Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

New version of Rex Accuseason

Let me address a couple things on this post in that I can't touch base on each individual item:

First - Thank you to those who have been generious to help out here with answers to those who need help.

Second - We can't address support items here on the AVSIM forum - especially related to authentication issues. These must be addressed via direct support.  We ask that you contact our support team at: https://rexaxis.com.  Our team is working feverishly to address every issue as best as possible.

Now let me address more specific items...

Release at other stores:

1.) We did not initially release at other stores for original customers because we did not want to overwhelm their support if there were issues. They are not equipted to handle any issues that came up.

2.) We will be releasing to the stores during this week, but for support is STRONGLY recommended that you use the REX support system at: https://rexaxis.com.

Authentication Issues

1.) When we initially released we provided all existing users that had REX AXIS accounts access to the download.  However, there was a data issue and some people ended up with multiple listings causing a issue.  Therefore, to fix it we had to remove the downloads for all users.

2.) Another issue arose in the initial registration process if you used the REX AXIS login. We found a bug in the code that did not pass a key aspect of data if using ORBX as a store. This was fixed, but we had to reset all user serial keys in the system for the Advanced Edition.

3.) 97% of the issues have been addressed and most customers are working now. There are a few still having issues.

A  final noted on all the security. Since the initial release of REX in 2007 we have dealt with piracy issues. After many attempts to reach out to government agencies to stop this madness we had to take our own actions. Unfortunately, it has lead to having to add more security to our products. Therefore, that is why we have tied things tightly together in our system.

We have found most of the issues are related to missing serial keys or order numbers to register.

Automation:

1. The #1 request from customers with the previous version was to have AccuSeason not show the interface when using automation. We therefore, added that function into the Advanced Edition. To access the application when it is in automation mode is to do the following:

1. Start AccuSeason manually - the application will start in the Windows system tray.
  2. Double click on the AccuSeason icon located in the Windows system tray. The appllcation should load.
  3. Disable the automation, so this will turn off the 5 minute timer.

Technical Update 1.0:

We are about to release a public beta of Technical Update 1.0.  We will be releasing this week for testing. We have a full version and we are going to be releasing a patch version. Stay tune!

Content Update 1.0:

We also have an update coming to the content. We will be scheduling some down time to upload these files. It will only take about 30 minutes to upload these, but we will keep everyone posted.

Always keep an eye on REX AXIS: https://rexaxis.com for the latest information and updates.

• Like 8

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Well, I have to admit that this is not the first time that there are difficulties with updating REX software. They unfortunately have a history with that. I'm not a developer but even the most advanced software like the Adobe suite is easy to update. Why can't REX do that through the existing version of the app? Why so much trouble that makes this topic already 26 pages long?

After reading some of the issues I held off installing this, but bit the bullet the other day and here's what I did;

- Loaded the original Accuseasons through the ORBX store
- It said there was an Update to the program
- Manually downloaded and installed
- Put in the Serial numbers and stuff
- Ran the program and it's working just fine so far

Only issue is it's not listed on the ORBX store as being owned, only the Original Accuseasons has the Tick next to it 🤔

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

53 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Only issue is it's not listed on the ORBX store as being owned, only the Original Accuseasons has the Tick next to it 🤔

That's not an issue, you didn't get it from Orbx, you got it from Rex Simulations.
It's not an update, it's a whole new product and you still have your old one.
I would suggest that you now use Orbx Central to uninstall Accuseason, which is of no more use to you.

Edited by Reader

Patiently waiting... over a week of support back-and-forth. Currently stalled on the "please delete profile.json," but there's no profile.json left to delete.

Finally, REX admitted they are having issues with there new registration process. Maybe next time they should have a better testing procedure before releasing their software.

This is not good for there sales. I was so frustrated that finally I gave up and ask for a refund. Now even if they fix the problem, I will not purchase Accuseason. I learn my lesson not to buy any addon software until reading comments from different flight simulation forums.

• Like 1

Thanks, Reed. In all my years of owning REX products, I've never had an issue with their products or support. One little glitch with the authentication the day after I installed, just deleted the json file, and everything's fine. I'm sorry if others are having trouble, but I think you're jumping the gun by asking for your money back so soon.

