Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

What I have noticed since SU13

I fly all over the world with A Pilots Life. Every once in awhile, on approach t, regardless of it's  size, I would get momentary freezes of the video which reminded me of the FSX, P3D days. Often it would make it extremely difficult on short final to control the landing. because at 100-2000 feet AGL the video would freeze for a second or two. Since SU13, with many flights, I have not had this happen once. Wondering if anyone else has noticed  this. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

What I've noticed:

1. I had to go from 8x8 texture resolution down to 4x4.  The sim still looks amazing but performance with 8x8 on my system caused stuttering especially with third party scenery.

2.  The Longitude at times can't hold it's speed in cruise above 40,000ft.  The AT can drop all the way to almost stall speed if left unchecked.  This is a sporadic problem and doesn't happen on every flight.

3. The sim seems a bit more vibrant than before visually.   

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

16 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I fly all over the world with A Pilots Life. Every once in awhile, on approach t, regardless of it's  size, I would get momentary freezes of the video which reminded me of the FSX, P3D days. Often it would make it extremely difficult on short final to control the landing. because at 100-2000 feet AGL the video would freeze for a second or two. Since SU13, with many flights, I have not had this happen once. Wondering if anyone else has noticed  this. 

This happens frequently (every 3th flight I guess) to me as well. I,m on a 7900X3D and RTX 3090 and Airport size does not matter indeed. Last time I had this was today at LPMA directly above the prior Island LPPS. Since SU13 this happens and before not an issue.

I do also asked myself, if this has somthing todo with GSX Pro loading "verhicles". But thats only a guess and nothing I can or want to proof. 

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

3 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

This happens frequently (every 3th flight I guess) to me as well. I,m on a 7900X3D and RTX 3090 and Airport size does not matter indeed. Last time I had this was today at LPMA directly above the prior Island LPPS. Since SU13 this happens and before not an issue.

I do also asked myself, if this has somthing todo with GSX Pro loading "verhicles". But thats only a guess and nothing I can or want to proof. 

I have never used GSX in MSFS, P3D experiences with it, were enough. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

23 minutes ago, Dillon said:

What I've noticed:

1. I had to go from 8x8 texture resolution down to 4x4.  The sim still looks amazing but performance with 8x8 on my system caused stuttering especially with third party scenery.

2.  The Longitude at times can't hold it's speed in cruise above 40,000ft.  The AT can drop all the way to almost stall speed if left unchecked.  This is a sporadic problem and doesn't happen on every flight.

3. The sim seems a bit more vibrant than before visually.   

What I was getting prior to SU13 wasn't a stutter, the video would freeze for a second, sometimes two, just as if you hit a pause button. 

I've noticed in SU12 that some airports kept loading and reloading generated ground vehicles. You'd look at a parking lot and the cars would be blinking in and out constantly.  Those airports were the ones where I always got the freezing as I approached. 

I haven't flown into any of those airports in SU13 yet, but I'll have to try that later. If the freezes go away, I bet the cars behave too.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

What I was getting prior to SU13 wasn't a stutter, the video would freeze for a second, sometimes two, just as if you hit a pause button. 

Yes. Sounds goes on like nothing is wrong and image (video) is paused between 1 and 2 seconds. I've even had 4 seconds roughly already. 

Always on lower altitudes at the vicinity of an airport. I think within ta least 30nm, most likely closer. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I've noticed the tile loading is getting worse and worse, areas that were never affected are now and it's ruining the immersion greatly.

• Like 5

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 hours ago, eslader said:

I've noticed in SU12 that some airports kept loading and reloading generated ground vehicles. You'd look at a parking lot and the cars would be blinking in and out constantly.  Those airports were the ones where I always got the freezing as I approached. 

I haven't flown into any of those airports in SU13 yet, but I'll have to try that later. If the freezes go away, I bet the cars behave too.

I'm still getting the blinking cars with some scenery.  I can't recall any freeze on final though I have had that happen before.  I don't use GSX either.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

2 hours ago, mpo910 said:

Yes. Sounds goes on like nothing is wrong and image (video) is paused between 1 and 2 seconds. I've even had 4 seconds roughly already. 

Always on lower altitudes at the vicinity of an airport. I think within ta least 30nm, most likely closer. 

I get this as well, especially with complex addon airports.  There is an additional problem when flying the Comanche, in that the flight model also gets interrupted..  Suspect it is momentary CPU overload. 😉

Bert

same thing happens here, but in my case it was there already prior to SU13, couldn't solve it .

it is annoying.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

5 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

once in awhile, on approach t, regardless of it's  size, I would get momentary freezes of the video

Same issue, In addition sometimes it also happens while I approach a large city or where there are several Addons in the same area, just as the OP did not happen before SU13. No GSX user.

Edited by polosim

1 hour ago, polosim said:

Same issue, In addition sometimes it also happens while I approach a large city or where there are several Addons in the same area, just as the OP did not happen before SU13. No GSX user.

The OP didn't say that, he said it happened before SU13 but doesn't happen with SU13.

• Like 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

13 minutes ago, Alvega said:

OP didn't say that,

Jaja, you’re right. Then opposite effect since SU13.

Thanks for heads up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Ive got a bit of an older rig (i9 9900k 3090) and would see this regularly when approaching London sometimes up to 5 seconds, so it will be great if SU13 has improved it