Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

The iniBuild A320neo is now available in SU14 Beta

Just now, carlanthony24 said:

Well since this word not allowed went public it really messed things up for FBW if they wanted to legal. Like a lot are saying. FBW is not a company so different rules come into play.

You seem to be not understanding what GPL is, and where the problem is.

Any code written under GPL has to be made publicly available for anyone to change and use. You have to disclose that you are using GPL as well. 

Evidence points to iniBuilds not disclosing their use of code published under GPL. And THAT is a problem. 

It's not that they borrow code from FBW, it's that they are obligated to disclose that they are doing so.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Farlis said:

Any code written under GPL has to be made publicly available for anyone to change and use. You have to disclose that you are using GPL as well. 

Evidence points to iniBuilds not disclosing their use of code published under GPL. And THAT is a problem. 

It's not that they borrow code from FBW, it's that they are obligated to disclose that they are doing so.

You are under the assumption I don't but I do. But like people have said we don't even know all the facts yet. The person who wrote things when it should of been confidential has caused issues that well is not going to benefit him or FBW in the grand scheme of things. If FBW indeed wanted to go legal to be honest doubt that would of happened. The guy messed it all it up. 

• Like 1

It's entertaining to see how the Dev in question wanted this drama to be judged by the court of public opinion, and the public opinion is that it should not have been brought public.

That dev definitely has a lot of growing up to do.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Sooo their (ini) aircraft and scenery perform poorly which also seems to reflect their ethics & business practices… nice. 

Edited by Hatch76
  • Like 1

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

9 minutes ago, Hatch76 said:

Sooo their (ini) aircraft and scenery perform poorly which also seems to reflect their ethics & business practices… nice. 

We don't know all the facts yet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

15 minutes ago, Hatch76 said:

This is what is wrong with some people in the flightsim community. Jumping to conclusions.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, carlanthony24 said:

This is what is wrong with some people in the flightsim community. Jumping to conclusions.

Actually what is wrong in the community is a lot of us fall for the baits from the trolls so easily. LOL

• Like 3

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Nothing to do with us, and i don't like assumptions, so maybe wait and see if it all blows over or otherwise.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

19 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

We don't know all the facts yet.

WE don't need any facts to judge! 😎✈️

The plane is in alpha 0.3 stage! 😲🤦🏻‍♂️

For some reasons it doesn't want to put an ILS frequency into FMGC automatically. And I can't put it manually. All the time getting FORMAT ERROR message. Anybody knows how to do it?

Edited by Vitold69

39 minutes ago, Vitold69 said:

WE don't need any facts to judge! 😎✈️

The plane is in alpha 0.3 stage! 😲🤦🏻‍♂️

For some reasons it doesn't want to put an ILS frequency into FMGC automatically. And I can't put it manually. All the time getting FORMAT ERROR message. Anybody knows how to do it?

Another person who doesn’t seem to understand. They have already said the released version is quite far back next one will be updated. They most likely have to send it off to Microsoft and wait for the updates to filter through who knows.

You wouldn’t think it was a beta. Still perfectly flyable.

4 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Another person who doesn’t seem to understand.

I've seen "alpha 0.3" somewhere in fmgs. 

Better tell me how to enter ils frequency please.

39 minutes ago, Vitold69 said:

Better tell me how to enter ils frequency please.

Use the letter code not the number.

26 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Use the letter code not the number.

Ok. The ILS is IBKK, 109.30, 209 deg. What should I put? Thanks

13 minutes ago, Vitold69 said:

Ok. The ILS is IBKK, 109.30, 209 deg. What should I put? Thanks

Just the letters

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

On 11/22/2023 at 6:18 PM, Farlis said:

Funny enough, I am currently back at school to become an Air Safety Personnel, ATSEP in France, hopefully this job will save me a lot of time for simming and my PPL...Anyway...

Today we had a course on "Cloud and legal issues", we are talking about the GPL license, so I ask a question about the MS/Ini and FBW case. I've been told this is very common because developers usually use a lot of online resources that could fall under licensing. They also said that MS was used to these kinds of problems and that a rewrite tool and a code analysis tool were available to deal with problems like these. Anyway, let's wait and see... hope this doesn't cause to much delay

Edited by cyril972