Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

The MD-82 in MSFS and the future

Well it could be a mindset towards sales but it is actually not .

What can we expect here ? Its still my first choice in MSFS/P3D but it do take a hit on performance.

Still on a i7-4770K at 4K High settings at 25HZ/FPS Vsync. 

Its still the best airliner in my opinion and deserves alot more credit here.

What do you think ?

Michael Moe 

• Like 2

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I think it's the best also.  It will get even better as the EFB will add live navigraph charts real soon.  Not to mention there is the company (Think Immersive audio?) that is working on an updated sound package for it.  Same company also just did p3d sounds for it.  

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I am really surpriced the amount of little respons to this aircraft. 

Michael Moe 

• Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

I think it's the best also.  It will get even better as the EFB will add live navigraph charts real soon.  Not to mention there is the company (Think Immersive audio?) that is working on an updated sound package for it.  Same company also just did p3d sounds for it.  

For real? That would be amazing. Their soundpacks made all the difference in P3D.

• Like 1

Don't own it but I've always wondered why I don't 🤕  

Chris Howard

It's a great plane, Leonardo has patched it pretty consistently.

As far as it being the best, I would say its def in my top 5.

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I use to fly the Maddog all the time in P3D. I haven't touched it very much in MSFS2020 due to the sounds. What is everyone using for a sound pack if any? Have the sounds improved any?

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I have it and like it but it’s the only plane I have that severely stutters at LAX or even KSNA...PMDG, JF 146, and the others don’t so at least with my installation it is eating frames to the point I can’t use it.

1 minute ago, Wise87 said:

I use to fly the Maddog all the time in P3D. I haven't touched it very much in MSFS2020 due to the sounds. What is everyone using for a sound pack if any. Have the sounds improved any?

I'm using the FTSim one now.  It's passable.  Much better than the default.  Though the immersive audio one should be even better.  

I think a lot of simmers out there only want to fly modern airplanes, and ones that are currently in service.  Of course I'm not one of them.  I think the other thing is that many 737/A320 drivers are intimidated by the plane because it's more challenging to fly.  That's my theory anyway.  

• Like 6

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I think LSH suffers from the consequence of having too complete a product. Users know there's nothing big around the corner, and so the hype is always on other products.

I would love if LSH went back and updated all of the interior and exterior textures to match the same quality of the Fenix, and re-did the sound package to take full advantage of the MSFS sound engine. That might bring some of the spot-light back from PMDG, iniBuilds and Fenix, but nothing really grabs attention like a shiny new product or sweeping systems revamps.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Yes its much challenging to fly than the PMDG 737, what holds me back is the sound

What program are people using for the sound???

• Like 2

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

One of the best fs aircraft out there and not only its different then airbus or boeing and some  cool little quirks definitely doesn't get enough recognition I just hope they continue to update/ upgrade it further with the model again and sounds.

• Like 1

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I love it, its definitely underrated IMO. I'd love to seem them do the 717 or MD95. 

• Like 3

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 hour ago, Sunshine13 said:

Yes its much challenging to fly than the PMDG 737, what holds me back is the sound

What program are people using for the sound???

Lookup ftsim. It’s a subscription. But you can buy it and immediately cancel.