Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

FSReborn Piper M500 releasing on Thursday

I'd give you an extra 32.99 if you let me have it today!

Peter Osborn

2 hours ago, JYW said:

Can't wait for this one.   What a stable mate for the TBM850!

Excited for this one too, but I am still really enjoying the TBM. I will keep it based on the east coast at Westchester Regional and the M500 on the west coast at Santa Barbara or maybe Orange County and then move between the two likely all winter. 

Hope the repaints with proper decals will be up quickly....

Dan Scott

2 hours ago, JYW said:

Can't wait for this one.   What a stable mate for the TBM850!

Excited for this one too, but I am still really enjoying the TBM. I will keep it based on the east coast at Westchester Regional and the M500 on the west coast at Santa Barbara or maybe Orange County and then move between the two likely all winter. 

Dan Scott

On a side note, anyone knows if FsEconomy database has this particular airplane or is it the first time it has been developed for flight simming?

Iñigo Bildarratz

31 minutes ago, Cognita said:

I hope to do at least 1 red paint lol.

• Like 5

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

27 minutes ago, Aristoteles said:

On a side note, anyone knows if FsEconomy database has this particular airplane or is it the first time it has been developed for flight simming?

It is there as Piper PA-46 Meridian, its OG Name prior to the M series rebrand. I have owned one in FSE for a many years. Used to fly the Carenado one in p3d with it.

• Like 1

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

Not sure i understand all this about Licensing... A2A was able to include the name and decal of "Piper" 

What is the difference?

Peter Osborn

10 minutes ago, CapnOz said:

Not sure i understand all this about Licensing... A2A was able to include the name and decal of "Piper" 

What is the difference?

I am not sure.  Possibly moneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymomoneymoney.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

"Piper" was too violent a name...

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

3 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Excellent. The only thing better than a new aircraft model is a new aircraft model with a (red) ryanbatc livery. Now I'm even more eager to get my hands on this baby.

3 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Red stripe or bust!

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

36 minutes ago, Malaromane said:

Excellent. The only thing better than a new aircraft model is a new aircraft model with a (red) ryanbatc livery. Now I'm even more eager to get my hands on this baby.

Yeah I've got a few in mind but I hope the plane is 3d paintable

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 hours ago, CapnOz said:

What is the difference?

I'd guess it comes down to money.   Corporations rarely licence their brands without an associated cost.  If the licence cost needed to be recovered in the product cost, we could have been looking at $39.99 instead of $32.99.  (These are made up numbers but you get the idea). 

As others have said, I'm sure there will be Piper and M500 branding mods available very shortly after release, to replace the FSR logos.

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Well, I am ready for this aircraft release regardless of logos. Been looking forward to this one for awhile 🙂 

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

4 hours ago, JYW said:

licence cost needed to be recovered in the product cost, we could have been looking at $39.99 instead of $32.99. 

Or simply it might not have been available at all, some IP owners very aggressively demand such a high fee that it makes products commercially unsustainable.  For example, years back I looked at producing a scenery for Jersey, one of the Channel Islands, but the government there wanted more to licence the necessary data than would ever have been recoverable from selling the product, let alone producing it as donation-ware.  So it didn't happen.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png