Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

New version of Rex Accuseason

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

complicated and unintuitive.

Agreed Howard,  this has always been this way with most REX installers,  but somehow we put up with it cause of the desired effects.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

I don't think this product helps itself either. I have owned most of their products but have to say IMO, I feel they are overly complicated and unintuitive. I had a really hard time with the update. I went round so many hurdles, in the end I got support following the ticket process, but to this day I'm unsure how I ended up updating the thing! Iroinically, the main reason for me to update was to have the option for winter terrain masking, but I simply have ended up with brown runways. I noticed earlier in the thread this was mentioned, but have not read anything since about any conclusion. Is there some kind of fix for this as it seems a waste of time to implement such an option that has such a drastic effect on things?

Yep with the brown runways my desire to upgrade was immediately extinguished. On top of that i started to search around for my order information and it is nowhere to be found on my rex account even though i purchased the product directly from their storefront so i know i would have to go dig up the proof of purchase for them to manually force an upgrade and the thing already appears to be a "pita".

I think ill just stick with standard accu-season for now which does what i want it to do and avoid the potential disappointment with the runway issue and the possibly convoluted install.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Though it's been dissed a few times in this thread, I will state that I still use Bijan's mod and it works and looks great.  Unlike others, I've had no issue with performance.  In fact, my performance is better today whether I have Bijan in or out.

• Like 3

Randall Rocke

14 hours ago, RandallR said:

Though it's been dissed a few times in this thread, I will state that I still use Bijan's mod and it works and looks great.  Unlike others, I've had no issue with performance.  In fact, my performance is better today whether I have Bijan in or out.

Hey Randall, this addon looks awesome! I like the fact that trees have been removed from high elevation locations in the UK. It mentions the winter terrain masks, but I'm wondering about the brown runways that I experience with REX. Is this apparent with Bijan's mod or has it been addressed?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I must be the only one….i love this product. It’s a bit complicated to get setup which makes sense since just about everything is pirated now. I like how it now is silently automated. I also recently changed the trees to ‘tall,’ and they look amazing. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

11 minutes ago, V1ROTA7E said:

I must be the only one….i love this product.

Rest assured you’re not alone 😉

• Like 3

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

14 minutes ago, V1ROTA7E said:

I must be the only one….i love this product.

There are plenty of us who think it's great, though aren't as vocal.

Just changed my preset to 'Cabin Breeze'. We’re a long way behind the usual Autumn (Fall) colours for the time of year.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Unfortunately I’ve had to put Rex out to pasture for the time being.  The draw distance of trees is fairly low in MSFS, and especially in the fall, it feels like you’re flying above a small orange circle as the leaves only change within a short radius of your aircraft.  This is even more apparent when flying in VR.  I’ve kept the terrain masking on however to mute the brighter greens inherent in the Bing imagery.

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

I finally just purchased this along with using the Map Enhancement tool with the updated Bing Map imagery. I mostly fly around KBOI and the Pacific Northwest and so many areas I normally fly to look infinitely better. 

• Like 2

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

1 hour ago, Gilandred said:

Unfortunately I’ve had to put Rex out to pasture for the time being.  The draw distance of trees is fairly low in MSFS, and especially in the fall, it feels like you’re flying above a small orange circle as the leaves only change within a short radius of your aircraft.  This is even more apparent when flying in VR.  I’ve kept the terrain masking on however to mute the brighter greens inherent in the Bing imagery.

Sure, MSFS doesn't have a large draw distance.
Personally, I'd much rather see colour-appropriate vegetation to the season than not.

'Harvest' vegetation preset, 'Mid Autumn' terrain colouring, 'Cool' vegetation colour tones. TLOD 300.
Above Kielder Forest, Northumberland, UK at 2,500 feet MSL.

spacer.png

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

4 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

It mentions the winter terrain masks, but I'm wondering about the brown runways that I experience with REX. Is this apparent with Bijan's mod or has it been addressed?

The terrain masks were more important back a year or so before ASOBO finally began clearing snow from the runways, taxiways and ramps.  Now the sim does a decent job with this on its own - not perfect but certainly much better.  I never used the terrain masks as they could create some performance issues.

I also didn't use use Bijan's executable for automatic season control.  I placed the main 8 season folders in a master folder and load the proper season with AddOnsLinker.  In about a week I'll switch to the Late Fall - Early Winter folder.  This makes for a very light (really almost non-existent load) and appears to have 0 effect on performance.  I love the results.  There are also a few special localized areas such as LOWI and gorse bushes in the UK.  I have those folders set to load in the linker when I fly in those areas.

Oh, and there are no brown runways (unless they're dirt runways).  🙂

Edited by RandallR
  • Like 2

Randall Rocke