Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

iniBuilds A300-600 - Airliner Development Update 3

Agreed. Was diverted here. An own thread would make sense. Anyway, interested in this one. How’s performance? Have 3 ini sceneries and all could do better. Thus wondering whether the a300 is performance wise better or worse than eg Fenix and FBW?

Edited by DAD
Typo
  • Like 2

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

First Impressions:

- Its harder on frames than the Fenix, around 10-20% lower (CPU Limited)

- Graphics and Sounds are awesome

- All the buttons and functions can be configured in the MSFS settings (at least the ones i tried, flaps, speedbrake,  autopilot settings (hdg, height, speed), Autothrust, Toga etc)

- The control settings from the A310 can be used. Except maybe the joystick and rudder curve settings.

- They are a lot of standard camera views, but not very useful ones. There is no one for the pedastal, fmc etc. Only very very close up views.

- the camera.cfg File from the A310 cant be copied simple over to the A300. The views are then in the wrong place.

I want to do a ferry flight for Fedex from Toulouse-Blagnac (LFBO) to the Memphis (KMEM) World Super Hub.

Anyone knows the route? (Non-Stop is too far says simbrief)

Edited by Merawen
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Merawen said:

Its harder on frames than the Fenix, around 10-20% lower (CPU Limited)

That’s what I was afraid of. Judging from their EGLL and KJFK scenery. Afraid I will pass for this reason 

• Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 minute ago, DAD said:

That’s what I was afraid of. Judging from their EGLL and KJFK scenery. Afraid I will pass for this reason 

Agreed. Until they can improve their performance, I’ll be holding off on buying anything from them. 

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

I get similar performance as with PMDG or Fenix

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 minute ago, Snuffleupagus said:

Agreed. Until they can improve their performance, I’ll be holding off on buying anything from them. 

it's doing fine over here, no performance issue what so ever. It's the same as the fenix and pmdg. I don't understand how you go from a scenery performance and compare it to an aircraft performance?

You are missing out actually...

3 minutes ago, bigifooti said:

it's doing fine over here, no performance issue what so ever. It's the same as the fenix and pmdg. I don't understand how you go from a scenery performance and compare it to an aircraft performance?

You are missing out actually...

It’s more so their sceneries along with their A310 which also doesn’t perform well for me and others I know. 

• Like 2

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

Looks intriguing.  Did they include terrain or a weather display for the ND?

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

13 minutes ago, Orlaam said:

Looks intriguing.  Did they include terrain or a weather display for the ND?

WXR is there (same as A310) - Uses whatever the sim provides

Terrain - Not at the moment. They are looking at alternative ways for that as it caused performance issues if i remember correctly. 

• Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

1 minute ago, Zangoose said:

WXR is there (same as A310) - Uses whatever the sim provides

Terrain - Not at the moment. They are looking at alternative ways for that as it caused performance issues if i remember correctly. 

Oh that's a shame.  I guess I'll hold off.  😑

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I know nothing about the A300.  Is it similar to setting up and flying the A320 or are there significant differences?

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

I get similar performance as with PMDG or Fenix

Im ok with that. Will pick up when i get home and finish my zwift session.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

8 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

I know nothing about the A300.  Is it similar to setting up and flying the A320 or are there significant differences?

Gregg

I'd say the differences are significant. but don't let that turn you away from the A300. It's a very rewarding machine to learn.

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Just now, SAS443 said:

I'd say the differences are significant. but don't let that turn you away from the A300. It's a very rewarding machine to learn.

I'll keep my eye out for tutorials

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM