Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

Nobody else reporting this???

Su14 

instrument freezes in cockpit ?

just happened to me on final 789 yssy FT

was able to control aircraft thou not clock any of the instruments.

mike

Interesting. A few of us have this issue in the PMDG 737. The whole cockpit freezes (unresponsive PFD, ND, EFIS, buttons, knobs, switches), only ailerons and elevators conitnue to function.

Seems to be related to being on final to a busy airport with lots of AI. Try a fresh install of the 787 mod.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I had a similar problem where after a few minutes the whole sim slowed down and became unresponsive until it would finally CTD. Did it with an empty community folder, so it wasn't an addon. Seems OK now that I installed the latest Nvidia driver. (I'd knock on wood if I could find some. Everythings plastic!!)

Russ

Edited by b1bmsgt

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Had this in the A2A commache, everything frooze, almost ended in a mountain, but recovered in the last minute. This was midflight between ENTO and ENCN..

Just now, Kaboki said:

Had this in the A2A commache, everything frooze, almost ended in a mountain, but recovered in the last minute. This was midflight between ENTO and ENCN..

I didn't even have enough time to get off the ground! Sim did the same thing with an empty community folder, so I tried the drivers. So far, so good...

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

I have noticed that SU14's performance is a disgrace compared to previous versions and I have also noticed the performance degradation on the Cirrus, the TBM, the Comanche, and others.  I haven't had the cockpit freeze issue yet, but the performance is "no bueno".

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Oh, this is a sim issue? This happened to me twice in the Fenix so I assumed it was the culprit.

15 minutes ago, DMullert said:

I have noticed that SU14's performance is a disgrace compared to previous versions and I have also noticed the performance degradation on the Cirrus, the TBM, the Comanche, and others.  I haven't had the cockpit freeze issue yet, but the performance is "no bueno".

Agreed, I lost at least 10 FPS on average compared to SU13...

1 hour ago, F737MAX said:

Interesting. A few of us have this issue in the PMDG 737. The whole cockpit freezes (unresponsive PFD, ND, EFIS, buttons, knobs, switches), only ailerons and elevators conitnue to function.

Seems to be related to being on final to a busy airport with lots of AI. Try a fresh install of the 787 mod.

I had this happen to me twice. The 1st time it happened, I was able to un-freeze it, but not the 2nd.

It appears to me that the tablet somehow captures the mouse in a field. I can move the curson, but clicks seen to be ignored. When I had the first freeze, I started popping up the GSX window, the ATC window, etc. to no avail. I did <alt>- <enter> to put MSFS in a window and <alt>-<tab> to a different app (I think it was the AIG Traffic Controller) and clicked a few menus and buttons. When I went back to MSFS, I was unfrozen. This did not work the 2nd time.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

2 hours ago, F737MAX said:

This used to happen a long time ago in the FBW A320. There wasn't a correlation with being near a busy airport, though, it'd usually happen to me in cruise, sometimes over the ocean.

• Upvote 1

Wow, Just had this very incident in the 738 out of LICC-EGCC, as i was nearing the destination i started setting up the arrival etc, i needed to switch runway at EGCC, entered the details and activated, only for all the systems in the cockpit to lock up. I couldn't do anything to remedy the problem, and ended up spiralling into the channel. Never seen this before the recent PMDG update. I was on Beta, and never saw it during that period either.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

This sounds like a Simconnect problem.  There have been issues where add-on software bombards the Simconnect interface and overwhelms it to where it gets way behind and essentially stops responding.

I recently had a number of panel lockups in the Fenix A320, but it was on SU13 the week before SU14 released.  The panel froze and stopped responding, but the sim kept flying, sounds continued to work etc.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I experienced this for the first time today. It was my first flight after the update. I was at the runway end waiting for take off, then someone called me, and I had to leave the sim for some minutes. When I came back the screen was frosen, and I did not manage to close down the sim. I had to turn off the computer by pressing the start button and hold it.

Tor Arild Danielsen

Edited by adaniel

Hi,

This is what I get while using the Zibo mod jump to 45:38 into the video. This happens every ride, only difference with the latest drivers....Instead of just locking up, I now get a black screen that is fixable with a keyboard keystroke. So is it the aircraft, sim platform or video drivers? Two sims with the same type of issue.

Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL
  • Like 1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Only similar experience today actually happened because my BT keyboard stopped working 😕

I could use the mouse, but no keyboard inputs were available. 

At first I thought it was some PMDG 737 quirk because an hour before I had experienced that weird loss of a functional tiler, but then I noticed the keyboard had a led on, that I was not accustomed to see, and went finding out what that might mean...

Smoothness / performance, since I installed the SU14 Beta last week and started using it, it has been very smooth and fluid.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

13 minutes ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

Hi,

This is what I get while using the PMDG737, jump to 35:38 into the video. This happens every ride, only difference with the latest drivers....Instead of just locking up, I now get a black screen that is fixable with a keyboard keystroke

I think you meant 45:38 into the video...

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case