Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

First picture of FSLabs Concorde for MSFS

Heh, due to the Concorde's pointy nose, odd angles and high stance, it almost looks like one of those basic, generic model replacements of AI traffic you see sometimes 😅

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Am I missing something? The article in the link refers to a P3Dv5 version, and the further onward link within that article takes you to a page that states "not for MSFS 2020".

Or is the original post being ironic?

(Not that I'm bothered, I wouldn't want a "realistic" version of this anyway, I was just curious as to what it looked like)

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

The article has the following before the screenshot:

"And lastly - we cannot wait to start showing more previews on what we've also been working on :) For anyone waiting for that version - we are going to be offering a discount to all our loyal P3Dv5 Concorde customers once that product is available in the future!"

From that I think it's safe to assume they're talking about MSFS.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Ian Box

Ah, ok. I guess this is an ongoing thing that I just haven't been previously following/aware of. Way too subtle for the likes of me <grin>.

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

1 hour ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

I was hoping more for a A321 or a A330 screenshot.

I am somehow confident we are going to see something like that very soon... 

It looks photoshopped in. Either way, not interested. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

The Concorde section of the FSL forums appears to be access restricted now, but it was open up until a few days ago before the P3D release when FSL spoke about the MSFS release below, along with a cryptic story about shoes. The MSFS version has already been in development for a while now per their earlier posts (also at least an airbus too), so I'm thinking their Concorde MSFS release is not years away but more like 2024 or maybe even late 2023? (ok late 2023 is probably very optimistic lol).

On this forum they also mentioned they'll start showing off more about the MSFS version after the P3D release so we should at least get more previews/details in 2023 hopefully, and hopefully not just about the Concorde but their airbus fleet too. Per what they said here https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/topic/32876-04-july-2023-news-update/ their focus now is exclusively on MSFS.
"As mentioned before, while development of our [P3D] Concorde title was ongoing, our development and innovation efforts have focused in bringing all new versions of our existing product lineup to Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS). MSFS, with its sophisticated graphics, real-world mapping, and an immersive user experience, aligns well with our aim to provide customers once again with highly realistic and engaging flight simulation experiences. We believe that our product range will significantly enhance the capabilities and realism of MSFS, thereby offering added value to our users ... We eagerly anticipate the successful introduction of our product range to MSFS, followed by a careful consideration of any possible P3Dv6 adaptations."

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/topic/32499-concorde-first-look/?do=findComment&comment=260809
Question: "Out of interest, how far behind will the MSFS version compared to the P3d version. I know you won't give dates or anything but is it going to be relatively soon like this year or can we expect it to still be in early development. Or were they being developed in parallel?"
FSL (Norman): "Whilst a lot of things are done in parallel, to set expectations its *not* just a few weeks away.  As you know however we don't give any other indications as they can set unnecessary pressure on releasing to a date. Once the P3D version has been released we can further look at where things are."
FSL (Norman): "I'm tied into what I can say and what I can't however if you could imagine taking that really old comfy pair of shoes with you on holiday.  The sun is shining and you and your shoes get to go do so many of the things you do at home; everything is so familiar and comfortable.
And then it rains and you know those old shoes leak all the time. Thankfully though your wife also packed a new pair of shoes, in a style just like your old faithful ones. You still get to walk around and when the rain has stopped you check out your reflection in the puddles on the ground, things just look the same, but newer and shinier. 
Luckily those old shoes toughened up your feet over the years. These new ones are causing you pain and strife as you walk, trying to break them in. You are thankful for the years and experiences gained with the old shoes."

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

3 hours ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

I was hoping more for a A321 or a A330 screenshot.

Another bus?  Don't we have enough already?

• Like 5

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

We  have the Fenix A320 CEO, FBW NEO and Headwind A330 NEO name another Airbus out there that is respectable in MSFS TODAY? We have 4 737's PMDG and the 747-8, 787-10 by WT and Kuru 787-8 on the Boeing side so I don't see many Boeings out their either.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

2 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

We  have the Fenix A320 CEO, FBW NEO and Headwind A330 NEO name another Airbus out there that is respectable in MSFS TODAY?

The Fenix is very high end and the FBW is very good.  

You also have latin vfr for the ctrl+e crowd

That's plenty!

How bout a nice high end long range biz jet like a Falcon 900EX or Global Jet?

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Plus, we will get an A321neo which Aerosoft develops generously supported by the tax which I pay.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

We  have the Fenix A320 CEO, FBW NEO and Headwind A330 NEO name another Airbus out there that is respectable in MSFS TODAY?

iniBuilds A310

Edited by BMIBaby

3 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

no kidding.  So many other planes I would rather see at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next