Sign in to follow this  
Brocky120

MSFS Adaptive LOD

42 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

No go for me, got both Moviflight (in community) and DynamicLOD installed, app opens fine, all 3 green but once in flight, AGL always shows 0, so no LOD changes.

Any ideas?

Did you run MSFS and D_LOD both either as Administrator, or both as not Administrator?  The video I posted said this is critical.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 hour ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

I had to shut it down and restart it.  You don't have to restart the sim.

Thanks, it did worked, unfortunately every time I change aircraft, I have to close and restart the app, too much hassle. 

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

29 minutes ago, Noel said:

Did you run MSFS and D_LOD both either as Administrator, or both as not Administrator?  The video I posted said this is critical.

It works if I close and restart the app as suggested by Greg-Seipp but if I switch planes, got to do the same thing over again, no go for me.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

3 hours ago, Noel said:

I did uninstall the app, reboot and reinstall, but same issue persists.  I guess it's what you described, incorrect sequencing of the inputs causes the app to fail.  I will try one last time following your guidance in sequencing as there will be a difference between TLOD of say 30, and 100, in terms of CPU loading.

Thank you kindly for that it may help!!  I'm airliners only so if I can set TLOD at say 30 at AGL 0 it may have some value for me.

Well, tried again w/ a complete reinstall, reboots, etc and the same issue happens so time to uninstall.  Hopefully it will be refined for those having troubles.

Cheers

Here I first launch MSFS and then the App. Both as Admin. Works like a charm…

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 minute ago, GSalden said:

I auto launch it with sim in normal mode with no problems whatsoever, this mod was the highlight of 2023 for MSFS imo.

• Like 3

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

Thanks Gerard I have it working now.  From a couple of test flights I think it will address the area I still have occasional issues with and that is at airports like EHAM in complex aircraft w/ FSLTL running so far it seems to help with TLOD of 30 on the ground.  Haven't decided where the change back to 100 should be, maybe 500 feet AGL or what have you.

As I've said many times here I'm super happy w/ sim performance on my hardware.  My CPU is slowly degrading as evidenced by the need to increase core voltage, and when I move on to a new CPU I doubt I will need this app because I am good at living within my hardware's capabilities and am already happy with performance.  Not sure if I should go AMD or Intel for the next CPU, mainboard and RAM.

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

2 hours ago, Ixoye said:

.... this mod was the highlight of 2023 for MSFS imo.

I agree! This app/mod was (for me) the best add-on of 2023 - I'm including both Freeware and Payware in my thinking!

• Like 1

I'm curious what others are finding about this.  My first configuration involved big jumps in LOD at the specified AGL.  These were all associated w/ giant spikes in CPU main thread load, which did settle out some after the event but of course still showed their relative higher impacts on the main thread as we continued climbing.  Have you found a ratio of AGL change to LOD change that eliminates any hint of stutter whenever Dynamic LOD creates the change at each # event.  For example, if you go up in AGL by 500' you should not increase LOD more than X, etc.

Noel

Not sure why I need this...with FG my FPS has doubled and seems fine.

1 hour ago, mikegrr said:

You might need it if what you are processing exceeds what your hardware can deliver on some occasions.  You use would have very llittle to do with "FPS" but more to do with eliminating those last few or more stutters.  If you're always 100% stutter-free, not much point in it.  One can have stutters AND high frame rate.  I hardly need it myself as I'm 99.6% stutter-free everywhere in any plane, but there are a few scenarios that overcome how I'm set up and it appears this app may have solved that.  I noticed FBW A320NX, which is hardest on my hardware especially in my default DX12 mode, ran better and with nary a single stutter out of EHAM w/ FSLTL, maxed out for all settings except TLOD.  I also noticed panning while on ground seems better and it wasn't bad before but seems better now.  On my system the WT B787X is harder on panning (nothing to do w/ FPS, just too much for how I'm set up graphically) so I look forward to testing that out with this app next time up.

Noel

3 hours ago, mikegrr said:

Same here,  You see the thing is that on my system, if I max out object LOD, FPS and image quality does not change as tested at inibuilds KJFK - still clear and sharp well into the distance night and day on the ground and at altitude.  Now TLOD quality maxes out at 100 and FPS falls away as you increase to maximum but image quality does not change on the ground or in the air.  This is at 4K and with FG enabled and my hardware is 9900KF/4090 with vsync and  frame cap (60 same as monitor refresh rate 60HZ) set in th NCP.  So it is hard to see any benefit from a utility that dynamically changes LOD with altitude.  Maybe there is a benefit with less stutters close to the ground with a lower LOD but if that is the case then I can just keep the LOD setting permanently low as there doesn't appear to be any benefit for having set high at other times.

Bruce

• Like 1

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

52 minutes ago, brucewtb said:

Same here,  You see the thing is that on my system, if I max out object LOD, FPS and image quality does not change as tested at inibuilds KJFK - still clear and sharp well into the distance night and day on the ground and at altitude.  Now TLOD quality maxes out at 100 and FPS falls away as you increase to maximum but image quality does not change on the ground or in the air.  This is at 4K and with FG enabled and my hardware is 9900KF/4090 with vsync and  frame cap (60 same as monitor refresh rate 60HZ) set in th NCP.  So it is hard to see any benefit from a utility that dynamically changes LOD with altitude.  Maybe there is a benefit with less stutters close to the ground with a lower LOD but if that is the case then I can just keep the LOD setting permanently low as there doesn't appear to be any benefit for having set high at other times.

Bruce

Again, not saying YOU need it, but it is a valuable tool for lots of people. Including myself and others who use triple 4k setups

• Like 2

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, KL Oo said:

...it is a valuable tool for lots of people.

That is the understatement of the year - so far 😉.

Of course for those who are happy with their system's performance under all circumstances and who are not able to see any difference in visual quality between TLOD 100 and 400 under any circumstances with their setup, this app is obsolete. 

For everybody else - this app is a game changer.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RALF9636 said:

That is the understatement of the year - so far 😉.

Of course for those who are happy with their system's performance under all circumstances and who are not able to see any difference in visual quality between TLOD 100 and 400 under any circumstances with their setup, this app is obsolete. 

For everybody else - this app is a game changer.

Indeed this is a game changer and imho for everyone.

I always used a tLOD and oLOD of 150.

My 2 pc’s are fast enough for delivering a good framerate, but when I am at Amsterdam EHAM I use a Parked percentage (PSXT Live Traffic) of just 18% for AI ac to stay above 70 fos ( FG on ) near the terminals with a lot of Live ac too in bad weather.

When using a tLOD value of 100 instead of 150 I can set the Parked value to 25% and therefore see much more Parked ac …

When flying I now can set both tLOD and oLOD to 200 or higher and see more detail further away while maintaining a good framerate. And especially on larger 4K TV’s ( 2x 55” and 1x 65” ) this is very welcome.

So this really is THE tool to have ! 

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I am loving it. I set it up at 170 TLOD and 170 OLOD on the ground and set to 200, 300 400 on the climb. 

works great 😊 

mike

• Like 1