Edited by Bones62

4 hours ago, michelh said:

Finally, REX admitted they are having issues with there new registration process. Maybe next time they should have a better testing procedure before releasing their software.This is not good for there sales. I was so frustrated that finally I gave up and ask for a refund. Now even if they fix the problem, I will not purchase Accuseason. I learn my lesson not to buy any addon software until reading comments from different flight simulation forums.

I have nothing to do with Rex, but what I read was that they had to twice reset the licences to solve their problems.
As far as affecting the customer, I think that most of us simply had to register again, which was as easy as deleting the
Documents\REX 7\REX AccuSeason Advanced Edition\profile.json file.
That reset the registration process and thereafter, here, Accuseason Advanced has done exactly what it says that it does.
There (their) will always be those for whom a new product of any kind will cause problems and at the same time, there will
always be those who, even when there is a genuine problem, will suffer the minimum of inconvenience.
There  will also be those who are able to wait patiently for the furore to quieten down and those for whom the whole
experience is intolerable and who find that they must storm off.
Quite a few of the comments on this long topic reveal only that the user has not read the description of how it works.
In my experience, relying on a global forum, such as this one, to make your decisions, will not help you at all.

Edited by Reader

9 hours ago, Reader said:

That's not an issue, you didn't get it from Orbx, you got it from Rex Simulations.
It's not an update, it's a whole new product and you still have your old one.
I would suggest that you now use Orbx Central to uninstall Accuseason, which is of no more use to you.

Hmm ok

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

10 hours ago, Reader said:

I have nothing to do with Rex, but what I read was that they had to twice reset the licences to solve their problems.
As far as affecting the customer, I think that most of us simply had to register again, which was as easy as deleting the
That reset the registration process and thereafter, here, Accuseason Advanced has done exactly what it says that it does.
There (their) will always be those for whom a new product of any kind will cause problems and at the same time, there will
always be those who, even when there is a genuine problem, will suffer the minimum of inconvenience.
There  will also be those who are able to wait patiently for the furore to quieten down and those for whom the whole
Quite a few of the comments on this long topic reveal only that the user has not read the description of how it works.
In my experience, relying on a global forum, such as this one, to make your decisions, will not help you at all.

For your information when I re-installed Accuseason  Advanced Edition there was no profile.json file. I voice my concern to them and there was no reply. Anyway, I got my money back end of story.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Reader said:

Contacted support, then followed Ian's suggestion of trying to add the product to my REX Axis profile. This worked, and the product worked fine.

Then, support "reset my license," instructed me to delete the profile.json and re-register the product.

The problem is, there's no profile.json left to delete, the product won't activate, and it's been a week without a real response from support. I've been told twice more to delete the profile.json. 

So no, not storming off, not being unduly unpleasant, but the product isn't working and support isn't helping, and it's that case for many of us. It's as simple as that.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, mspencer said:

support "reset my license," instructed me to delete the profile.json and re-register the product.
The problem is, there's no profile.json left to delete

It's hard to follow how the product could have worked without the profile.json file.
Do you mean that you followed their support's request but there has not been a new profile.json file created,
or that there wasn't one and somehow your installation had been working without one?

Just flew out of Amsterdam and the Fall colours for this date are still green. I am checking to see if this is normal for this time of year since I am using "Automation" mode and the files seem to be updating daily. Just curious.

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I Gigabyte Z790 UD AX| MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

6 hours ago, TomCYYZ said:

Just flew out of Amsterdam and the Fall colours for this date are still green. I am checking to see if this is normal for this time of year since I am using "Automation" mode and the files seem to be updating daily. Just curious.

Check your community folder to see if all the appropriate REX folders are in there.

5 hours ago, Farlis said:

Check your community folder to see if all the appropriate REX folders are in there.

Thanks for that, yes, as stated above on Automation mode the following 4 files are updating on a daily basis:

rex_accuseason   10\11\23

rex-accuseason-rexterra-eur 10\11\23

rex-accuseason-rexterra-na 10\11\23

rex-accuseason-rexterra-uk 10\11\23

Maybe MSFS sees it as still late Summer, even though it's early Autumn

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I Gigabyte Z790 UD AX| MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |