Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

iniBuilds Dubai released

I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest this may be the sky jumping airfield near Dubai Marina and an in-depth city scenery to complement it. 

4 hours ago, threegreen said:

An inibuilds guy has said on Discord that this is NOT DXB though but a "much smaller" airport.

This “much smaller” is the mega hub airport that they have been teasing? If so this is gonna be a massive letdown.

Edited by B777ER

Eric 

All things considered, the freeware OMDB is extremely well done and is updated quite often. 

plus, FT should do OMDB. Their scenery for P3D was incredible. 

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

4 minutes ago, V1ROTA7E said:

All things considered, the freeware OMDB is extremely well done and is updated quite often. 

plus, FT should do OMDB. Their scenery for P3D was incredible. 

Will be a while if it was FT - They said 4 weeks ago when someone asked:

Bridge too far. Its never been in development. Sorry.

Never say never I guess!

• Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

3 hours ago, ErichB said:

I don't think it will be disappointing.  We already have a really decent freeware OMDB.  More variety in the region is preferable.

This was the original announcement: "We’re excited to share that our next major airport release is going to be a truly iconic destination that reflects the perfect blend of modern-day and tradition. This vibrant location is known for its impressive skyline, bustling aviation scene, and its role as a global crossroads. It’s going to be a great destination to visit to escape the European/North American winter in a few month’s time… " If they would have done that with Los Angeles, teased Santa Monica Pier to then release Van Nuys I would have certainly been disappointed as well. I'm not saying the premium deluxe DXB enhancement is bad but it certainly doesn't do this mega hub justice.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Well, if that was the blurb, then it certainly sounds like Dubai.    So perhaps that explains why Flytampa has not released Dubai.  

Edited by ErichB

Inibuilds have apparently also said another developer is working on DXB. I'm not in their Discord server, this is what others have reported (there was a screenshot from the conversation when the ini guy said it's not DXB).

Edit: It's actually on FSElite.

https://fselite.net/content/inibuilds-teasing-new-scenery-project/

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

It can be Al Maktoum airport. it is also Dubai but smaller now and it has great future as Middle east crossroad. Also it would be Sharjah airport. Of course it is another Emirate but close to Dubai

I've got a horrible feeling its going to be the SkyDive base on Jumeirah beach with an enhanced version of the city surrounding it. Do all my flying based out of OMDB so a bit disappointing if so, however nobody owes me anything I guess!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, threegreen said:

I meant the livery on the cars though (wasn't worded correctly).

Ahh, you're right too, blue for Dubai, red for Abu Dhabi.

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

6 hours ago, mi_mikh said:

Also it would be Sharjah airport. Of course it is another Emirate but close to Dubai

The police car is in the livery of the Dubai Police Force, so yeah it wouldn’t be Sharjah. Unless the devs made a mistake 

Edited by Tuskin38

6 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

The police car is in the livery of the Dubai Police Force, so yeah it wouldn’t be Sharjah. Unless the devs made a mistake 

There is actually already a payware Sharjah from MSK Productions, which I bought on sale a while back. Hope Inibuilds isn't making a duplicate.

Actually, it looks like there are two OMSJ Airports available at Simmarket.

Cheers, Pete

Edited by PilotPete99

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

On 11/10/2023 at 11:30 AM, flyingpicket said:

I've got a horrible feeling its going to be the SkyDive base on Jumeirah beach with an enhanced version of the city surrounding it. Do all my flying based out of OMDB so a bit disappointing if so, however nobody owes me anything I guess!

On 11/10/2023 at 9:54 AM, mi_mikh said:

It can be Al Maktoum airport. it is also Dubai but smaller now and it has great future as Middle east crossroad. Also it would be Sharjah airport. Of course it is another Emirate but close to Dubai

They've literally said "major airport release" . Only OMDB makes that list (in my opinion). Yes it could be Dubai World airport (Al Maktoum), but to be honest it's a bit too un-important (by iniBuilds previous airport releases) and I'd expect this only when some heavy freighters are available for MSFS (747F, 777F etc.). Dubai World was never done for P3D and that speaks a lot about the significance in the flight sim world.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

They've literally said "major airport release" . Only OMDB makes that list (in my opinion). Yes it could be Dubai World airport (Al Maktoum), but to be honest it's a bit too un-important (by iniBuilds previous airport releases) and I'd expect this only when some heavy freighters are available for MSFS (747F, 777F etc.). Dubai World was never done for P3D and that speaks a lot about the significance in the flight sim world.

On 11/9/2023 at 1:17 PM, threegreen said:

An inibuilds guy has said on Discord that this is NOT DXB though but a "much smaller" airport.

39 minutes ago, OuterMarker said:

I see. So I guess it's OMAA. In the same post he says another dev is doing OMDB, I wonder who. Can't be FlyTampa.