Sign in to follow this  
Fiorentoni

Fenix icing hotfix available

19 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

People moaning about Discord and not going to support because of the way they do things. You would not be missed. Plenty of people support them so I doubt they really care.. Can always go over to PMDG forum and FSLabs forum to get scolded for not having names in signatures and when you find a bug and report it to be met with a response that is anything but normal. 

If you would have taken the time to read and understand my post, you would have seen that I did go to Discord support and they were not helpful in the slightest. This is not "moaning", just a statement of fact.

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

2 hours ago, hvw said:

Thanks a lot for sharing this information. Too bad that they only use Discord to provide us with these kind of fixes and information. I use to stay far away from Discord, I am too old to cope with that chaotic get-together 🙂 

I read somewhere that for users that don't like to use the internet, they will send out postcards with the fixes on them. 😏

• Like 8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

Or just keep icing turned off when flying the Fenix A320.

It doesn't show up visually anyway.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 minutes ago, ndflieger said:

If you would have taken the time to read and understand my post, you would have seen that I did go to Discord support and they were not helpful in the slightest. This is not "moaning", just a statement of fact.

I did read and you put that Discord always wants you to verify the account but the email you don't receive and that you had contacted Discord about this and they were unable to help. Obviously this is something on your end, that is nothing to do with Fenix though. Fenix can't help you with the verification issue. If you are not recieving an email from Discord then maybe something is blocking it from coming through. Not sure if you use Google, Hotmail but could always try another form with a new email to try and sort. You could have the same issue if they do what FSLabs did on the forum. 

People moan about the way PMDG do things but still support them. People moan about FSLabs with the mess they caused back in the day and said they won't support them or buy anymore products from them. I bet people still choose to support them one way or another and some of these will be the ones that said they will not support. 

2 hours ago, JYW said:

I don't believe hotfixes (which should be available freely to all purchasers) should be hidden behind a Discord wall.   It's very well known how divisive Discord is and that there are as many who just cannot bear to work with it, as there are who love it.

I had an account about 5 years ago and absolutely hated every second of using it.  So I don't wish to have to set up a new account, just to get a hotfix for a product I've paid for.

Poor form by Fenix.  Why can't they just make it available on their website, or via the FenixSim app (or even just in a post, here)?

I know many will disagree along the lines of "what's the fuss, just join Discord, etc, etc".  But if Fenix had stated "support and updates will be via Discord and an account will be required", I would not have purchased their product.

For those who don't have discord : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HHextbHDP9Fn4TCFlhDaWIFTaJ6jWnW_?usp=sharing

Important Amir says:

"Hey, just dropping in here for a moment as I know some people are frustrated with not being able to use icing with the aircraft. This systems.cfg should fix it as a quick patch, but bear in mind we cannot warrant the electrical behaviour of the airplane alongside failures/pitot failures/etc or any abnormals. So, please back up your original and if it is problematic, roll back.

It goes here: Community\fnx-aircraft-320\SimObjects\Airplanes\FNX320\systems.cfg

Replace that ^ and it should work.

With this, you should be able to turn icing back on again."

Edited by Area
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, ndflieger said:

you would have seen that I did go to Discord support and they were not helpful in the slightest. This is not "moaning", just a statement of fact.

That Discord is an absolute raging tire fire. For general, run of the mill support, it stinks for that. The best -- and the way they prefer -- is to just open a support ticket via the website. Now granted, they have the first-stage "ok, try with an empty Community folder" but they aren't bad.

One can happily go through life without ever going to the Fenix Discord. I have the whole thing muted except for announcements.

As mentioned above, one of the problems with Fenix's distribution is the app can't do micro updates. They are working on it after B2 and the expansions, but it limits their ability to quickly deploy a fix. This .cfg file exists in an interesting world. It's more of a band-aid for an existing problem that will see a more detailed fix in B2. I imagine it's not on the web, etc., because if a user encounters a problem they will be instructed to just turn icing off again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Can you imagine how hanged, drawn and quartered PMDG would have been on this forum (and everywhere else) if they released a hotfix for the 737 on their forums only?  🤣

Edited by psychedelic_tortilla
  • Like 3

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM 

It took me a while to get used to discord.  Some of the larger ones like Fenix are a challenge for support.  But at the same time lessons can be learned quickly by searching that otherwise wouldn't warrant a forum post.  I think forums and discord each have their use.  In some cases one is better than the other.  I view them as complementary, not one to replace the other. 

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

3 hours ago, psychedelic_tortilla said:

Can you imagine how hanged, drawn and quartered PMDG would have been on this forum (and everywhere else) if they released a hotfix for the 737 on their forums only?  🤣

Well you do have to download their fixes VIA through their operations center do you not? Anyways what does PMDG have to do with this and have to be always thrown into a discussion in regards of a "so called competitor" and how they operate things ? there is a plenty of folk don't like how Fenix does things.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

4 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Well you do have to download their fixes VIA through their operations center do you not? Anyways what does PMDG have to do with this and have to be always thrown into a discussion in regards of a "so called competitor" and how they operate things ? there is a plenty of folk don't like how Fenix does things.

Also plenty who like using Discord rather than using a forum with silly rules.... Guarantee people would rather not having to sign a name and abide by the word not allowed of the PMDG forum rules who think they are moderators.

Edited by carlanthony24

18 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

There is an unofficial PMDG presence on Discord that they discount.  I'm satisfied that PMDG's approach to providing hot fixes and updates via their Operations Center is a sign of a real professional operation.  I have been forced to use discord for a couple of other products and I consider its use, amateur hour.  I've been a PMDG customer since the FS2004 days and find dealing with them a very satisfying experience.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

So funny, each time information is coming from a Discord source, 95% of messages speak about Discord instead of information itself...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

It's not an official update, it's a bandaid hotfix for those that want to use icing before block 2 is released. Don't make it sound like Fenix is only on Discord. By the way, be it Fenix or PMDG, both do their actual support via support tickets on their website. Neither Discord nor the PMDG forums are the official place to look for support.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I read somewhere that for users that don't like to use the internet, they will send out postcards with the fixes on them. 😏

You misread that message, Bob.

They said that for users that don't like to use the internet, they will send out a post deck of punched cards with the fixes on them. Be sure to keep them in the proper order. 🤣

spacer.png

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 3

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

4 hours ago, micstatic said:

It took me a while to get used to discord.  Some of the larger ones like Fenix are a challenge for support.  But at the same time lessons can be learned quickly by searching that otherwise wouldn't warrant a forum post.  I think forums and discord each have their use.  In some cases one is better than the other.  I view them as complementary, not one to replace the other. 

I use Discord all the time for certain things. You want an answer in sometimes, no more than a few minutes, Discord is it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310