Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

Coming in X-Plane 12.0.8 and beyond – Roadmap Update

What I find funny is that, when X-Plane CUT the price for a sale a few months after release, people were going: "Ahhh, XP is not selling well, LR was forced to cut the price!".

Now X-Plane is INCREASING the price, and people (maybe even the same people) are going: "Ahhh, XP is not selling well, LR was forced to increase the price!".

How can one not laugh and react seriously at that? 😆

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

1 hour ago, Murmur said:

How can one not laugh and react seriously at that? 😆

Agreed, but to be fair this forum has not been a stranger to seeing Asobo getting some PE investment and MS announcing 2024 as rock-solid proofs that MSFS was failing. 

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

For me these news are more than a very good sign. Laminar seems healthy, is very committed to the future developpment of XP, increased its team-size quite a lot in the past few years and wants to hire even more people. This is the perfect conter-example of a strategy for a company that would be in a bad-position. And if it was, just imagine (by applying the same logic) how bad Asobo’s sales must be for them to announce a new version that they will resell for FULL PRICE to their lemmings (again)? Lol!

• Upvote 1

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

22 minutes ago, Franz007 said:

And if it was, just imagine (by applying the same logic) how bad Asobo’s sales must be for them to announce a new version that they will resell for FULL PRICE to their lemmings (again)? Lol!

QED

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

4 hours ago, scotchegg said:

QED

I believe it's pronounced P3D.

• Like 2

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

This argument is really easy to settle.

If Microsoft can maintain themselves with a team of several hundred people producing a product (or two now...) almost as good as X-Plane.

Laminar can definitely maintain themselves with a team of several dozen people producing X-Plane.

And anyway, X-Plane 12 is competing with MSFS2024 now, since XP is higher quality they should be more expensive than MSFS2024, So I wouldn't be surprised if the price rises again once MSFS2024 drops.

Just looking at the market seeing the alternatives and saying "10 million pilots are paying €119 for this" is enough to see they were under charging before.

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 1

AutoATC Developer

Isn't that how capitalism actually works? We see it e.g. every year when booking a vacation: high demand, high prices. If the vendor can push through high prices, he knows he has a highly desired, precious and successful product.

Also applicable for flight sims 😉.

• Like 1

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.

2 hours ago, mSparks said:

This argument is really easy to settle.

If Microsoft can maintain themselves with a team of several hundred people producing a product (or two now...) almost as good as X-Plane.

Laminar can definitely maintain themselves with a team of several dozen people producing X-Plane.

And anyway, X-Plane 12 is competing with MSFS2024 now, since XP is higher quality they should be more expensive than MSFS2024, So I wouldn't be surprised if the price rises again once MSFS2024 drops.

Just looking at the market seeing the alternatives and saying "10 million pilots are paying €119 for this" is enough to see they were under charging before.

I love reading your delusional posts hahahahaha 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Delusional? Naw. Facts are facts. Delusional would be to suggest that XP will slay the 'goliaths' in the future and send both microsoft and Lockheed Martin into chapter 11.

• Like 1

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

37 minutes ago, blingthinger said:

Delusional? Naw. Facts are facts. Delusional would be to suggest that XP will slay the 'goliaths' in the future and send both microsoft and Lockheed Martin into chapter 11.

Yours too! 😆

2 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

What's delusional?

The cheapest MSFS is now $59,99  and doesn't even have seasons.

$79.99 for a vastly superior flight sim, with seasons, and a hanger containing 20 aircraft of better quality than most payware offerings for others sims

one aircraft for DCS will generally set you back that or more, e.g.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/hornet/

I mean sure, "10 million pilots paying €119 each" was very tongue in cheek, but only because reminding those who trolled us all of the truth there is very funny.

But quality costs money. hardly delusional.

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 1

AutoATC Developer

Its so good to wake up in the morning and have a laugh. Keep it up makes my day. 😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, blingthinger said:

Naw. Facts are facts

LOL

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

6 hours ago, mSparks said:

Pssst. You will wake-up all lemmings that are convinced by: better visuals = better sim. They don’t care about details like aviation-stuff.

• Upvote 1

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

11 minutes ago, Franz007 said:

Pssst. You will wake-up all lemmings that are convinced by: better visuals = better sim. They don’t care about details like aviation-stuff.

I'd love to see their faces now most of the things I told them were never coming to MSFS2020 have now been officially bounced to "maybe" MSFS2024.

Turns out developing a decent flight sim is hard, time consuming and expensive. Totally unforeseeable.

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer