Sign in to follow this  
jkeye

P3D v 6.1 is now available

@DChockey08

I concur-looks great!

Which is the airbus in the last picture?

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Long quoted post with images removed.
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, jkeye said:

I concur-looks great!

Which is the airbus in the last picture?

Aerosoft. 

Unfortunately, the FSLabs I believe is version-locked, so doesn't work in v6, but AS gets the job done nicely. 

1 minute ago, DChockey08 said:

Aerosoft. 

Unfortunately, the FSLabs I believe is version-locked, so doesn't work in v6, but AS gets the job done nicely. 

Great is that the A320 or 330.

5 hours ago, DChockey08 said:

I have never seen P3D look this good,

Agree.  Still a few issues here and there, but definitely moving in the right direction.

Is the Majestic Dash8 sill working fine?

I have 6.035 installed. What happens if I don't update to 6.036 first before auto-updating to 6.1 and how do I update to 6.036?

Thanks.

On 12/21/2023 at 1:41 AM, jlohrenz said:

t it basically tricks older add-ons into thinking you have P3D v5 installed.  

Thanks for the detailed explanation on what to do. One question - does this still work if you really do have P3D v5 still installed or does it create conflicts?

Edited by Ian S

Ian S

38.jpg

1 hour ago, Ian S said:

Thanks for the detailed explanation on what to do. One question - does this still work if you really do have P3D v5 still installed or does it create conflicts?

Couldn't answer. I uninstalled v5 when I went to v6

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

2 hours ago, dbw1 said:

I have 6.035 installed. What happens if I don't update to 6.036 first before auto-updating to 6.1 and how do I update to 6.036?

Thanks.

You have to update to 6.036 if you want the faster update to 6.1 otherwise the release notes say you need to download the big file instead.

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

13 hours ago, jkeye said:

Great is that the A320 or 330.

A320 based on the wingtip fence shown.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

13 hours ago, jlohrenz said:

You have to update to 6.036 if you want the faster update to 6.1 otherwise the release notes say you need to download the big file instead.

I downloaded the big one, ran it, still in .035 and it will not permit updating to 6.1XX.

Update to navaids outside a major release is a very pleasant surprise. That has not historically happened. I wonder if we’ll be getting more frequent navdata updates.

12 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

I downloaded the big one, ran it, still in .035 and it will not permit updating to 6.1XX.

I ended up having to uninstall V6.0.36 and then running the new V6.1 installer.

Make sure you run as Admin.

• Upvote 1

Upgraded to 6.1.38 with no problem. Screen note says Upgrade successful. However, if I now try to run any mission/scenario in  the sim, it immediately crashes to the desktop. Cannot run any scenarios. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Sounds like something may be amiss with the installers.