Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Frame generation for all RTX cards

53 minutes ago, cianpars said:

Giving a bit more thought to this, whilst framegen is causing more VRAM usage, the real culprit is actually DX12 not being properly optimised by MSFS.  It maybe worth holding off spending any cash on hardware upgrades for the time being if, like most of us you are likely to migrate to MSFS 2024 at the end of the year as this will be coded not only to utilise multicore CPUs but to also optimise DX12 (though a 4000 series would still be nice if the prices drop).

True. There was a 14-year gap between FSX and MSFS 2020. It was not a new technology at all by the time MSFS 2020 was released. Multicore related FSX tweaks were dead horse topics in AVSIM, yet surprisingly they didn't manage to optimize multicore, and we have to wait for 2024 release.

Edited by History

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H + RTX 3050

Having a hard time with this…was working great before…I did a full reinstall of msfs and tried both the 0.90 and the universal installer but keep getting the digital hung box.

Have tried multiple times redoing the process of moving and deleting the dll files and rebooting. Also tried installing while in dx11 vs dx12 but all to no avail. I must be missing something here. Using 3060 and agin had no problems before. Ugh. Any help from those who had the dxgi box and got it to work? 

thank you

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Also another question:  if I reinstall the driver does that effectively “reset” any prior changes and I have to reinstall the frame generation dll files again?

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

1 hour ago, Purr said:

Also another question:  if I reinstall the driver does that effectively “reset” any prior changes and I have to reinstall the frame generation dll files again?

The driver install does not change anything in the msfs content folder so you do not need to reset or reinstall the dll files within it.  I've installed the new Nvidia driver in the last week and FG still works fine with my RTX3080.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Can someone remind me if the the .90 version works better than the earlier versions? I am using an earlier version.

Edited by mikegrr
  • Upvote 1

Having installed the SU15 beta I see increased flickering across the FBW instruments. Not sure this is related to the FG mod so I would like to disable it again. Any idea how to do that 😉

EDIT Disregard, I just disabled DLSS FG in the options menu ...

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

2 hours ago, DAD said:

Having installed the SU15 beta I see increased flickering across the FBW instruments. Not sure this is related to the FG mod so I would like to disable it again. Any idea how to do that 😉

EDIT Disregard, I just disabled DLSS FG in the options menu ...

You might also want to delete the two files in a folder where MSFS EXE is: dlssg_to_fsr3_amd_is_better and version,dll

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H + RTX 3050

Well this is weird but I deleted msfs through steam and then reinstalled through steam (which was super fast and somehow didn’t overwrite my adding etc. I then switched to the 0.81 version which I had also successfully used before, rebooted and everything is working including frame generation)!)

• Like 1

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Just noticed a mod to get rid of ghosting using this in Cyberpunk. Any tech-savvy chooms wanna take a look inside and see if it can work with MSFS?

FrameGen Ghosting 'Fix' for FSR3 FG Mods at Cyberpunk 2077 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

On 2/21/2024 at 3:11 AM, scotchegg said:

Just noticed a mod to get rid of ghosting using this in Cyberpunk. Any tech-savvy chooms wanna take a look inside and see if it can work with MSFS?

FrameGen Ghosting 'Fix' for FSR3 FG Mods at Cyberpunk 2077 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

I see what you did there

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

where to install the files if we have de ms store version? , i can't find the  msfs.exe location

• Like 1

I have them here (in my custom) - D:\XboxGames\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content -  folder

RobdeVries.jpg

Hi guys,

I tried this mod a few days ago and was surprised that the whole picture flickers.

I tried this mod 2 months ago and there was no problem.

But now I discovered the problem...

2 months ago MSFS was running on 1 x monitor... Now I have triple screen and when I activate the mod (RTX 3080 12GB) the whole image flickers when I move the camera.

Apparently the mod doesn't work on triple screens.