Sign in to follow this  
crosswind

GSX UPDATE: Dec 13th

https://www.virtualisoftware.com/images/fsdt_update_288.jpg

Version 2.8.8 – December 13th, 2023

GSX PRO New: Cargo Airplanes that don’t use ULDs, will now show Packages being loaded with the Conveyor Belt loader, instead of Luggage.

GSX PRO Change: Skin textures for some GSX Crew characters tweaked to appear less shiny.

GSX Pro Change: The PMDG integration will not set Payload or Fuel automatically if the existing value is already very close (within 10 kg) of the planned quantity on Simbrief.

GSX Pro Fix: PMDG integration will default to Imperial Units, to prevent conversion error from Simbrief planned Payload/Fuel, when no saved configuration for that loaded airframe is found.

GSX (FSX/P3D) Fix: Airplane stuck with simulation Disabled at the end of a Pushback when using a Towbarless tug with the “Pushback Raise” option enabled in the airplane profile.

GSX Pro Fix: Added exception to prevent removal of support ground vehicles in MK Studios airplanes.

GSX Pro Change: Some optimizations in VGDS text displays to improve responsivity.

GSX PRO New: The “UPS man” character used at Cargo Stands in FSDT KSDF has been remade from scratch for MSFS, replacing the previous version which was converted from FSX/P3D. An update to the airport will follow up to make the feature fully usable as it was in the FSX/P3D version.

GSX PRO New: Added SWS PC12 to GSX Internal Airplane Database.

GSX (all versions) NEW: Added the following Handling operators: VIAGS Handling (Vietnam), Thai Lion Air, BAGS (Thailand), Uplift Aviation Services, Romanian Airport Services, GlobeGround (Romania), LGS Handling (Cyprus), United Ground Express, Flight Services & Systems, United 1970/1990/2000 (USA), Leipzig-Halle Airport (Germany), Corporate Air, Altitude Island Logistics (Australia), UAB Handelshus (Lithuania), Roscosmos (Russia), Sagat (Italy).

GSX (all versions) NEW: Added the following Catering operators: Airo Catering Services Lietuva (Lithuania), Cabin Services Australia, Air Gourmet Hellas (Greece).

• Like 15

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Awesome, as always!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

still not convinced, look at youtube streamers have way to many bugs with it.

• Like 1

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

2 hours ago, pilotter said:

Doubt you'll ever be convinced then, just move along.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 hours ago, pilotter said:

On the very rare occasion GSX bugs out, you can simply restart it.  Otherwise it’s a fantastic add on for immersion.

• Upvote 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

1 hour ago, Gilandred said:

On the very rare occasion GSX bugs out, you can simply restart it.  Otherwise it’s a fantastic add on for immersion.

Yeah, I was on the fence, now I have it I'm pretty impressed .. ..

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

3 hours ago, pilotter said:

There are still youtube streamers that still haven't understood how to use the menu: they close it with the icon instead of using the hotkey, resulting in:

- having to click twice to reopen it

- missing all situations where GSX must pop-up a menu automatically (during pusback, during refueling, ec.), to ask you a question, and losing the menu which will cause what are easily mistaken as "bugs".

The manual clearly explains why the menu works this way (and it's not as if it's something "strange", the Navigraph menu works exactly the same: you need to keep it active otherwise the Hotkey won't work), and suggests to keep it open for as long Ground services are needed and open/close it only with the hotkey or the X icon, yet this still to be completely missed, but it's *crucial* to prevent bugs caused by GSX waiting your response to a menu it couldn't show, because the toolbar was Inactive (=dark icon).

But that's not even the point.

The point is: if there are streamers that found bugs that are mostly due (I do see videos myself, and my first comment is "has this guy even opened the manual, at least once?"), why do they keep using it? Maybe because even if they found what they assume are GSX "bugs" (which is questionable), the bonuses outweigh the bugs? No, we don't sponsor anybody to use it, the best they got from us was a free copy when it came out, and many of them not even that one.

In fact, I found the ones that know how to use it correctly, are the ones who paid for it...

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, virtuali said:

There are still youtube streamers that still haven't understood how to use the menu: they close it with the icon instead of using the hotkey, resulting in:

- having to click twice to reopen it

- missing all situations where GSX must pop-up a menu automatically (during pusback, during refueling, ec.), to ask you a question, and losing the menu which will cause what are easily mistaken as "bugs".

The manual clearly explains why the menu works this way (and it's not as if it's something "strange", the Navigraph menu works exactly the same: you need to keep it active otherwise the Hotkey won't work), and suggests to keep it open for as long Ground services are needed and open/close it only with the hotkey or the X icon, yet this still to be completely missed, but it's *crucial* to prevent bugs caused by GSX waiting your response to a menu it couldn't show, because the toolbar was Inactive (=dark icon).

But that's not even the point.

The point is: if there are streamers that found bugs that are mostly due (I do see videos myself, and my first comment is "has this guy even opened the manual, at least once?"), why do they keep using it? Maybe because even if they found what they assume are GSX "bugs" (which is questionable), the bonuses outweigh the bugs? No, we don't sponsor anybody to use it, the best they got from us was a free copy when it came out, and many of them not even that one.

In fact, I found the ones that know how to use it correctly, are the ones who paid for it...

I bought it, will dive in the deep one of these days. nothing personal, but I think this is just one of these addons which make the sim complete, but also can brake flight. Afraid for stutters at the airport.

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

I've been using it on every flight since GSX came out, and yes, there are a few occasional bugs, but overall I think it works really well and adds a lot to the immersion. One thing I do hope gets improved one day is the passenger animations. They just look dated compared to other games, and also compared to Asobo's animations. Another thing that's a little annoying is when the pax walk through each other. I guess that's not easy to fix and I'm aware that FSDT is not a big game studio, but still...

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

1 hour ago, pilotter said:

but also can brake flight.

Do you mean that literally? Because it can't break you flight. In the worst of all cases GSX itself will stop working, but the sim (and your flight) will be fine.

15 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Do you mean that literally? Because it can't break you flight. In the worst of all cases GSX itself will stop working, but the sim (and your flight) will be fine.

no not literally, but it's the immersion and the stutter I accounted for.

Awesome! Nice work Umberto!

Can't wait for the update that keeps the cabin seats filled during flight. Been waiting a long time for that feature to make it into a flight sim for a transport cat aircraft.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

10 hours ago, virtuali said:

spacer.png

Those boxes look too nice. Not realistic at all. Can we get some smashed up ones and ones that have their contents spilling out?  🤣

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.