Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

iniBuilds Honolulu Released

5 minutes ago, sniper31 said:

Okay, so the F-22 parking area is kind of modelled. All the buildings are there and look right. The F-22 parking sports are there with markings, but not the overhead sun protection that they would be parked under. Also, no actual F-22's. 

I haven't bought it yet (obviously) but for those that did need to let the developer know to finish the F22 ramp.  PHNL may for the most part be amazing but if we're paying money and bases around the airport are being modeled, they need to finish the job and/or do it correctly.🍺  I hope there's future updates, it looks good otherwise.

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I was looking to get this.  They suggest the price is around $26, but when I go to the store it is quoting £79.96!!  What's up with that.

scott s.

2 minutes ago, scott967 said:

I was looking to get this.  They suggest the price is around $26, but when I go to the store it is quoting £79.96!!  What's up with that.

scott s.

Looks fine here?
QWdBQpJ.png

2 hours ago, scott967 said:

scott s.

Sure you haven't got 4x the same order? (or something else in your 'cart') ? 

Edited by anden145
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

7 hours ago, virtuali said:

Fact a scenery was already available for P3D, doesn't automatically make the MSFS version a non "native build".

You might have had a point for many other sceneries, including several of our own like LSZH, KSDF, CYVR, KCLT and in some ways KIAH as well.

Those were originally designed before PBR came out, so their textures and modeling was made taking into account this, so their materials weren't Physically Based, and texturing was made taking into account the non-PBR engines like FSX or P3D up to V3. To "port" these sceneries into MSFS, you need to convert their non-PBR textures and materials to PBR, and this process can be either partially automated, with questionable results, or with lots of manual work tweaked to look reasonably good, but never as if the modeling/texturing was made right from the start by taking account a PBR graphic engine.

KORD is nothing like that. It's has been 100% modeled and textured using a complete PBR workflow, there's NOTHING in its 3d source codes that links it to a specific simulator, it's just a series of 3d models whose textures has been made completely using PBR techniques, right from the start, so it's just as native to MSFS like any other scenery that is being made today.

Just to clarify: the whole point of using a full PBR workflow, is you can export something to any graphic engine (that supports PBR), and it will look as good as possible on that engine, and the end result would be based how well that engine represent physical light. The idea was precisely you shouldn't have to redo your textures and materials when moving from an engine to the other so, anything that was designed in PBR right from the start, should be considered "native" to any engine it gets exported to.

For example, if MSFS would eventually get, let's say, Ray Tracing, maybe in a future version, sceneries won't have to be textured again to take advantage of that, that was the whole point of the gaming industry moving towards PBR. Unfortunately, many underuse it, relegating to fancy metal effects, but it's in fact way more than that.

It's very important to understand this distinction, because trying to pass the principle that something is "not native", JUST because it's available on other platforms, it's just wrong, without understanding how that product was designed.

Thank you for explaining and putting me in my place. Heh. I’ve been asking for a while now to try and put some love into the taxiway lights. Any chance we could get that at some point?

• Like 3

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

11 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Those,  EDDF and EHAM and my list of major airports would be pretty much complete.

Eham should drop in September. in testing fase now.

• Like 1

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

2 hours ago, pilotter said:

Eham should drop in September. in testing fase now.

Or it could undergo another three months of testing. No one knows. 

is strange that fly Tampa and Flightbeam dont release a new scenery for almost over a year and they are the top developers in msfs

• Like 1

This looks awesome I’ll definitely buy it! 

I was really looking forwards to Hawaii getting updated in either WU USA x 2 or Oceania but I still find it a bit underwhelming. 

Seafront sims Hawaii is a great add on for the islands but I wish they’d also got a bit of photogrammetry in Honolulu or elsewhere in the Oceania update. 

Honolulu airport will definitely make the area more whelming for flying around though. 

Anyone using AIG with Honolulu get airlines parked at gates to suddenly dissapear and be replaced with another airline and then back and forth. Happend to me at more and more payware airports (including Kahului). AIG staff say its due to developer not making the gate radiuses wide enough.

Very excited to saw this released and bought it. Taxied and flew around it yesterday night. On the whole I really like what I’m seeing. I for one do not particularly care for the military parts and don’t really know what they are supposed to look like - I do wish for a little more love at terminal 1. I’m not exactly sure why but I find with many developers that window textures are a little lacking. The interisland part of terminal 1 has this very reflective, blue window texture that looks unlike anything I’ve seen at the actual airport, while the international part of terminal 3 seems to have no windows at all? I hope iniBuilds spends some more time on this, especially given how nice the rest of the terminals look. Then there were some areas here and there where the pavement could use a little closer look but on the whole minor stuff. Really happy on the whole with this scenery and for me performance was fine, but I run settings on medium since my computer is several years old…

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Nobody has mentioned that 10% of sales for the first month go to Maui relief efforts.  I think that's important to bring up.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, mikced76 said:

Anyone using AIG with Honolulu get airlines parked at gates to suddenly dissapear and be replaced with another airline and then back and forth. Happend to me at more and more payware airports (including Kahului). AIG staff say its due to developer not making the gate radiuses wide enough.

Has this been reported to inibuilds? (and the developers of other products?)

4 hours ago, mikced76 said:

yes i just check the afcad of the airport and is the parkings are terrible made, 90% of the gates are medium so can't handle long range aircrafts. i don't get how these guys don't test this things with ai traffic before release 

Edited by michdb8
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1