Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

The MD-82 in MSFS and the future

I would have purchased it if it was between 50-75 bucks ..and looked past the texture issues but at the price they want plus having to get third party sound set.. yeah ..no thank you.

Wish them all the best though.

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D/ Asus ROG Strix B650E F Gaming WiFi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200 Pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li LanCool II Mesh Performance / Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard Amp.

Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke + T.16000M Joystick + TFRP Rudders

22 hours ago, desbean said:

It’s beautiful to look at, I’ve watched lots of videos of it, and I like vintage airliners, but all of that complexity with no copilot, in a plane that was flown by three in reality, is more than I want to learn to do or to actually do. Bring in a copilot like the PMDG DC6 and I’ll buy it. I’ll even pay double!🙂

FS2Crew is available for it

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

I really loved the MD-80 in FS9.  It was probably the best plane in terms of flight dynamics.  But the FSX/P3D version was almost unbearable to land.  I have been given the impression it handles similarly in 2020 d/t a comment a real world pilot made about it flying like a brick.  If the flight dynamics were more fluid and enjoyable I would buy it. 

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

New update is out including Navigraph integration option.

Description:
Version 1.2b176.

FIXED
- fixed issue with track magenta line in PLAN mode not displaying correctly in certain situations
- fixed issue with CR thrust sometimes higher then MCT thrust
- fixed issue with bearing/distance fixes in certain dep/arr procedures
- fixed issue in CMA900 FMS when exiting the PARALLAX page
- fixed issue in CMA900 FMS of text -- ROUTE DISCONINUITY -- overlapping other waypoint data text
- fixed issue in CMA900 FMS with 'Larc' or 'Rarc' text always written at position LSK1 regardless of the actual position of the dme arc final fix in the legs list
- fixed issue in CMA900 FMS with holding entry
- fixed issue of FMS turning in wrong direction for certain procedures
- fixed issue with FMS creating discontinuity when loading certain SIDs
- fixed issue with STBY ASI strip indicator
- fixed issue with chrono showing wrong GMT in certain flights
- fixed issue with Load Manager not able to change panel state if turnaround mode active
- fixed issue with turnaround mode and GPU
- fixed speed issues while in holding
- fixed missing 'exec' in holding exit logic and route changes in ND
- fixed swapped mouse control for HFDS FPA knob in VFR mode
- fixed a few typos in OM documentation
OTHER
- pressing the '+/-' FMS key will now correctly enter the '-' as first character in scratchpad
- added CPDLC AIR to AIR messaging (ATS FLT ID field must be already filled in from any CPDLC/ACARS page where the entry is shown)
- added Navigraph Charts app to EFB and updated documentation

For questions and support please contact:

SITE: http://www.flythemaddogx.com
FORUM: https://www.flythemaddog.com/forum/

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I'd like to see them add some kind of aircraft overlay on these maps like we see in other planes so you can track the flight along the chart. 

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

On 10/19/2023 at 2:43 AM, Orlaam said:

I really loved the MD-80 in FS9.  It was probably the best plane in terms of flight dynamics.  But the FSX/P3D version was almost unbearable to land.  I have been given the impression it handles similarly in 2020 d/t a comment a real world pilot made about it flying like a brick.  If the flight dynamics were more fluid and enjoyable I would buy it. 

V1 made this comment on his Youtube channel but he is a RW A320 Pilot. I have seen many videos of the MD-82 landing from cockpit view and they don't float. Leonardo probably has one of the best flight models in MSFS (A2A first) and in P3D/FSX and are not twitchy like most other planes in MSFS. MD-82 flies like it should for the most part.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

On 10/17/2023 at 1:44 PM, Michael Moe said:

Well it could be a mindset towards sales but it is actually not .

What can we expect here ? Its still my first choice in MSFS/P3D but it do take a hit on performance.

Still on a i7-4770K at 4K High settings at 25HZ/FPS Vsync. 

Its still the best airliner in my opinion and deserves alot more credit here.

What do you think ?

Michael Moe 

Having difficulty getting it to follow NAV.

Any particular actions needed to get it to lock on to the magenta line?

Flies very smoothly.

T45

19 hours ago, micstatic said:

I'd like to see them add some kind of aircraft overlay on these maps like we see in other planes so you can track the flight along the chart. 

Those georeferenced charts but Leonardo doesn't have it at least for now. Also there looks like a minor bug. Every time I restart MD I need to login to Navigraph again 

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Anyone know where the click spot is to hide the EFB? Also, can the EFB "Weight & Balance" and "Performance" Calculations be changed to "LBS.",  it appears to be defaulted to "Kgs" only.

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I Gigabyte Z790 UD AX| MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

17 minutes ago, TomCYYZ said:

Anyone know where the click spot is to hide the EFB? Also, can the EFB "Weight & Balance" and "Performance" Calculations be changed to "LBS.",  it appears to be defaulted to "Kgs" only.

Yes and Yes. Tablet can be hidden/unhidden by clicking on button below it (left of "briefcase LT"). Units can be change in external app per airframe tail number. In other words you have to change for each livery you intend to fly

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

38 minutes ago, TomCYYZ said:

As sd_flyer said, click this button. I believe it is right-click by default but for my setup I have to use a middle-mouse button click. spacer.png

Eddie
KABQ

21 minutes ago, haskell said:

As sd_flyer said, click this button. I believe it is right-click by default but for my setup I have to use a middle-mouse button click. spacer.png

Thanks haskell, sd_flyer as well, Actually I did try the button shown in the screen shot, both L & R click, and it did not work, not in the sim right now but I will try middle-mouse click next time in. I believe I do have "lbs/inHg" checked for that particular aircraft, but I am getting both the FMS and EFB units still "kgs"...strange. I have simbrief set for "lbs" as well.

Edited by TomCYYZ

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I Gigabyte Z790 UD AX| MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

37 minutes ago, TomCYYZ said:

Thanks haskell, sd_flyer as well, Actually I did try the button shown in the screen shot, both L & R click, and it did not work, not in the sim right now but I will try middle-mouse click next time in. I believe I do have "lbs/inHg" checked for that particular aircraft, but I am getting both the FMS and EFB units still "kgs"...strange. I have simbrief set for "lbs" as well.

Maybe its the load manager planner itself, cant remember but the planning tool can also be set to lbs/kg. It might effect the EFB as well. Try it

Michael Moe

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png