Sign in to follow this  
Andrew2448

PMDG Status Update 07OCT2023

6 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Nah it's more in-between. Asking questions, doesn't get you banned, correct. But criticising does.
If in politics or in an airline or in a company, criticism is what leads to progress, and forbidding criticism leads to doom.

Not from what I've read and seen on their forums. I've seen users become outright hostile and that's not ok. Asking questions is different. It's a way to getting better answers as to why something isn't working, right? Criticism really depends on the mannner in which it's portrayed.
There is a difference between suggestions and pointing out flaws and....simply criticizing.

This threshold editor clearly had a bone to pick. Who reads threshold anyway? Some of their leadership is toxic and they themselves are absolutely TERRIBLE with feedback. 

Some in the flight sim community have become so petty over tiny matters.

Again, Threshold is hardly news. That article in question is not even on their main page anyway.

Edited by Sonosusto
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

17 minutes ago, Sonosusto said:

Not from what I've read and seen on their forums. I've seen users become outright hostile and that's not ok. Asking questions is different. It's a way to getting better answers as to why something isn't working, right? Criticism really depends on the mannner in which it's portrayed.
There is a difference between suggestions and pointing out flaws and....simply criticizing.

This threshold editor clearly had a bone to pick. Who reads threshold anyway? Some of their leadership is toxic and they themselves are absolutely TERRIBLE with feedback. 

Some in the flight sim community have become so petty over tiny matters.

Again, Threshold is hardly news. That article in question is not even on their main page anyway.

But it’s okay when someone asks a question but gets a hostile response I saw what the guy asked about icing but a comment you can’t see because it’s deleted came across hostile and uncalled for. I remember the last part of the comment though and it was on the lines of I won’t bother helping till you sign your name. The guy even apologised and said he was new to the forum. 

It’s okay for us to be banned, served an infraction but someone who works with PMDG “tech team advisor” or someone else does not get the same treatment. Let’s not forget questioning someone who has a type rating on that very aircraft. 

Respect works both ways

Edited by carlanthony24

30 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

But it’s okay when someone asks a question but gets a hostile response I saw what the guy asked about icing but a comment you can’t see because it’s deleted came across hostile and uncalled for. I remember the last part of the comment though and it was on the lines of I won’t bother helping till you sign your name. The guy even apologised and said he was new to the forum. 

It’s okay for us to be banned, served an infraction but someone who works with PMDG “tech team advisor” or someone else does not get the same treatment. Let’s not forget questioning someone who has a type rating on that very aircraft. 

Respect works both ways

Oh, no. I see that behavior from "Emi" and that is not ok. Pretty rude, that.

• Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

31 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Respect works both ways

Very true. I never really witnessed such behavior from that forum before until very recently and from one person, "Emi."  That behavior is not ok.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sonosusto said:

Very true. I never really witnessed such behavior from that forum before until very recently and from one person, "Emi."  That behavior is not ok.

Yeah, he is kind of a "legend in his own mind"... 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I reported that user for their behavior. I flagged it and wrote  "that behavior is uncalled for here." That is what I wrote so if I get banned, we're all a witness haha. Even though that OP should have searched a bit more before posting anything. 

I have always been more than happy with the way I've been treated in the past by PMDG staff. When their support forum was hosted here, I found everyone to be open and helpful. Things changed for me a few years ago with the release of the 200ER expansion for the 777. As usual, many free liveries were released with it and made available in the operations centre. Including almost the entire fleet of 777's for a few airlines. Namely, BA, AA, and United i believe. This was a seen a great gesture and everyone was happy. A few days later, they were pretty much all removed and we were told they would be available when GFO is released. Anyone who complained or asked what happened were temporarily banned from their forum including myself. 2 years later and not a single word about GFO or any of the free content that was removed.

• Upvote 1

GFO will never come out.

Expecting a small dev house like PMDG to run a persistent, MMO-like world for airliners is a bit too much. It never made sense either, as these kinds of worlds thrive when they have a LOT of players, but PMDG is a niche within a niche within a niche.. how many people are likely to buy MSFS, then buy PMDG, and then pay for GFO on top of that, just for PMDG planes?

Doesn't make sense, in my opinion, and given that there's been absolute radio silence on GFO for many years now, I think it's safe to say that GFO is the Duke Nukem Forvever for PMDG (yes, I know DNF eventually released, but it was utterly irrelevant by that time. Likely the same from GFO).

I'm not upset about it either - I'd rather have PMDG focus on building the planes, and not get into areas where they would clearly be stretched way too thin. 

1 minute ago, JonathanC said:

GFO will never come out.

Expecting a small dev house like PMDG to run a persistent, MMO-like world for airliners is a bit too much. It never made sense either, as these kinds of worlds thrive when they have a LOT of players, but PMDG is a niche within a niche within a niche.. how many people are likely to buy MSFS, then buy PMDG, and then pay for GFO on top of that, just for PMDG planes?

Doesn't make sense, in my opinion, and given that there's been absolute radio silence on GFO for many years now, I think it's safe to say that GFO is the Duke Nukem Forvever for PMDG (yes, I know DNF eventually released, but it was utterly irrelevant by that time. Likely the same from GFO).

I'm not upset about it either - I'd rather have PMDG focus on building the planes, and not get into areas where they would clearly be stretched way too thin. 

What the heck is GFO?

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

15 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

What the heck is GFO?

Global Flight Operation - a pompöse project announced by RSR and gang back in P3D days. Never materialized for the public as of yet (amongst other promises, surprise, surprise). 

Here is the link PMDG Global Flight Operations

• Like 3

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Well you can expect that kind behavior from the PMDG team now (banning customers from their forums) with the inclusion of adding Mathijs on board  to the PMDG team  and with the sensitive and insecurities from the developers not wanting to answer what the people (paying customers) really want to know whats going on. I stopped caring and don't even bother going there anymore and I don't care what anyone thinks about this post.

Wake me up when they announce a release date for the 777.

• Like 1

yup. Those nasty comments by another user were removed.

On 10/21/2023 at 12:59 PM, Bobsk8 said:

Yeah, he is kind of a "legend in his own mind"... 

He’s always been extremely helpful and nice to me. Perhaps the behavior seem on this thread is the issue? Just a thought. 

1 minute ago, mryan75 said:

Perhaps the behavior seem on this thread is the issue?

Elsewhere there are other examples of his 'I'm right, you're wrong' attitude. The kind of SkyGod attitude that CRM was specifically brought in to improve working relationships and overall safety.

Anyway, back on topic, it appears that PMDG has released a documentary introduction to their EFB.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/638892-introduction-to-the-pmdg-uft-now-available/

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter