Sign in to follow this  
mspencer

Why is Navigraph SSO so bad?

Genuine question. I'm now 45 minutes in to trying to convince the Navigraph Hub that I have a subscription after SSO kicked me out. I've restarted it several times, restarted my computer, killed the process, etc., and I'm just rewarded with a blank blue screen.

SSO kicked me out of Simlink the other day - I haven't gone through the 5 minute tedium of click click click and then restart the program a few times yet. Still haven't figured out how to remind it P3D is no longer installed, because while it knows P3D v5 is gone, it's still looking for P3D v1. Simlink is easily the most annoying of all of the programs.

Charts kicks me out seemingly completely at random. The login will be good for weeks, and then SSO will hit me for validation 3 times in a week.

The improvement to Charts and stuff, very nice, but why is the SSO more annoying than the one I use for work?

• Upvote 1

Hate to be one of those opposing Andy types, when you've got an annoying piece of software on your hands but... This sounds more like a local issue with your Windows and / or installation. Literally never had a single issue, nothing of what you're describing, with anything from Navigraph. So that's not some inherent flaw with it what you're describing.

• Like 9

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Never had an issue as well. And I use it for several different addons. SSO works flawlessly on my system.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

This happens with me too, not just a “you problem” as indicated above. I have to reauthenticate with simlink literally every other time it is used. Drives me absolutely crazy. There are apps at work that remember me almost permanently, couldn’t even tell you the last time I had to log in manually.

• Upvote 1

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Just now, kiwikat said:

This happens with me too, not just a “you problem” as indicated above. I have to reauthenticate with simlink literally every other time it is used. Drives me absolutely crazy. There are apps at work that remember me almost permanently, couldn’t even tell you the last time I had to log in manually.

I was gonna say... I can't think of something in Windows that is spiking the SSO handshake, and I'm aware of numerous friends with the same issue.

I have apps on my computer with SSO that I genuinely don't know the password to anymore, because they authenticated years ago and never seemed to get amnesia. 

24 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Hate to be one of those opposing Andy types, when you've got an annoying piece of software on your hands but... This sounds more like a local issue with your Windows and / or installation. Literally never had a single issue, nothing of what you're describing, with anything from Navigraph. So that's not some inherent flaw with it what you're describing.

Agreed. I believe of the OP had simply predicated their paragraph with:

“For me…”

and closed it with:

”Anyone else see this behavior?”

the reception and answers might be more positive. Just sayin,

-B 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

..and a decoding of 'SSO', for those not familiar with / never heard of it. 

• Like 5

Petraeus

Are you (OP) running something that might be breaking SSO? Do you often switch VPN profiles or something? I sometimes get SSO issues like this on my work laptop, which connects to a couple of VPNs, and some apps don't like that and want to me keep reconnecting. No idea if Navigraph would do that, it's on my gaming PC. But perhaps this might be a reason.

For what it’s worth: I have  the same issue, sometimes more frequently, some times less frequently. I raised it in Navigraph’s support forum and was told that this shouldn’t happen, but ultimately no resolution was reached. 

• Upvote 1

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

I've had zero problems with Navigraph.  As a matter of fact, I can't remember the last time it made me re-authenticate. 

• Like 1

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

46 minutes ago, Petraeus said:

I second this, what is "SSO" and will it have all my base  😁

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I had to do some googling as I'm no expert, but SSO seems to mean "Single Sign On." The ability to login to different websites and services using a single set of credentials. For example, AVSIM allows you to login using Facebook. Many other websites will accept Google credentials, etc.

Regards,

PD

1 minute ago, Petraeus said:

Single Sign On, so the prompt to login to your account with their website. They added Google and Apple ID SSO APIs at some point I guess, might try the Google one. 

It just seems like the Navigraph one is broken - it's constantly prompting a sign-in.

15 minutes ago, tipitout said:

I had to do some googling as I'm no expert, but SSO seems to mean "Single Sign On." The ability to login to different websites and services using a single set of credentials. For example, AVSIM allows you to login using Facebook. Many other websites will accept Google credentials, etc.

Anything that redirects you to a webpage is in itself a type of SSO - so when it's using the Navigraph website to authenticate, it's SSO.

1 hour ago, JonathanC said:

Are you (OP) running something that might be breaking SSO? Do you often switch VPN profiles or something? I sometimes get SSO issues like this on my work laptop, which connects to a couple of VPNs, and some apps don't like that and want to me keep reconnecting. No idea if Navigraph would do that, it's on my gaming PC. But perhaps this might be a reason.

I have a VPN on my PC but it doesn't seem to be linked to this. I routinely use it but it can easily lose signed in status without me even touching the VPN. The Simlink one this morning was a good example - worked fine at 11:30 AM and by 11:45 AM, time to sign in again.

Yeah, for some planes I had to resign each time I fly. Then again, if these planes are updated I think that would warrant a navigiraph verification. It happened to me on the a2a a few times

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

3 hours ago, mspencer said:

Single Sign On, so the prompt to login to your account with their website. They added Google and Apple ID SSO APIs at some point I guess, might try the Google one. 

It just seems like the Navigraph one is broken - it's constantly prompting a sign-in.

Anything that redirects you to a webpage is in itself a type of SSO - so when it's using the Navigraph website to authenticate, it's SSO.

I have a VPN on my PC but it doesn't seem to be linked to this. I routinely use it but it can easily lose signed in status without me even touching the VPN. The Simlink one this morning was a good example - worked fine at 11:30 AM and by 11:45 AM, time to sign in again.

Might be worth opening a ticket with Navigraph. I've signed in once, and the only time I need to sign in again is after an update. Easily weeks or months between that. 

• Upvote 1