Sign in to follow this  
mmcmah

Much more frequent CTDs after SU13

6 hours ago, monica6211 said:

Maybe you have the old "carenado" bug that causes crashes if a certain combination of their planes are installed?

I followed all the 'steps'... removed ALL addons, exe.xml deleted, traffic and weather off, no overclocks., no caching, scanned my file system, repaired the app.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

11 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

Ive noticed vram usage seems to be causing more crashes post su13.  Ive had to lower my resolution in VR to keep from crashing. 

So is 5000x5000 your lowered resolution? 🤔

CTD can be very frustrating, for those that are experiencing them. Finding the cause can also be very difficult. Everyone's computer is different, different add-ons, different hardware, software etc.  MSFS is so large, that having part of it get corrupted is quite possible.  

I have not noticed any increase in CTD with SU 13.  Never had a CTD when clicking on Fly Now. or at the end of any flight. When I do get a CTD, and that is not very often, its always seems to happen about half way loading to the main screen for me.  I also fly only in VR. 

• Like 1

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

7 hours ago, cianpars said:

I suspect an issue with REX as well.  Not sure what or why, but I too had to uninstall it.

I also suspect that my RTX3080 does not have enough VRAM to run the current version of MSFS with all of the addon scenery I use, but that is more likely to do with my addons than MSFS.

I was getting some tied to rex accuseason advanced with terrain mode on, had to turn it off. They say its fixed but Im not so sure yet.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

2 hours ago, Vitold69 said:

So is 5000x5000 your lowered resolution? 🤔

no, 4000x4000 now.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

For anyone else experiencing a lot of CTDs after pressing "Fly" I found a solution in the official forums. Turn off the Bing Data World Graphics option. It also turns off Photogrammetry, but at least I now again have a stable sim.

Hopefully SU14 will fix their data sync/processing issues. Unfortunately, it doesn't give me confidence for their plan for a thin client with even more cloud-based data streaming for MSFS2024.

On 11/1/2023 at 9:52 PM, odourboy said:

Do the track analytics? Virtual every flight I take since SU13 ends in a CTD, but their bug portal has made me reluctant to bother reporting it.

Try turning off all aircraft traffic and see how you fare. Zero.  Just aircraft.  MSFS aircraft traffic.  I have not used any addon traffic.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Ahh, glad to have spotted this thread. I've just been driving myself crazy for a day or two with World Map related CTDs. Probably two thirds of the time I zoom the map (in or out, it's not fussy) when setting up a flight it just freezes and then crashes. Now that I've read this I'm also realising that I've been getting a few more CTDs in general as well.

Don't know for sure when it started, as I've not been using the sim much in the last few weeks, but it feels like another one of those introduced glitches, so I guess I'll basically wait for the next update and keep my fingers crossed. I'm not going to spend any more time trying to figure it out, it seems to be totally random - sometimes I can reproduce the situation exactly, sometimes when I retry something it's fine. I've done lots of tests with this (empty community folder, trying possible suspect apps etc) to no avail so I've just reported my issues via zendesk and shall live with it for now.

It is, unfortunately, the sort of behaviour I've come to expect with this sim (and that's not knocking the sim - it's far more good than bad afaic)

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Exactly the same problem World Map related CTDs. Before and during the beta

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

I don't get World Map CTDs, but I have noticed a lot more lagging and screen freezes lately even trying to plan routes, it eventually comes back to life and I carry on.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I don't know if it's anecdotal.  But I was having this issue in 13 and still in Beta 14.  Seemed like I would click fly and 3 out of 5 times it would crash.  Now I select my takeoff airport and wait about 30 seconds before I click fly after reading that tip online.  So far about 10 load ins without CTD.  Of course that means on my next flight I'll get a CTD.  

BEST THING, you guys can do is ensure you have visited this link and clicked vote so they know it's happening frequently and to many. 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sim-crashes-when-zooming-in-at-the-worldmap/607606

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

4 hours ago, micstatic said:

I don't know if it's anecdotal.  But I was having this issue in 13 and still in Beta 14.  Seemed like I would click fly and 3 out of 5 times it would crash.  Now I select my takeoff airport and wait about 30 seconds before I click fly after reading that tip online.  So far about 10 load ins without CTD.  Of course that means on my next flight I'll get a CTD.  

BEST THING, you guys can do is ensure you have visited this link and clicked vote so they know it's happening frequently and to many. 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sim-crashes-when-zooming-in-at-the-worldmap/607606

Glad the tip helped! I've gone to turning off Bing Data World Graphics and therefore Photogrammetry as well. So far, no CTD even though I've tried to force it.

I'm not at all optimistic for what they've announced as their strategy for MSFS2024.

• Like 1

Same here I’m sad to say,

I’ve had more CTD’s since SU13 than ever before. I always use addon linker to keep my community folder as lean as possible but it is not aircraft dependent , been getting CTD’s in the Fenix A320, TBM 850, PMDG 737 & Horizon 787. 

Hopefully they can fix this while I’m down south this week on vacation lol (And then I woke up 😂)

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

20 minutes ago, RJC68 said:

Same here I’m sad to say,

I’ve had more CTD’s since SU13 than ever before. I always use addon linker to keep my community folder as lean as possible but it is not aircraft dependent , been getting CTD’s in the Fenix A320, TBM 850, PMDG 737 & Horizon 787. 

Hopefully they can fix this while I’m down south this week on vacation lol (And then I woke up 😂)

No add on Linker, PMDG 737, Fenix. C310, Kodiak,A2A Cherokee..... CTdS in 2 years   Two.....

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I can also add another solution that I saw on the official forums and which I have now tried successfully.

Dropping your NIC speed to 100Mbits Full Duplex, rather than auto negotiated or something higher than 100Mbits, also does the trick. This allows you to still use the satellite map (although I still found it stuttery when moving around, which makes me wonder when it could crash) and the Bing Data and Photogrammetry options to ON.

Clearly there is a data synchronization/processing/speed issue with the program. I think I’m going to go the IFR Map (instead of Satellite on the World Map) and no Bing Data/Photogrammetry route as the flight loads much quicker, and I’m sure I will forget many times to reset my NIC speed either before or after I open MSFS.