Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Frame generation for all RTX cards

8 hours ago, caneman said:

So dumb question ... if you use the Xbox move option, does that then mean you have to change all your add-on's (e.g., addon linker, GSX, PMDG) or are those ok as they point to the community file?

And thanks BugDoc for the post, first time I've seen this explained for the MSFS Store folks. 

You don't.  I just followed the way it was described in the link.    The ran MSFS and all was well.   IMPORTANT:  In the General Settings of MSFS be sure to turn the mod on. 

2 hours ago, EnSnellHest said:

So you are using them both, at the same time?

No conflict?

None that I have found so far. It's pure bliss.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Turpentine said:

Between this FG hack and the Adaptive LOD mod, it's just insane how smooth MSFS is for me now. I was shopping for a 4000 series to replace my antiquated 2060 Super, but no more. Really crazy, never expected I could get such performance.

Same here with my old 2080 Super. 

Happy simmer 🙂

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

14 hours ago, FBW737 said:

I've kicked the FG mod to the curb. For a start at 50hz or 60hz it does what it says on the tin. You get 50fps or 60fps respectively, however the ghosting of the MSFS overlays cannot be fixed without a bit of work on the part of Nukem. Also the panning stutters are not acceptable for me. Maybe it depends on what you are used too. I have another method of getting 60fps on screen and its perfectly smooth in panning. Virtually no stutters at all. With the FG mod panning is a stutter fest at 50 or 60hz. Also I does cause MSFS to crash quite a bit so the instability it introduces is another deal breaker. It does, for some strange reason, seem to improve the image quality in MSFS at 24hz and 29hz but some of the aforementioned problems can still persist to a leaser degree. I've also gone back to DX11 despite the apparent performance improvements of DX12. They are very marginal and not worth the ground texture bleed through that I seem to be becoming more and more painfully aware of. It's an amazing Mod and hopefully Nukem will improve on it or we will get official support for FG on older cards either via Nvidia or AMD but for now I'm shelving it. My Alternative for 60fps is for now far better and smoother. In the contest between the FG Mod and the DynamicLOD Mod the later is the clear winner and the indispensable keeper of the two.😁

Yea the ground bleed is a deal breaker. 

• Like 1

I had issues getting FG to appear in the menu and seemed to have solved it by reinstalling the driver.  Now, it's missing again.  I tried reinstalling the driver again along with a reboot, but it's not there.  There is a log dlssg_to_fsr3.log getting created, but nothing too spectacular in it.

[12:41:01] [warning] dlssg-to-fsr3 is loaded. AMD FSR 3 Frame Generation will replace Nvidia DLSS-G Frame Generation.
[12:41:01] [warning] Please note this is experimental software and is subject to bugs and/or crashes. This does NOT represent a native implementation of AMD's FSR 3.
[12:41:01] [warning] Report issues at https://github.com/Nukem9/dlssg-to-fsr3
[12:41:01] [warning] WARNING: DO NOT USE IN MULTIPLAYER GAMES.
[12:41:05] [info] NVSDK_NGX_D3D12_Init_Ext
[12:45:52] [info] NVSDK_NGX_D3D12_Shutdown

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

2 minutes ago, bic said:

I had issues getting FG to appear in the menu and seemed to have solved it by reinstalling the driver.  Now, it's missing again.  I tried reinstalling the driver again along with a reboot, but it's not there.  There is a log dlssg_to_fsr3.log getting created, but nothing too spectacular in it.

[12:41:01] [warning] dlssg-to-fsr3 is loaded. AMD FSR 3 Frame Generation will replace Nvidia DLSS-G Frame Generation.
[12:41:01] [warning] Please note this is experimental software and is subject to bugs and/or crashes. This does NOT represent a native implementation of AMD's FSR 3.
[12:41:01] [warning] Report issues at https://github.com/Nukem9/dlssg-to-fsr3
[12:41:01] [warning] WARNING: DO NOT USE IN MULTIPLAYER GAMES.
[12:41:05] [info] NVSDK_NGX_D3D12_Init_Ext
[12:45:52] [info] NVSDK_NGX_D3D12_Shutdown

From my own experience if you reinstall a driver it resets the registry. You need to re-run the reg file

• Upvote 1

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

On 12/30/2023 at 3:12 PM, julian2 said:

Hi all, is this working with an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080? I installed everything but it seems its not working. I don't get any warning when starting MSFS.

On 12/30/2023 at 4:07 PM, Noell said:

The requirements for FG are listed by the OP on page 1 of this thread.

Guys please do some research before answering. I've been using this mod with a GTX 1080ti since December 22nd and it's been one of the best things to happen to MSFS this year for me, the results are incredible.

What you will need to do is use a fake nvapi64.dll replacing the nvapi64.dll file in system32 with with nvapi dummy from https://github.com/FakeMichau/nvapi-dummy you can find a fake nvapi64.dll on DLSS2FSR Discord too. (rename the existing nvapi64.dll into something else as backup). Then the rest of the installation was the same, copy the mod contents to the game exe folder and run the registry override thingy, enable HAGS. The frame gen option ingame will work, DLSS option will be available but for obvious reason will not work.

The only problem is that you will lose access to the Nvidia Control Panel while using the fake nvapi64.dll, so whenever you need to change something in the Nvidia Control Panel you must go back to the original nvapi64.dll, restart the computer and it will be available normally.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, EnSnellHest said:

So you are using them both, at the same time?

No conflict?

Same here, no conflict. 2 different things

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Posted (edited)

Hi! I have a RX6700 10GB and started testing this today. I´m fiddling with the options, I´m not quite sure but seems possible to get the extra frames without the UI flickering/corruption in external views. Start the sim with your usual settings (TAA in my case), you get normal FPS, then select nVidia DLSS and apply, frame generation kicks in doubling your FPS then go back to TAA. Seems, this way, that FG keeps on until restarting the sim. It´s a pitty that the DLSS option (actually FSR right?) does that to the UI because I think it does a better job than TAA in some scenerys objects. Also seems that the frame rate limiter its broken with this mod (50% and 33% cause v-sync works), even before kicking it with the DLSS option.

Info: I´m using LukeFZ mod 0.7.3 with FSR2FSR3_210 files, also added the enable fake gou option. Only crashes if i select FSR2 in game. 

Edited by VoodooSJ

Well I've seen a lot of performance mods over my many ,many years of flightsimming. Some work a bit and others don't. But this one is the best I've ever seen. Frame rates on my 3800 have gone from 50/60 to 110/125 ! And so smooth. I'm not seeing any artifacts either. Amazing.

• Like 1

Is DX12 up for this?  Last I heard it still had issues.  It's required for this to work, right?

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

54 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Is DX12 up for this?  Last I heard it still had issues.  It's required for this to work, right?

Gregg

DX12 is required and hags on. Never been a fan of DX12 but this is worth it .

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Gregg

DX12 works perfectly fine for me and has for quite a while now. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/27/2023 at 9:51 PM, michdb8 said:

ok thanks unfortunately  if i do that i get crash every time when restart the game after the first crash when changing fsr 2 settings on the msfs menu settings , maybe  for steam is different way 

Don´t select FSR2 in the options of MSFS. Go with nvidia DLSS (this is actually FSR3 now, thanks to the mod I believe). You´ll have external view UI issues but other than that works pretty well. Check my earlier post for more details.

i tried it again using .80 and running flawlessly with FSLTL traffic and PMDG 737 100 FPS as smooth as silk so far

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K