Sign in to follow this  
grandfred29

Fenix block 2 delayed [31 October 2023]

Makes AvSim appear positively civilized…

• Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I had a hard time following the bouncing ball on that one…what have they ultimately decided to do?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

19 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I had a hard time following the bouncing ball on that one…what have they ultimately decided to do?

Delay after delay with very vague prospects. As usual.

"Some risk factors present, but managable for ultimately a better result with a net delay of circa 1mo."

So there is one month delay from unidentified release date!  This is the pinnacle of verbal balancing act 👍

Edited by Vitold69

I wish they would have gone for a release of an A319 and an A321 based on their current A320 first and then messed around with their "Block2".

This seems to be a typical example of "perfect is the enemy of the good". Their current A320 might not be perfect, but it is great as it is and it would have been great to have an A319 and an A321 on that level.

I remember Amit mentioning there would be videos and in depth posts about the new features of the v2 bus. Did those ever materialize? Curious if people are word not allowed because those never came. 

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

5 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I remember Amit mentioning there would be videos and in depth posts about the new features of the v2 bus. Did those ever materialize? Curious if people are word not allowed because those never came. 

A video is currently rendering at the moment reading their Discord server. So I think there will be a new video soon. 

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

21 minutes ago, Vitold69 said:

"Some risk factors present, but managable for ultimately a better result with a net delay of circa 1mo."

So there is one month delay from unidentified release date!  This is the pinnacle of verbal balancing act 👍

I think this is a retrospective, not reflective of the situation today.

At least that's how I read it... I hope that's the case lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mspencer said:

I think this is a retrospective, not reflective of the situation today.

At least that's how I read it... I hope that's the case lol

Yup that's exactly what it was... looks like Aamir was getting asked why why why, and so he laid out what happened and in the process gave us some great insights. I thought it was very frank and honest. Of course that won't stop the usual suspects from trying to twist this into something else.

• Like 6

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

10 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Yup that's exactly what it was... looks like Aamir was getting asked why why why, and so he laid out what happened and in the process gave us some great insights. I thought it was very frank and honest. Of course that won't stop the usual suspects from trying to twist this into something else.

Yeah because the one guy was saying communication was not a thing when it has been. The same guy can't get dates rights, obviously did not read correctly what Aamir put to him the first time. Apparently Aamir did not say what caused the issue in the first place when he did. List goes on.

• Like 1

AamirToday at 6:57 PM

Just a note, all - as I expect this evening things are going to get a little busy in here with the video and all, I will be a bit more liberal with timeouts and such to keep things in relative order.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vitold69 said:

He says in this very thorough 10 paragraph explanation that he had no idea how long the delay would be. He mentions this 3 times.

This is retrospective. He's explaining where his mind was back in October with the information he had.

It's a timeline. His understanding of the problem evolved as his team worked to fix it. At one point release seemed to be 1 month away. At another point the release date was undefined. Your lack of reading comprehension isn't the fault of Aamirs, but it does explain your continued frustration.

• Like 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Just now, WestAir said:

He says in this very thorough 10 paragraph explanation that he had no idea how long the delay would be. He mentions this 3 times.

This is retrospective. He's explaining where his mind was back in October with the information he had.

It's a timeline. His understanding of the problem evolved as his team worked to fix it. At one point release seemed to be 1 month away. At another point the release date was undefined. Your lack of reading comprehension isn't the fault of Aamirs, but it does explain your continued frustration.

No point reasoning with him. He was the same a few pages back or even on another thread.

• Like 3

I cant speak "discord"

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

24 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

AamirToday at 6:57 PM

Just a note, all - as I expect this evening things are going to get a little busy in here with the video and all, I will be a bit more liberal with timeouts and such to keep things in relative order.

Interesting!, so a deep-dive video on the new enhancements is dropping today? He mentions "this evening" and I presume that "Today at 6:57pm" timestamp is today UK time?

• Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD