Sign in to follow this  
mmcmah

Much more frequent CTDs after SU13

I also started experiencing CTDs on about 3 of every four flights.  I fly almost exclusively GA below 10,000' into smaller airports using primarily ILS approaches.  The CTD always (I do mean always) occurs within five NM of the outer marker.  Many of the flights are 90-minutes or more with no problems.  Some are just takeoffs, climb to 5,000 AGL, and return.  It happens with default airports and user custom airports and in at least 10 different GA planes.   I've reduced the community entries to just the origin and destination airports and only the plane I am flying.

Afterburner and RTSS show no strain on any hardware resource and all my temperatures are well below hot.

The frequency of CTD while trying to land (and end the flight) is discouraging!

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

21 minutes ago, TacomaSailor said:

I also started experiencing CTDs on about 3 of every four flights.  I fly almost exclusively GA below 10,000' into smaller airports using primarily ILS approaches.  The CTD always (I do mean always) occurs within five NM of the outer marker.  Many of the flights are 90-minutes or more with no problems.  Some are just takeoffs, climb to 5,000 AGL, and return.  It happens with default airports and user custom airports and in at least 10 different GA planes.   I've reduced the community entries to just the origin and destination airports and only the plane I am flying.

Afterburner and RTSS show no strain on any hardware resource and all my temperatures are well below hot.

Give the Bing Data World Graphics option to OFF a try, if you don't have it off already. Alternately, try forcing your NIC to 100Mbit instead of anything faster.

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

No add on Linker, PMDG 737, Fenix. C310, Kodiak,A2A Cherokee..... CTdS in 2 years   Two.....

Good for you !

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

No add on Linker, PMDG 737, Fenix. C310, Kodiak,A2A Cherokee..... CTdS in 2 years   Two.....

I hope you are not implying that Addon Linker might be a cause of CTDs! Surely not.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, cobalt said:

I hope you are not implying that Addon Linker might be a cause of CTDs! Surely not.

I use Addons Linker and Bing Data ON and my NIC speed is 1000 Mbps and also don't have any CTD's. Addons Linker is not causing the CTD's.

I have Photogrammetry disabled though and use 1080p resolution, not 4K.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

6 hours ago, TacomaSailor said:

What is the crash error you're seeing in the Event Logger?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I'm lucky enough not to suffer from any CTDs in flight.

However, the CTDs on the main menu while zooming on the map, or during the initial flight loading, are a pure nightmare. Twice in a row, yesterday.

Unfortunately, CTDs during a flight are overwhelmingly related to addons in some way, shape or form. Some freeware developers but erroneous files in their scenery packages that would conflict with others. Even then, there is still fault for Asobo/MS as to how sensitive the sim is. Even unplugging a USB device can crash the sim.

Frustrating.

But, using addon linker or similar can really help narrow things down. Remove Every.Single.Thing in your community folder and anything downloaded from marketplace through the sim. Use a default plane and try the same flight.

• Upvote 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

9 hours ago, cobalt said:

Yeah, it would not cause a CTD.

Edited by Sonosusto

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Oddly, after not having any CTD's in a very long time, last night - and after noticing this thread - I went to start a flight in the Seattle area, which I haven't flown in for many months, and while panning around the map I got a CTD!  Highly unusual.  I rebooted, tried again and CTD.  Rebooted, disabled all my addons via Addon Linker, and CTD.  Rebooted, tried again, CTD.  Came back to read more of this thread and tried the OP's tip about viewing the map in IFR view, voila no CTD, was able to pick an airport and have a good flight.  Tried again using IFR view with all addons re-enabled via Addon Linker, again no CTD

In my case it definitely seems to be something related to Bing map data.   But why now?

Edited by Stoopy

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

It's happening to me on the Map screen quite a bit. Literally just did! 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

In addition to the CTD when zooming in on the map, about every 3 or 4 flights I get a CTD as well. 

Never had any issues prior to SU 13.

Very frustrating.

Regards,

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

I was getting them a lot especially when spawning to an airport but when I disabled JF Traffic they seem to have stoped.  I reckon they did something in SU13 with memory management because with SU12 I had the same traffic configuration and never got CTD's.  

Jack Sawyer