Sign in to follow this  
Gate99

SLC (Self Loading Cargo) version 1.6 released

2 hours ago, Shrek1970 said:

I don't like it won't work with a sim speed greater than 1

What happens? Will it work correctly once you return to normal speed or will it be out of sync for the remainder of the flight?

Edited by petz_e

Mini update released - (Testing only NOT final )  Download from your SLC Account

• FIXED: SpeechRecogniser crashing on some non-English installations when pressing "Start Flight".
  • FIXED SimBrief import issue (when using Pilot Id instead of Pilot Username).
  • FIXED ALT+SHIFT+P / ALT+SHIFT+T shortcuts swapped around in Settings (when mapping to hardware buttons).
  • ADDED: Optional Push-To-Talk Mode for Voice Commands (Requested):
    - Right-click the Microphone icon to toggle PTT mode when using voice. Hold LeftCtrl key to speak.
    - Icon circle changes colour to RED when idle, ORANGE when listening.
    - Speech Helper window text commands display TRANSPARENT when Idle, OPAQUE when listening.
    - Speech Helper window text now contains PTT instructions if turned on.
  • ADDED: Ability to close SLC without removing Save state (Requested).
    - If you want to come back to SLC later on (or close the app for whatever reason), it will remember its state and you can continue your flight. DOES NOT RESTORE YOUR AIRCRAFT STATE (not possible 😉 ).
Edited by paulwain

Paul Wain

I can really recommend this software, it adds a lot to your airliner flights! Lot of fun and interactions.

42 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

I can really recommend this software, it adds a lot to your airliner flights! Lot of fun and interactions.

I really enjoyed using it when it first came out. But now that I fly exclusively in VR I'm going to wait for the VR menu version. I think it's on the to do list down the road.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

2 hours ago, Gate99 said:

I really enjoyed using it when it first came out. But now that I fly exclusively in VR I'm going to wait for the VR menu version. I think it's on the to do list down the road.

Just thinking aloud here, but I'm wondering if its possible to get the commands to work in FLOW until the VR version comes around.

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

I'm on holiday so I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

There's one thing I don't quite understand. Are the voice packs capable of integrating information on the fly? Like the departure airport, the weather or the altitude? Or is it just the tts that can do this?

On 7/31/2023 at 11:20 AM, rjack1282 said:

In the update blog the developer acknowledged and sincerely (imo) apologized for all the issues with communication and delays associated with this update and I accept his apology.  He took a lot of word not allowed there for a while whether deserved or not.

And yet, two days later, he's calling those customers who complained "idiots" in MSFS forums. The guy is a loose canon and needs to go away. 1.6 is good, cool - next... but this guy doesn't deserve anyone's attention.

Edited by moxiejeff
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, moxiejeff said:

And yet, two days later, he's calling those customers who complained "idiots" in MSFS forums. The guy is a loose canon and needs to go away. 1.6 is good, cool - next... but this guy doesn't deserve anyone's attention.

Good thing you are perfect all around ...

Yes, he is not the great communicator, but with version 1.6 he also demonstrated that he can create a very good addon. That's good enough for me. I am grateful for the work that he put into 1.6, despite all the headwind he received.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

Good thing you are perfect all around ...

Yes, he is not the great communicator, but with version 1.6 he also demonstrated that he can create a very good addon. That's good enough for me. I am grateful for the work that he put into 1.6, despite all the headwind he received.

FFS, what headwind? He had 3 years and kept promising his customers "it's coming next week!" - a year goes by, anyone who asks what's going on, BANNED. Sounds super stable to me. And no one is saying 1.6 is awful (it's by no means the best addon ever). 

It's not that serious; glad you enjoy it. I am actually using it as I type!! Just not a supporter of the dev.

Edited by moxiejeff

For me slc crashes before I can even start flight. And on SLC- website there's no option to see my v1.5 activation code so now I'm out of slc. Tried different airplane and location. No use 😞

20 hours ago, Toni78 said:

For me slc crashes before I can even start flight. And on SLC- website there's no option to see my v1.5 activation code so now I'm out of slc. Tried different airplane and location. No use 😞

Have you emailed Steve? He responds back in a day or so

Paul Wain

On 8/3/2023 at 5:51 PM, Rackham said:

I'm on holiday so I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

There's one thing I don't quite understand. Are the voice packs capable of integrating information on the fly? Like the departure airport, the weather or the altitude? Or is it just the tts that can do this?

Yes indeed they can say dynamic stuff like airport names or temperature or flight numbers. All those have been prerecorded (600 airport/city names IIRC) so it sounds fluid.

• Like 1

It look great! I’m waiting for a VR compatibility 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm French, sorry for my bad english 🙂

In my opinion that new vesion ruined whole addon. It was nice to use earlier. Now it's way too complicated and requires too much during a flight. I uninstalled it.