Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

New version of Rex Accuseason

Why do none of the trees or mask work around Innsbruck?

They seem to kick in 50 miles away from the alps and about 5000 feet lower.

22 hours ago, Sethos said:

"FIXED – Rare situation where Community folder content may be erased." oooof 

Thnx for the HU 🤣

19 hours ago, B777ER said:

I asked about this in their Discord. Their reply was to ban me from their server. REX is a joke and with the features coming with MS2024, absolutely irrelevant.

Banned for asking a question  ?

Were you rude ?

Or are REX becoming like PMDG? ?

Edited by Gabe777

9 hours ago, petz_e said:

This addon has caused me so much trouble since release. The activation process was a hassle. Eventually I was able to activate it but a few days later it started asking me again and again to activate. In the process I somehow lost all my community content, thankfully I had a backup. That was the final nail in the coffin and I gave up and returned to Bijan. I was surprised how good it looks compared to REX. 

What's the downside with Bijan ? There's akways a catch.

9 hours ago, petz_e said:

This addon has caused me so much trouble since release. The activation process was a hassle. Eventually I was able to activate it but a few days later it started asking me again and again to activate. In the process I somehow lost all my community content, thankfully I had a backup. That was the final nail in the coffin and I gave up and returned to Bijan. I was surprised how good it looks compared to REX. 

Happened to me also, community folder wiped out, had to reinstall it all. I decided to scrap the product, too many issues.

Matej Stavanja

6 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

He hasn't really updated for like 2 years and is MIA. A small tree model becoming outdated/corrupt by a sim update could be enough to CTD your sim without hope of fixing. You should never buy a product from a dead company.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

He hasn't really updated for like 2 years and is MIA. A small tree model becoming outdated/corrupt by a sim update could be enough to CTD your sim without hope of fixing. You should never buy a product from a dead company.

Correct. Also, people are reporting a noticeable performance impact with Bijan's products as they have not been updated to take into account the various WU and SU releases.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

He was the only game in town for seasons and was extremely responsive. But, then he just disappeared. I own the software but wouldn't recommend buying it now. I switched to REX as it is being actively developed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

pls delete my reply all sorted

Edited by steve 86

Does anyone know how to update Accuseason? It asked me to download the update, and I did, and now it says the feature Im trying to use is not availible. Makes no sense. 

• Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

2 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Does anyone know how to update Accuseason? It asked me to download the update, and I did, and now it says the feature Im trying to use is not availible. Makes no sense. 

Ron, I had the same problem, very frustrating times with REX, but I checked out their REX Axis Support and followed the re-installation procedure here.

https://rexaxis.com/News/1193

What I gather from their Discord only new features to the program will require a full update or Re-Install, otherwise a patch. Hope this helps.

Tom

Edited by TomCYYZ
  • Upvote 1

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I Gigabyte Z790 UD AX| MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

I'm seeing very sharp changes of autumnal colours and sharp greens, noticed this in a couple of places over France. Whilst the autumnal colours do look good, where there's that transition it ruins immersion, it's not uniform across an area.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 hours ago, MarcG said:

I'm seeing very sharp changes of autumnal colours and sharp greens, noticed this in a couple of places over France.

Sounds like you're seeing the ground texture swapping/popping bug.

There's a several hundred post thread about it here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/aerial-ground-tiles-changing-popping-in/547197

Please vote on the topic. France is one of the worst-affected countries, which is weird given it's Asobo's home.

Unfortunately, the issue is even more noticeable when using AccuSeason's seasonal terrain mask.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

6 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Sounds like you're seeing the ground texture swapping/popping bug.

There's a several hundred post thread about it here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/aerial-ground-tiles-changing-popping-in/547197

Please vote on the topic. France is one of the worst-affected countries, which is weird given it's Asobo's home.

Unfortunately, the issue is even more noticeable when using AccuSeason's seasonal terrain mask.

Nope it's not that (I do suffer from that issue as well), this is a clear change in the trees colour as though the app isn't applying the autumnal colours to all the trees in the same area.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I don't think this product helps itself either. I have owned most of their products but have to say IMO, I feel they are overly complicated and unintuitive. I had a really hard time with the update. I went round so many hurdles, in the end I got support following the ticket process, but to this day I'm unsure how I ended up updating the thing! Iroinically, the main reason for me to update was to have the option for winter terrain masking, but I simply have ended up with brown runways. I noticed earlier in the thread this was mentioned, but have not read anything since about any conclusion. Is there some kind of fix for this as it seems a waste of time to implement such an option that has such a drastic effect on things?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776