Sign in to follow this  
pmb

Flightsim.to slow to a crawl

Hi,

is it only me, but loading of Flightsim.to has been so slow for me that it's effectively unusable right now. Notably preview images load infinitely.

I was looking for a forum to ask (they had one time ago) but can't find it anymore under the new UI. In my despair, I even turned to their Discord🤢 but there's nothing besides product announcements (or I am too old to find the proper channels?).

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

No, its fast here.

But yes, Discord is just for information, not discussion, and I also do not find any forum.

However customer service is very responsive

• Like 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you. Then the issue should be on my end, although other sites just load fine. I'll go investigating.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Works fine here.

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

5 hours ago, pmb said:

Hi,

is it only me, but loading of Flightsim.to has been so slow for me that it's effectively unusable right now. Notably preview images load infinitely.

I was looking for a forum to ask (they had one time ago) but can't find it anymore under the new UI. In my despair, I even turned to their Discord🤢 but there's nothing besides product announcements (or I am too old to find the proper channels?).

Kind regards, Michael

You are not alone Michael, it happened and still happens to me too. A 540MB add-on was supposed to take 25 minutes to download and I have a 500MB/sec download connection. Downloading 2.5 GB documentaries from the German ARD Mediathek takes less than 30 seconds. But anything from flightsim.to takes an eternity. Maybe we are both too old 😀😊

• Like 2

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

On 9/8/2023 at 10:52 AM, pmb said:

Hi,

Kind regards, Michael

In terms of download it is still fast for me, if that was the question. If your question dealt with new content, not sure if it is due to the presence 300+ USA GA airports from there I have already found, downloaded, and used, or a slowdown of continued development of additional such airports, but I am finding less and less new offerings that are of interest. It has turned into just a trickle, addimittedly for how I fly. I openly state that.  It is likely a function of both.  But I continue with my routes to find MSFS default airports still badly in need of attention.  Just this past week KFLO, Florence, SC, (local to the NASCAR Darlington Speedway), and still KYIP, Willow Run Detroit, a very historical airport for many reasons, both badly lack attention.  Just two examples, and both from my most recent week of routes.

Then. So many of the addon GA USA airports developed during the first 2 1/2 years lack life.  Whether it was due to acceptibility due to the pandemic, or the lack of better object libraries, they look attractive, but also dead and lifeless.  There are now object libraries with static aircraft and with open hangars, with tool chests, shelving, hand tugs, and the like. And the ability to configure parking in some of those hangars. I would love to see many of those earlier airports revisited and brought to life.

Has TO slowed down?  For me only in those regards.  Answered in spirit, not in complaint.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

5 hours ago, fppilot said:

In terms of download it is still fast for me, if that was the question.

I have a Pro accound and downloads are lightening fast. It's the display of preview images on the "New Contents" (or whatever it's called) pages. After a bit of Googling, this might be related to my (hard) tracking settings and/or ad blocker (which I don't use though, as far as I recall).

Otherwise (in spirit 😉)... yes, they sport less and less contents attracting me. I also see less and less commercial offers which were abundant when they opened that branch.

And the idea of that MS freeware markeplace (forgot even the proper name) seems to be dead as a dodo.

Kind regards, Michael

Okay, I missed that interesting FS-Elite article because of holidays. However, the World Hub has been promised several times and there was always something in the way. I really hope it will materialize this time.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

Just in case, someone else runs into similar trouble:

(i) I tried several browsers - with the same result. Given others don't see the issue, I concluded it must be some setting on my system.

(ii) I switched off Windows Defender temporarily -  and preview images were loading quickly again. I'll study which detailed setting is dragging transfer, but this obviously is the culprit..

Kind regards, Michael 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, dusty_sourdough907 said:

That Windows Defender....

I'm glad you have found the culprit.

That can't be the culprit since I've got the same effect as @pmb and  I don't use Windows Defender.

14 minutes ago, -Belga- said:

That can't be the culprit since I've got the same effect as @pmb and  I don't use Windows Defender.

But it might be a certain setting / protection mechanism triggered by another Internet Security Program or some other helpful tool.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

Looks like it's having problems now, getting "We have a minor outage" message...

Edit: Seems to be up again.

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White