Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

A Pilots LIfe V2 and PMDG-Fenix

I have been flying with A Pilots Life for a bit over 4 months. At this point I have almost 260 flights, using both the PMDG 737 and the Fenix A 320. These flights are using real airline schedules and so far I am flying with about 8 or more different airlines. I started with one star airlines and presently I am flying with a 5 star airline, United Airlines. I like to do routes that average around 2 hours or less, which APLife allows me to select from the various  schedules. All flights, everyone, has been flawless. No problems with the sim, or both of the aircraft I have been flying. I use PF3 for ATC, so zero issues with ATC, and using Avliasoft EFB, selecting Sids and Stars are really simple. In all my over three decades of flight simming, I have not had a better flying experience. My only issue at this point is trying to decide which aircraft to fly, because they both are great.... MSFS 2020 is the best.....😀

• Like 12

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I have also been using this excellent program, my biggest dilemma has always been "where do I fly to next", this solves that problem and gives a purpose to all those flights. I highly recommend this program.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

28 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

In all my over three decades of flight simming, I have not had a better flying experience. My only issue at this point is trying to decide which aircraft to fly, because they both are great.... MSFS 2020 is the best.....😀

I concur, 1000%!  Despite its aeronautical fidelity shortcomings in MSFS it's far and away the most compelling sim, at least for me and it's hard to quantify why, until you simple LOOK at what's happening, from the very first launch of a new flight--it just looks so good, verging on delicious!  I'm flying 4 planes now in APL which covers a good range:  AS CRJ700, WT 787-X, PMDG 738 and FBW A320NX.  One nice enhancement if you're not aware is under the TOOLS option in APL you can now fly any route by any airlines offered w/o needing to buy flight tickets.  The other day I had a hankering to fly my old town KSBA to KLAS so just set that up with SWA thru that tools option.  I'm flying for Lufthansa now and I'll do an airline for a good month then look for a new job.  This structure has me becoming so much more familiar with geography and geology for that matter.  Prior to Lufthansa I was flying in SA w/ Avianca.  OMG, SA is such a geological wonder!  After Lufthansa I think I'll aim for one of the middle eastern airlines which I have yet to do.  When flying to a new city I'm not familiar with I will bring it up on Wiki and learn what I can about the city and its history.   Despite default ATC's issues it's actually better in many ways that what was in FSX/P3D.  I hope it gets some focus for 2024 and if not will look into a 3rd party option perhaps.  Right now I use the World Map and along w/ Simbrief for flight planning and it all works flawlessly.

• Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

On 9/20/2023 at 9:39 AM, Bobsk8 said:

I have been flying with A Pilots Life for a bit over 4 months. 

I also like APL but a problem for me is when generating a schedule, I seem to get the same airports many times on the schedule even though I select random. I currently fly for Delta which puts Atlanta five or six times on the schedule. I would like to fly to all different airports to keep things fresh. 

Do you have this problem or have a work around?

Maybe I should change airlines?

34 minutes ago, lancealotg said:

I also like APL but a problem for me is when generating a schedule, I seem to get the same airports many times on the schedule even though I select random. I currently fly for Delta which puts Atlanta five or six times on the schedule. I would like to fly to all different airports to keep things fresh. 

Yes.  This is because Delta is a traditional "hub and spoke" airline.  So all of their flights traverse one of their hubs(ATL, DTW, JFK, SLC, MSP).  I think Southwest would be a better fit for what you're looking for.  Possibly even Frontier and Spirit as well from the airbus side of things.

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

1 hour ago, lancealotg said:

You can select which hub you want to fly from.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 hours ago, klamal said:

Yes.  This is because Delta is a traditional "hub and spoke" airline.  So all of their flights traverse one of their hubs(ATL, DTW, JFK, SLC, MSP).  I think Southwest would be a better fit for what you're looking for.  Possibly even Frontier and Spirit as well from the airbus side of things.

Excellent suggestion, I think I will try Southwest.

Thanks

It’s good program but not without its flows. It wouldn't track spoilers correctly for Leonardo MD80th series . So I always got penalized for leaving spoilers up while they actually down .I submitted support tickets while ago but I do g think they get yo it.

Also subtracting points for using pause doesn’t make any sense . What if someone have important phone call? I wish there was option to turn it off 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I don't fly without it. It's really good but I wish it:

• Had cheaper company flights when you buy them, usually the tickets for Company flights are $96. I believe in real world you only have to pay tax when you're an employee.
  • The scheduler could be more robust. You should be able to define the home base and have an option for your flights originate always from there.
  • I'm sure I'm missing more...

Overall I enjoy it.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

My current style of flying is picking an airframe from flightradar24, and replicating it's schedule until her next flight is a place I don't really care to go to...then look at that airport in flightradar24 and check out departures to places I might be interested in...hop on to that plane and fly a few legs with that aircraft.

So in the screen below, I've been flying N257WN for a bit, just completing a KLAS to KSMF leg.  The leg is off the screen at the bottom, but she's going to Denver next, San Fran after that, then to Burbank.   Good airports for my current mood...so I'll stick with her for a bit. 🙂

For realism, I replicate the gates she occupies at each airport, even trying to take the same exit and match the taxi route...which is easy to do with flightradar24 as you can see below. I also get to put in the actual squawk code, hehe.

s4d2re.png

When you get lucky...you even have the same reg for the aircraft you're flying.  Here I am rocketing off of 26R at LAS on my way to Sacramento in N257WN. 🙂 

RFJXgH.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

The Sunday Event is really busy, lol.

screenshot-2023-10-22-2.jpg

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Where does one find information about these events?

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

2 minutes ago, somiller said:

Where does one find information about these events?

On the dashboard, I think bottom right somewhere there is an event button. They are announced about a week before start and you can sign up for an alert in your in-game inbox.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, qqwertz said:

On the dashboard, I think bottom right somewhere there is an event button. They are announced about a week before start and you can sign up for an alert in your in-game inbox.

It is on the right middle, next to the map. 

• Like 1

For all who use this app: be carefull to request lots of friends request under the comunity tab becouse are going to slow down your time flight recorded compared to in sim time flight. I had 800 friends and i was losing between 20-50 min a flight depending on the route lenght. To solve this I deleted almost all of my friendships and I was left with only 100. Now the elapsed time on both sides matches.This is just a tip so that you don't freak out when it comes to asking for many friend requests.

Edited by miguel370