Sign in to follow this  
mryan75

Up to 30% increase in FPS: update your dlss.dll file

Title is self-explanatory. This has helped a ton of people. Note: do NOT try getting into your WindowsApps folder (it’s locked for a reason), you can mess up your sim or the PC. The video shows the location of the file; some commenters had trouble finding it and there are various solutions. This is not clickbait, it has worked for a ton of people. Feel free to cross-post to the official forum, I’m not a member over there. 

Edited by mryan75
  • Like 2

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Just had free time and wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt. Nothing changed here with a 3090. How was it supposed to work anyway, even using TAA? 

Placebo effect is real though, look at how many people thanked the author of the video on Youtube. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

15 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

Placebo effect is real though, look at how many people thanked the author of the video on Youtube. 

I went from 30 to 40 fps. Tons of other people saw demonstrable increases. Others didn’t. Has nothing to do with placebo. 

41 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

Just had free time and wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt. Nothing changed here with a 3090. How was it supposed to work anyway, even using TAA? 

If it does or does not work for you is not necessarily an indicator of how it works for others.

It's going to depend on what programs you use, your particular system, etc.

Beyond that, I think Dlss swapping (at least for me) is more about improving ghosting and other (primarily) frame generation artifacts and then at the end, maybe getting a bit of a speed boost.

Edited by HiFlyer
Grammer/spelling
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Been doing it for the last six months or so. Can't say I've noticed a difference but it can't hurt either. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

18 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

If it does or does not work for you is not necessarily an indicator of how it works for others.

It's going to depend on what programs you use, your particular system, etc.

Beyond that, I think Dlss swapping (at least for me) is more about improving ghosting and other (primarily) frame generation artifacts and then at the end, maybe getting a bit of a speed boost.

Ghosting is a thing but if you use TAA, that DLL is completely neglected. The author of the video says otherwise and that is the first red flag. Also, he doesn't show the "before", only the "after". Moreover he shows a CPU limited scenario (737 @ KMIA) as evidenced by his frame counter (limited by mainthread). How would the DLSS DLL make any difference in such a scenario? 

39 minutes ago, mryan75 said:

I went from 30 to 40 fps. Tons of other people saw demonstrable increases. Others didn’t. Has nothing to do with placebo. 

In DLSS or TAA? Have you recorded before and after in the same conditions or just have an "impression"?

If the effect is true, it must be reproducible.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

12 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

More voodoo. Yeah, go ahead, "mess up your PC".

This won’t mess anything up

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

More voodoo. Yeah, go ahead, "mess up your PC".

How is swapping DLSS DLL's going to mess up your PC? 

When you don't know what on earth you're talking about it's always best to say nothing at all.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

This only has an effect if NVIDIA DLSS is selected in settings?

Yes

1 hour ago, MrFuzzy said:

The author of the video says otherwise and that is the first red flag

You can use frame generation with TAA and both DLSS and Frame generation are considered part of DLSS so no, not necessarily a red flag.....

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 1

Devons rig

I updated to the latest dll version a few days ago and have possibly noticed a slight improvement with my 5800X3D and RTX380 but nothing really significant.  Even that 'slight' improvement maybe an imaginary one.

Odd that some with similar equipment to me are experiencing a much more dramatic improvement.

The thing is, that whilst I am noting a few more FPS at a few thousand feet over the sea, that does not seem to translate to any improvement close to heavy addon sceneries and airports unfortunately.

That said, I usually lock to 40 fps during normal use so I've only done a small amount of testing unlocked.

The new dll is certainly no worse than the old one, that's for sure.

Edited by cianpars

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Tried this month or so ago using FG with TAA at 105% using 4090, made no difference whatsoever 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 2