Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Fenix Update Released

14 hours ago, WestAir said:

Flare physics notwithstanding, I like the new engine sound changes.

On a personal note, I feel the FM won't be stellar without both the new engine model and MSFS2024 FM changes, so I'm willing to overlook a thing or two.

Agree, the sounds are great. 

Last night. I actually had one of the best landings I've had in a long while on the Fenix. ..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sidfadc said:

Pretty sure EasyJetSimPilot is NOT a pilot IRL.

Is he thinking of 320Simpilot ?

Edited by ZKOKQ
  • Like 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

9 hours ago, jcomm said:

?

Thought he was ????

You might be thinking of 320simpilot who is an Airbus FO in UK. 

Edited by ckukmale
  • Like 5

What? a potential interesting discussion around the last Fenix A320 update, is becoming gossip. I don't care about the so called youtube influencers, but the people has nothing better to do than talking about them.

Anyway, the last Fenix update works very good here, better fps and better control, there is a lot of work to do but the airplane is working very good in my opinion. My only concern, but nothing can be done from this point of view, the cockpit graphics looks cartoonish compared to the FBW A320 (derived from the default Asobo A320), and the ambiental sounds while cruising are sometimes "redundant". I'm satisfied with this last Fenix team work.

Edited by Claudius_
  • Like 4

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

38 minutes ago, ckukmale said:

You might be thinking of 320simpilot who is an Airbus FO in UK. 

I believe A320 sim pilot is a Captain not a FO? He also states in his videos that this for desktop learning and not to be used in RW training no matter what sim or aircraft he uses on a digital platform it is purely for entertainment.

Edited by JBDB-MD80
  • Upvote 1

Ever since the previous update all my cockpit screens are blank. I thought uninstalling and reinstalling this update might help, but it hasn't. Does anyone know how to fix this?

1 hour ago, Jeeper said:

Ever since the previous update all my cockpit screens are blank. I thought uninstalling and reinstalling this update might help, but it hasn't. Does anyone know how to fix this?

The alchemy behind flightsims definitely drives me bonkers.

14 hours ago, Aamir said:

Then, it does some math. It sits there and works out, "I need to go from this memorised, reference pitch, to -2 degrees, over 8 seconds". What does that work out to, class? It's a delta of 3 degrees. Over 8 seconds. That's 0.375 degrees a second.

Here's something interesting: The FCOM (Flight Crew Operating Manual) confirms that Flare Law calculates a pitch delta from the pitch at 50 ft. to -2 degrees pitch and then applies a change rate accordingly over 8 seconds ("the system begins to reduce the pitch attitude to -2 °nose down over a period of 8 s") (P 2/6), whereas the FCTM (Flight Crew Training Manual) states that the "system begins to reduce the pitch attitude at a predetermined rate of 2° down in 8 s" (P 2/12). That's a huge difference. My Manuals are dated (2008/2012), but I don't think Flare Law underwent a major change since then.

So which is it? I tend to believe that the FCOM wording seems ambigious, as approaching with a very high pitch attitude would mean to counter a very high nose down rate and thus forcing you to pull very hard, which would mean risking a tailstrike.

Probably more interesting than this Youtuber discussion.

• Like 3

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, Jeeper said:

did you check this https://kb.fenixsim.com/aircraft-hasnt-loaded-in-correctly or https://kb.fenixsim.com/everything-is-off-and-unresponsive-excluding-the-efb depending on your individual case?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

12 hours ago, jcomm said:

?

Thought he was ????

i dont think he is and neither does he work for easyJet,

but then youve got a guy dressed up on youtube in a pilots outfit reviewing scenery,  and he checks for liquids in security.

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

10 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

system begins to reduce the pitch attitude at a predetermined rate of 2° down in 8 s

Classic Airbus'ism - conflicting information in documents. You'd be surprised how often this happens between FCOM, FCTM, AMM, and all else. 

Before the rest of it, I will say this is something we have tried, because I've seen it floating around here and there. Vehemently, every type rated pilot that tried it said it was far too strong and overpowering.

I guess my ultimate question is, what is the point of taking a pitch snapshot at 50ft RA then? Seems arbitrary and fairly pointless were that the case. My other thought on this is that a predetermined 2 degree nose down rate is pretty dangerous. 2 degrees a second for 8 seconds is 16 degrees in total pitch deflection. If you floated the aircraft, you're smashing it down on the nose unless you consistently hold in backstick. While this is the intent of the system, in practise you can visually see it works quite differently. Observe this video, for example - https://youtu.be/b3KKZjfijDE?t=1003

You can see the sidestick neutral after the initial flare, followed by just small jabs of backstick here and there to keep the nose raised. At one point, a bit of forward stick is even applied to bring the nose down. 2 degrees a second of nose down input would look significantly different, I feel. 

• Like 11

Aamir Thacker

11 minutes ago, Aamir said:

2 degrees a second for 8 seconds

Yeah, pretty confusing wordings here: the way I interpreted the FCTM is 2 degrees in 8 seconds would mean  .25 degrees a second. Leaves the question why the snapshot? Only thing I could imagine is for determining when to stop the nose down rate.

Edited by Tom_L

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

2 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

Nope: 2 degrees over 8 seconds, that would be .25 degrees a second. Leaves the question why the snapshot? Only thing I could imagine is for determining when to stop the nose down rate.

0.25 degrees/s is extremely low, then, mind. That's even less the Emanuel encountered by 35% or so, him having encountered 0.375 degrees/s - and he already said it "basically didn't input any nose down" - so that would then be in the opposite direction. This is the issue, it makes sense for it to be variable and dynamic, because a predetermined nose down rate wouldn't work for so many different situations. 0.25 degrees a second, variable pitch on landings based on weight, CG, flap settings, etc - with  - is not going to be consistent with the design intent for the system. The higher your pitch, the more you're going to need to apply backstick as the energy dissipates in the landing phase, hence the higher your 50ft pitch snapshot is, the more backstick it induces you to use, and vice versa. For example, check out the end of Emanuel's latest video, where he tries a flap full approach and says that it is more consistent with what he's expecting. That would be more than 0.375 degrees/s (or 0.25 degrees/s) as the pitch was higher. 

• Like 6

Aamir Thacker

3 hours ago, Claudius_ said:

What? a potential interesting discussion around the last Fenix A320 update, is becoming gossip. I don't care about the so called youtube influencers, but the people has nothing better to do than talking about them.

I've long gotten the impression that many simmers like to talk about drama stuff more than actual flying stuff.

@Aamir or @Tom_L What's the reason for the automatic nose down inputs anyway? To counter float tendencies?

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Edited by threegreen
Double post

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD