Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

iniBuilds Honolulu Released

1 hour ago, michdb8 said:

yes i just check the afcad of the airport and is the parkings are terrible made, 90% of the gates are medium so can't handle long range aircrafts. i don't get how these guys don't test this things with ai traffic before release 

Notify inibuilds in case they don't see it (or don't check here). Seems to be a persistent issue...bug reports are complained about, but no-one actually tells the dev. I would expect it to be addressed in an update (as we are already expected updates to reflect some additional buildings soon). 

Also seconding the AI concern (and I reported it via email) so hopefully it will be addressed. 

• Like 2

The issue with swapping AI aircraft can't be completely fixed by third parties, it's an issue with the core sim. @Kaiii3 might be able to explain it better, but there's a second radius at parking spots for ground vehicles that is wider than the actual aircraft parking that can prevent aircraft from spawning in near by if it overlaps, and Asobo has no plans right now of removing that.

IIRC aircraft swapping is the sim trying to spawn an aircraft but there's no free spots.

Edited by Tuskin38

17 hours ago, anden145 said:

Sure you haven't got 4x the same order? (or something else in your 'cart') ? 

That's it.  Somehow it kept adding to my cart.  Didn't realize the little "5" on the icon at checkout meant I had 5x in my cart. (Increased by 1 since I first posted!)

scott s.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

The issue with swapping AI aircraft can't be completely fixed by third parties, it's an issue with the core sim. @Kaiii3 might be able to explain it better, but there's a second radius at parking spots for ground vehicles that is wider than the actual aircraft parking that can prevent aircraft from spawning in near by if it overlaps, and Asobo has no plans right now of removing that.

IIRC aircraft swapping is the sim trying to spawn an aircraft but there's no free spots.

The issue is caused by a missing check in MSFS:

In P3D, when there was no parking spot a requested AI injection could be injected (because all were used already), the Sim would simply not spawn the Aircraft. In MSFS the aircraft is spawned and the old one removed.... Since the parking assignment in MSFS is far more complex and uses many more variables there is more or less no 100% soltion to workaround this inside the Injector tools....

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Now I just need a DC10 to fly from ORD to PHNL and back to recreate the flights my Dad used to fly back when he was at the airlines...

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

On 8/29/2023 at 5:55 AM, solwell1 said:

Still waiting for somebody to do KMSP.

you and me both... largest class B  airport in the northern half of the US and it does not even have freeware replacement and the base sim autogen of it is arguably the worst in the US, (yes, I am aware of the 'lighting' mod on .to).  I guess well will have to wait for the third payware KORD to come out followed by the fourth KLAX offering...

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

27 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

you and me both... largest class B  airport in the northern half of the US and it does not even have freeware replacement and the base sim autogen of it is arguably the worst in the US, (yes, I am aware of the 'lighting' mod on .to).  I guess well will have to wait for the third payware KORD to come out followed by the fourth KLAX offering...

Hoping @Mir // Flightbeam will bring their excellent KMSP to MSFS.   I think Mir said he would...but its been a while since I checked.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

14 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Hoping @Mir // Flightbeam will bring their excellent KMSP to MSFS.   I think Mir said he would...but its been a while since I checked.

Unless there has been new info disseminated, it's on the list:

https://www.flightbeam.net/post/what-s-next-for-flightbeam-1

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, F737MAX said:

Unless there has been new info disseminated, it's on the list:

https://www.flightbeam.net/post/what-s-next-for-flightbeam-1

inibuilds is aware of more than one commenter here and in a thread on their own forums (a wishlist thread) echoing the desire for MSP (and some Middle Eastern Airports). I can't speak for inibuilds, but I'm willing to bet that we'll see KMSP from them after whatever the next upcoming product is.

I think it's been observed that Flightbeam's 2+ year dev cycle for San Fran, plus Flightbeam's inability to outline where MSP is in their order (could be next, could be further down on the list...either way guessing 2+ more years out) leaves ini (or whoever else) open to making a competitive product. Flightbeam's products are must-buy wonderful, but being a one-man show means that their turnaround time is understandably glacial. 

Side note related to PHNL: I also reported the AI concerns and linked to this thread on their support forms. It seems like it was a first-heard from them which was dissapointing as we are seeing users fail to report issues to inibuilds directly, and I suppose assume the dev is a mind reader (or is reading all forums everywhere), but they said they'll see what they can do. 

Edited by STK
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, STK said:

either way guessing 2+ more years out) leaves ini (or whoever else) open to making a competitive product

That's fine. For KMSP aficionados who just can't wait or the I'll-buy-whichever-is-released-first crowd, iniBuilds will have a good scenery for them.

For Flightbeam scenery fans (my emphasis):

The big focus moving forward will be major airports in the United States, regardless whether they've already been created.

In the same way that EGLL and KJFK have already been 'done' by iniBuilds, if FlyTampa, Flightbeam or Jo Sund create alternatives, I won't be the only person to make them 'Day 1' purchases despite already owning both of these airports.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

35 minutes ago, STK said:

Side note related to PHNL: I also reported the AI concerns and linked to this thread on their support forms. It seems like it was a first-heard from them which was dissapointing as we are seeing users fail to report issues to inibuilds directly, and I suppose assume the dev is a mind reader (or is reading all forums everywhere), but they said they'll see what they can do. 

That is rather disappointing to read.

iniBuilds' devs are incredibly responsive, having implemented updates to all the issues I raised for both their EGLL and KDTW sceneries.

4 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

starting to Doubt MSP gets released this decade...🤣

I bought the BMWorld KPHX and have been happy with it. I wonder how people feel who are still waiting on FB's KPHX. Im personally still waiting on KSFO to release but give me a break. MSFS has been out for 3 years and we still dont have the Flagship airport that put Flightbeam on the map. I think at this point if Inibuilds came out with SFO next month Id probably sell out and buy that too. 

3 hours ago, F737MAX said:

In the same way that EGLL and KJFK have already been 'done' by iniBuilds, if FlyTampa, Flightbeam or Jo Sund create alternatives, I won't be the only person to make them 'Day 1' purchases despite already owning both of these airports.

Well Flytampa has already cancelled one airport (CYUL) because others were making one.

4 hours ago, environmental_ice said:

starting to Doubt MSP gets released this decade...🤣

I bought the BMWorld KPHX and have been happy with it. I wonder how people feel who are still waiting on FB's KPHX. Im personally still waiting on KSFO to release but give me a break. MSFS has been out for 3 years and we still dont have the Flagship airport that put Flightbeam on the map. I think at this point if Inibuilds came out with SFO next month Id probably sell out and buy that too. 

The BMWorld PHX was pretty disappointing I hate to say. They combined too many modern parts with outdated parts.

BMWorld KPHX is a good place holder until someone else comes along. I don’t think will see one from FB anytime soon with SFO and maybe MSP still being worked. At the rate iniBuild is putting out scenery, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them release a KPHX. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro