Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

Give DX12 another chance after SU14

Sure enough, DX12 on ......disappearing airport ground textures. Useless.

Back to DX11.......quadruple 🙄

• Like 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Everyone please remember that, when you switch DX versions, you must completely shutdown and reboot the entire sim before the DX changes take effect. Simply toggling the DX settings within the sim and then immediately loading a new flight will do nothing. You'll still be with your previous DX version until you reboot. 

• Like 2

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Yeah, have DX12 on, with TAA also, and haven't really seen any stutters so far. (with upgraded SR22)

Might try a longer flight with the DC-3, see what thats like.😃

• Like 1

4 hours ago, micstatic said:

I've been DX12 for a while now with TAA and FG on.  Even in 13, I thought DX12 was good.  But maybe that's just me.  

Not just you, DX12 always performed better for me than DX11. Same FPS but much smoother.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I've only had the famous overlapping ground textures at an airport maybe three times in total and I switched to DX12 the day it was available. No way I would go back to DX11 now, it's so much better for me. 

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

50 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

I've only had the famous overlapping ground textures at an airport maybe three times in total and I switched to DX12 the day it was available. No way I would go back to DX11 now, it's so much better for me. 

The day it was available it ran horribly, I doubt that 🙂

I have been using DX12 since SU10 and as for the airport texture bug, I just avoid external views and stay in the cockpit when on the ground. That's what a pilot is supposed to do anyway.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Has VRAM management been improved? if not, it's pointless to even try DX12 for me with only 12GB memory.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

It's generally never pointless to try, in most non life threatening situations. 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

2 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

I just avoid external views and stay in the cockpit when on the ground. That's what a pilot is supposed to do anyway.

I have seen people claim that this only happens when you switch to external view but It's not true. I never ever leave the cockpit view and it happens every time. Sometimes from the moment I start the sim, sometimes it takes a minute, sometimes it takes 4 or 5 but happen it will.

I have no idea what exactly the trigger is but it isn't switching views.

• Like 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Just now, Jazz said:

I have seen people claim that this only happens when you switch to external view but It's not true. I never ever leave the cockpit view and it happens every time. Sometimes from the moment I start the sim, sometimes it takes a minute, sometimes it takes 4 or 5 but happen it will.

I have no idea what exactly the trigger is but it isn't switching views.

I see... well, maybe external views just make it more evident, or trigger an increase of VRAM that is the proverbial straw that breaks the camel's back 🙂

Curiously, I did not have this issue at all until SU13 and I thought it was because of the large VRAM of my GPU.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

2 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

I see... well, maybe external views just make it more evident, or trigger an increase of VRAM that is the proverbial straw that breaks the camel's back 🙂

Curiously, I did not have this issue at all until SU13 and I thought it was because of the large VRAM of my GPU.

I have seen the claim it's due to lack of VRAM as well but I can't see how. My card has 16 GB of the stuff and it happens when it's using a little over 8 in the middle of nowhere.

16 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

@bvdboomen I never had to erase / flush any shaders since the launch of MSFS and could not find any informations from Asobo that it should be done when switching DX or getting new drivers or else....

Are there any tehnical reasons that it should be done?

Probably not when switching between DX11 and DX12 but maybe if there is a new update of DX12 in SU14. I would erase my shader cache then.

22 hours ago, micstatic said:

I've been DX12 for a while now with TAA and FG on.  Even in 13, I thought DX12 was good.  But maybe that's just me.  

I'm not sure why I always had problems with DX12 until SU14. I suspect the culprit was actually my antiquated 4K TV, which can't produce more than 60fps. Perhaps SU14 / DX12 is better supporting older hardware now. I don't know. But everything's working great now with DX12. And I can of course use Frame Generation too.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

4 hours ago, David Mills said:

I'm not sure why I always had problems with DX12 until SU14. I suspect the culprit was actually my antiquated 4K TV, which can't produce more than 60fps. Perhaps SU14 / DX12 is better supporting older hardware now. I don't know. But everything's working great now with DX12. And I can of course use Frame Generation too.

All you are saying, is give DX12 a chance...

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I'm OK with trying DX12, but as I fly airliners, are the glass cockpit displays fixed and not blurry?

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma