Sign in to follow this  
Bernard Ducret

Things to come to MSFS... Soon (?!)

Before anybody complains... I am aware that this is a P3D video and we are in a MSFS forum, but I thought this was newsworthy for us as well.

And yes it will come to MSFS... after P3D, and, no, we don't know when yet.

Here is the relevant thread: https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/topic/32983-concorde-virtual-crew-system/#comment-260936

FSLabs has done an outstanding job - once more - with their Concorde adding their Virtual Crew making this simulation even more realistic and "easier" for desktop pilots. But no compromise, it's going to be demanding and certainly rewarding to fly her.

Paper work, original charts (BA and AF), briefing and loading slips are part of the simulation, so is the GSX integration specific to this aircraft allowing for startup before pushback.

They are working on RC8 for P3D. After fixing whatever will need to be ironed out on P3D, the MSFS version will come our way. And, Yes, they work at their own pace, but they produce masterpieces, worth waiting for.

Edited by Bernard Ducret
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

This makes me happy for Ray, FSL do produce masterpiece's i agree absolutely loved the 3xxx in P3D, just wished they could bring a wide body Airbus to MSFS because Fenix as hoovered up the narrowbody's with their their own fantastic A320

• Like 2

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

Doesn't make sense that it'll come before MFS 2024 I guess...

In the meanwhile I will surely try to enjoy it as much as I can in P3d v5.4, just as I am having big fun again with my preferred ever airbuses....

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

This will only sell to some old school simmers. Fact is P3D is a Dead Sim for most. Everything is kludgy old tech. If you skip to 10:00 and view the animation including the train in the background. Stuttery mess.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Greazer said:

This will only sell to some old school simmers. Fact is P3D is a Dead Sim for most. Everything is kludgy old tech. If you skip to 10:00 and view the animation including the train in the background. Stuttery mess.

You could argue a study level Concorde for any platform is a questionable development investment, given its niche status these days...

It seems really impressive. Anyway, it is really a niche aircraft and seems a very complicated aircraft. So I have no idea how well it will sell, even on msfs. 

We will also see the price asked for it. Will it be classic FSL kind of price? Will it be cheaper on msfs compared to P3D?

Anyway, it seems a master piece!

Something I will never buy. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Something i'll buy as soon as it's launched. And i am not a old school simmer. I want the complexity and this will have it by the barrel load.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Personally wouldn't buy a Concorde, zero interest in it.

Also, think we've seen that all that reputation and skill doesn't necessarily translate into creating world class products under MSFS. So they'd need to establish themselves again, learn all the ins- and outs of the SDK. Just look at PMDG, they were a top dog under P3D and a big name. Under MSFS, they are still struggling to nail the 737 in some aspects, autopilot has issues and I think it's one of the only commercial jets without an EFB at this point and still doesn't have a release date. Took them years to finally dial in their development flow.

So I'm setting my expectations low. Plus, focusing on developing a Concorde for P3D v5 at this point, you gotta question their priorities.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Never a shortage of nay sayers. Consistency is a virtue I guess.

Over the years I have bought everything FSL has brought out and I have never been disappointed. My FSL product support experience has been excellent.

I'll be buying.

An interesting thing to consider is this aircraft was designed partly on a drafting table by people with slide rules - and it worked.

And yes, I am what some would consider an old school simmer.

Dave

retired blue collar forest fire suppression pilot for many years..... so I guess that makes me old, lol.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

FSLabs should offer a significant discount for the MSFS version for those purchasing Concorde for P3D. There is barely anyone left using that sim and this measure could surely help boost their cash flow a bit. 

• Like 2

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

If it came out today, I would be all over it, 737 and 320 fatigue. If comes out with or after PMDG 777 then wait till 777 fatigues.

I'm not the typical "customer" for this addon, BUT

The Concorde Aircraft/Airframe is Really something *SPECIAL* !!!

It holds a special place in my Aviation heart, 

This is like a Space-ship "for the skies", all that cutting-edge technology made for the timeperiod, instead of going to outer space..

This is an Engineering Masterpiece, and I loved every bit of film/documentary/behind the scenes that has been showcased about it on the web. *Especially* the joint BBC/French television Documentary.

No wonder so many people LOVE The Concorde.

It was a really SAD day for Aviation & Engineering (as a CAD-designer/Draughsperson I feel close to it.) when the Concorde "was retired for good", and I must say I shed a few tears.... 😵💫😭 If would have been "an engineer on this team" I would have been COMPLETELY HEARTHBROKEN *that day* of last flight....

*at the end of The Concords Journey* in the Documentarys.

I will not be capable of flying it myself sadly. 😵💫😲😳😳

But I am absolutely Happy/Thrilled for those who have waited sooo patiently for this EXCACT plane! +1  So Happy for you Ray 😃

This *preview VID* was soo appropriate for "This MAJESTIC-Masterpiece" HATS OFF TO FS-LABS!! for recreating the CONCORDE at it's absolute Finest, The crew-feel and cinematic camera-angles onboard was also really imersive.

This Airframe is probably a must in VR to get that BEEING THERE FEEL..

Hope to see some Nice videoes about it beeing professionally flown & filmed/Streamed. 😃

Edited by Rune-ENHD
  • Like 7