Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

Captain Sim Is Back! 717

Well, this thread has convinced me.

I just bought it.

And here's another thought . . .  (whoops, almost said that out loud)

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

As a German citizen I am very sensitive to all activism against minorities, especially hateful fanatism acompanied by calls like „Don t buy from …“ or „The … are your misfortune“.

I was very upset that it was even a German youtuber had a fair share in distributing this dreadful and defaming designation „Captain Scam“. I cannot understand that such disgusting threads are not immediately deleted by the admins in this forum.

I purchased the Captain Sim 717 just for protest against these shameless haters and chasers who become more and more in number in our present times and I did not regret it. Thanks for the inspiration! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, PTI139 said:

I cannot understand that such disgusting threads are not immediately deleted by the admins in this forum.

The thread  bears interesting exchanges and, at the end of the day, shows that the product has its pros and cons. Deleting stuff you don't like is very trendy in our times but wrong.  But I heartily agree with you that the topic title is an utter disgrace.  Avsim usually knows better than to leave this kind of word not allowed up 😉 ! 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

The thread  bears interesting exchanges and, at the end of the day, shows that the product has its pros and cons. Deleting stuff you don't like is very trendy in our times but wrong.  But I heartily agree with you that the topic title is an utter disgrace.  Avsim usually knows better than to leave this kind of word not allowed up 😉 ! 

Agree.

Jase

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

6 hours ago, simbol said:

I want to intervene here and advocate for Ricardo.

Ricardo has been in touch with me for many months and FSReborn is always willing to help LatinVFR via different ways of collaboration regarding aircraft development, I can confirm everything Ricardo has said above, LatinVFR is working very hard to increase their offerings and hit a middle ground in the market as their business model wishes to stablish.

I am sure LatinVFR will reach their goals and we will see many cool things from them in the future.

Best,
Raul

I know this is off topic, but can't say enough about this guy. I very rarely see someone so passionate so dedicated so much loving his work like Raul. We can all be motivated about what we do, but Raul is way past that. This is his passion. This guy is the best of the best, and anything he touches he does magic. I known him for quite some time now, from the rough P3D era, he is always there to help out. Thanks Raul!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Here is another thought why not make more scenery (Airports) you know something you're more decent at and not paper airframes?

They already explained why months ago why they're not doing scenery anymore, the scene is very crowded.

Edited by Tuskin38

7 hours ago, PTI139 said:

As a German citizen I am very sensitive to all activism against minorities, especially hateful fanatism acompanied by calls like „Don t buy from …“ or „The … are your misfortune“.

I was very upset that it was even a German youtuber had a fair share in distributing this dreadful and defaming designation „Captain Scam“. I cannot understand that such disgusting threads are not immediately deleted by the admins in this forum.

I purchased the Captain Sim 717 just for protest against these shameless haters and chasers who become more and more in number in our present times and I did not regret it. Thanks for the inspiration! 

All I can do is laugh at this. Especially considering this is a flight sim forum. This thread will get locked, but it'll because of nonsense posts like this that take take things to the extreme and derail the entire thread. 

• Upvote 1

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

I have edited the title of this thread as it doesn't really relate to the content. It started out a little edgy but there is meaningful discussion that may benefit some people.

• Upvote 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

This is the flight sim community online in a nutshell. Haha. I still remember the behavior over a planes pilot seat textures on a different thread. It seems there are a few who bought the plane and actually like it.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

33 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

I have edited the title of this thread as it doesn't really relate to the content. It started out a little edgy but there is meaningful discussion that may benefit some people.

The change in thread title completely changes its meaning. Now it looks like the OP was excited about CS' new product.

In keeping with what was originally posted, 'Captain Sim returns with 717 - caveat emptor!' would be far more appropriate (and less libellous than the original).

Edited by F737MAX
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

The change in thread title completely changes its meaning. Now it looks like the OP was excited about CS' new product.

In keeping with what was originally posted, 'Captain Sim returns with 717 - caveat emptor!' would be far more appropriate (and less libellous than the original).

I agree with this completely. 

Gaming rig

Besides some being absolutely bitter about the direction this thread has taken for the positive, I don't see any issue with the thread title change.

Matches OP's initial post just fine!

WROFs1b.png

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

19 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

The new title  just reflects a fact : CS is back. It sounds neutral to me. And the thread gives enough infos to shed light on the product to trigger a purchase or a pass. 

And what the OP may look like is a non issue 😉

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I think a more neutral way of wording it would just simply be, "CaptainSim 717 discussion". I agree with what was said above by @F737MAX

Or, the OP could just request this thread be deleted since now we are censoring people. Title was fine for a week until a few people got their feelings hurt and just like everything else in society these days, we cater to the few.

Edited by Keirtt
  • Like 1

Gaming rig

2 hours ago, Keirtt said:

All I can do is laugh at this. Especially considering this is a flight sim forum. This thread will get locked, but it'll because of nonsense posts like this that take take things to the extreme and derail the entire thread. 

11 minutes ago, Keirtt said:

I think a more neutral way of wording it would just simply be, "CaptainSim 717 discussion". I agree with what was said above by @F737MAX

Or, the OP could just request this thread be deleted since now we are censoring people. Title was fine for a week until a few people got their feelings hurt and just like everything else in society these days, we cater to the few.

You seem to have a very bad habit of trying to dog whistle staff here on how to conduct their duties....

You obviously have ZERO desire to buy the CS 717, so why are you so cynical about what others do with their threads, posts or money?

We don't always get our way in life, and sometimes it's better to just let certain things go....🙃

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 2

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2