lets you concatenate various segments of a PA announcement according to your liking.  I think the developer is exceedingly bright and thoughtful and I hope he continuous to advance the project.

• Like 3

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

On 1/15/2024 at 6:48 AM, WestAir said:

That did it! Thank you!

ok lost on  this  setting unable  to find  this  setting,  downloaded  this  today  just figuring  all  the  settings  etc  but  unable  to locate  this ?  all i get in  the  general settings user interface but  no  performance  tab  is Application Visibility, flight scoring  report, window size

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I’ve installed this but just can’t get it to work. I have interactions set to automatic, but I keep getting notifications with no audio/transcript. I believe the issue may relate to having two sound cards installed, but unsure. 

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? I’ve tried their tech docs/FAQ and nothing is resolving.

4 hours ago, pete_auau said:

ok lost on  this  setting unable  to find  this  setting,  downloaded  this  today  just figuring  all  the  settings  etc  but  unable  to locate  this ?  all i get in  the  general settings user interface but  no  performance  tab  is Application Visibility, flight scoring  report, window size

edit  solved  the  issue  hadnt  updated  to the  latest  patch

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg