Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Horizon 787-9 v1.0 released

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

But I'm reading there are issues with taking off. If you have 49% load or higher, the plane just refuses to pull up until a certain speed and then it just goes full tilt with your stick/yoke.

Please read the relevant topic on AVSIM, there is no such problem, only an inadequate input of weights and fuel. We are a bit hasty in blaming without checking and slow to be laudative sometimes...

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

2 hours ago, RJC68 said:

Is there a Simbrief profile > I couldn't see one so just added the standard 787-9 Airframe for now

SimBrief Profiles

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

Just did a flight between LEMD and LIRF. Other than the take off issues mentioned here and other places, it flew fine, fuel usage matched Simbrief. Going to do CYVR to CYYZ now.

I'll do a 10+ hour flight over the weekend.

the RR engines don't have enough idle thrust to taxi properly, the GE engines are fine.

Edited by Tuskin38

First time using this installer, how do I use it or open it for the 787-9?? I downloaded the installer and I click on it but doesnt open any help please........the file says unconfirmed........

How does Horizon's 787 compared to QualityWings 787?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

6 minutes ago, captain420 said:

How does Horizon's 787 compared to QualityWings 787?

YMMV but I find it quite satisfactory after 3+ years flying the QW 787 in P3d. And since the QW is not a player MSFS, it’s good to have this!

-B

• Like 2

I've had a blast with her today,

Completed 2 separate trips around 2.5 hours each. First was a little dicey taking off & landing then I reset the curves on my Honeycomb Yoke that I had in place for the HD 787 and the 2nd flight from Cardiff to Belgrade was way better. Did the 2nd flight in the RR variant (Just love seeing those RR emblems on any engine 🙂) and the landing weight & Fuel was bang on with the Simbrief plan.

Wifey is working 12 Hours tomorrow so I'll be heading to Toronto from Heathrow for some transatlantic fun.

This is turning out quite the weekend, I am so close to pulling the trigger on the HPG H160, I don't normally fly helicopters in the sim because I am totally rubbish at them lol With all the technology this has I might just be persuaded ! Then of course there is the infamous EFB we are all waiting for ...

All in all Happy Days 🙂

• Like 3

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

It says "use settings page to log in to SimBrief", but on the settings page, there's no option to log in to SimBrief...?! Any ideas?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Click on the "Next Page" button.

- Doug -

• Like 2

- Doug -

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming 12GB, Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX motherboard, Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 3200

58 minutes ago, ldugmore said:

Click on the "Next Page" button.

- Doug -

Ah, brilliant! Thanks

• Like 2

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

8 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Did they fix the snappy, jerky rotation?

No.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

6 minutes ago, BIGSKY said:

No.

I'll wait until they do then