Sign in to follow this  
mryan75

Up to 30% increase in FPS: update your dlss.dll file

4 hours ago, JYW said:

Would be handy if the OP had mentioned this in the first post.

You know, like;

"Up to 30% increase in FPS: update your dlss.dll file [DLSS only]"

I was running TAA. 

4 hours ago, TristanAbyss said:

Hi Folks,

I am struggling a little bit, because there is no msfs folder in my "XboxGames" folder. I am on MSFS Store version.

Can anyone help this dummy where to find the files to be replaced?

Thanks in advance.

Tris

People have found it in various places. I would start by looking wherever your flightsimulator.exe file is. There are a lot of comments in the YT thread about where people have found it. Oddly it’s not always the same place, I have no explanation for that one. 

I installed Sim not on disk C but  on disk G and it's in the folder WindowsApps/

This folder is unaccessible, even for me, the administrator! So, I can't change, rename or substitute this .dll file.

Seems that installation is different for any user , depending on multiple factors. What a useless mess !!

spacer.png   Como (Italy )   www.sim737ng.it

I9-13900kf-Asusz790-32GB GSkill-Rtx4080-MSFS/P3Dv6-3xBenq1080ST-Win10-Prosim3.26-AS-Envtex-Envshade-Orbx basepack,OpenLC Europe-CPFlight hardware-RSP TQ-Always on Vatsim

banner2.jpg

On 11/23/2023 at 4:17 PM, St Mawgan said:

Only a techie would wear glasses like that. 

beat me too it

14ppkc-6.png

Seemingly impossible if the sim exe is in Program Files\WindowsApps directory. It's a protected file for me, last time I tried to change this by reinstalling it did nothing but brick my sim for a week until I could sort it out.

Best way to give you 30% FPS increase is buy a more powerful PC or reduce settings, job done.  If your not in that position then deal with it.

• Like 2

Thomas Derbyshire

Remember for those that use this. When you update the sim it goes back to the MSFS default. 

For example, when I downloaded the latest beta today, I have to put the new dlls back in.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, abennett said:

Remember for those that use this. When you update the sim it goes back to the MSFS default. 

For example, when I downloaded the latest beta today, I have to put the new dlls back in.

No way, it does?! Shoot I’ll have to check this tomorrow. Thank you for that!

8 hours ago, mspencer said:

Seemingly impossible if the sim exe is in Program Files\WindowsApps directory. It's a protected file for me, last time I tried to change this by reinstalling it did nothing but brick my sim for a week until I could sort it out.

There are a bunch of comments about where to find the file. Do NOT hack your way into the Windows Apps folder. The file can be found elsewhere. It seems like there about a dozen different places it may be. Who knows why. But in the comments to the video a lot of people post where they found it. 

12 minutes ago, mryan75 said:

There are a bunch of comments about where to find the file. Do NOT hack your way into the Windows Apps folder. The file can be found elsewhere. It seems like there about a dozen different places it may be. Who knows why. But in the comments to the video a lot of people post where they found it. 

I read every single comment, nobody found it. Somebody said it's in AppData\Roaming, it isn't.

Likewise, just cannot find it.
I'm running an old installation of the store edition.
Following a  MSFS official forum discussion it looks like the location is obvious for Steam installs
and maybe recent store installs.
Also copy/paste permission problems for store edition installed in default location.

Edited by gboz

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I think it’s like c:/program files/windowsapps/microsoftflightsimulator(then a load of numbers)

This is from memory though so might be wrong.

Edited by abennett

Just a little heads up : new GPU_Z can now scan for dlss files showing version and where the game specific files are stored.

Regards

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, sidfadc said:

Best way to give you 30% FPS increase is buy a more powerful PC or reduce settings, job done.  If your not in that position then deal with it.

You guys miss that DLSS is a work in heavy progress. And later versions are much better than older ones. 
So if you’re GPU limit this can for sure boost your FPS. Depends on the scenario. The guys in here who don’t get how DLSS works and what’s its doing and scream „sneak oil“: get outta here. 

I've avoided using DLSS until MS/Asobo/nVidia fix the issues with screens in VR like they said they would, but I may have to give it a go for those aircraft without screens just to see if there's a performance benefit from the latest DLLs.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)