Sign in to follow this  
Tim_Capps

Navigraph Survey on Flight Sim Use

8 minutes ago, Patco Lch said:

Like Ray said I already have everything I want in P3DV5. I use mainly PMDG  jets and am amused when I see all the dramatic anticipation of folks waiting  like hungry puppies for their aircraft to be bought to the degree of completion I already have had a good while in P3D. Looking forward to the triple seven? I have it. Queen of the Skies? Have it with the additions. FS Labs 320/321, A2A birds. Just can’t see buying all that stuff again.

Thank you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Patco Lch said:

Now there’s one I don’t have. I need to take a look.

Suggestion: You have to have some horsepower to run these aircaft. With a 12900k @4.9/3080ti @12Gb/Samsung NVMe ProPlus SSds, I'm on the edge of GPU heat, but, my rig is upstairs and it's December. I'm mid level on all settings including 4096 textures and hi-res ground textures. Dynamic reflections are not in the cards with their recommendation being turned on. I'm still looking at this tho'. Support is a 10+

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’m surprised to see P3D use so low.

Is it really so surprising? Stagnated development leads to stagnated usage.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Interesting Results.

I'm also more than happy with what I got, even in P3D 4.5. The only thing I regret is that we didn't get a good study Level Airbus Longhaul Airplane, but it made me fall in love with the PMDG 777 and the T7 in general. 

This plane will be a serious factor when I decide to give MSFS a shoot, all tough my CPU is way too old to handle MSFS, which hold's me back at the moment.

Also I don't like how Volumetric Clouds look, in MSFS as well as X-Plane. Looks so comical and washed out to me.

The surprising result is that FSX is as used as P3D 5.0.

Also, the P3D community is widely spread between 4.0, 5.0 and now 6.0 and a few still use 1.0 to 3.0. It doesn't really help as a developper if often asked to make his project compatible with many versions of the same software.

No surprises to see that P3D is only the main simulator for 4.6% of the users, even far from Xplane. So it's not a surprise after all that a lot of developpers are leaving the ship.

P3D will remain a valid option for it's current users because of it's huge library and a small but dedicated core of users, but let be honest, the glory days are far and we will never see them back. Let enjoy what we have now but don't expect much more new releases in 2024, I'm afraid.

Edited by sdirand

7 hours ago, Krakin said:

Is it really so surprising? Stagnated development leads to stagnated usage.

I have over 150 airports and 5 aircraft. There’s plenty I haven’t bought on SimMarket. The back catalogue is fine for me.

Plus I have Radar Contact 4 which can’t be used on MSFS. And there’s third party weather too. No need to move for me.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm curious about next year's results and how the data will be displayed.

If next year MSFS24 becomes a mature platform I may change, but until then I'm fine where I am....

PS: I didn't participate in this "study"/survey.

Edited by Juliett Alfa Romeo

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

10 hours ago, aeronauta said:

Most users are Casual, entertainment, this means their PC is a gaming PC and mainly used for very graphics intensive games , hence the powerful Video card,  also to the P3D guys , you should try P3D 6.1 just released, it will make you think again about  not upgrading...  best ever...

@beechcaptain     Amen!!!!

Jorge

No. My PMDG 747 is not compatible and never will be.

• Like 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

5 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

Best thing is 53.3% of the respondents list to Rock Music!

That's surely an age thing.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

4 hours ago, marlon445 said:

This plane will be a serious factor when I decide to give MSFS a shoot, all tough my CPU is way too old to handle MSFS, which hold's me back at the moment.

Just to reiterate; you don't need any sort of super computer to run MSFS. My i7 3930k will be 13 years old in a couple of weeks. 

I keep meaning to upgrade my system because....I don't know really. Earlier this year I got a 32" 1440p screen instead....

• Like 3

Im not really suprised with the survey results, i'm one of those few people that regularly use FSX aswell as P3D V4.5. Im happy with the aircraft and scenery i have and i've probably bought more add ons this year than ever for both sims.

I also feel im getting too old to learn new tricks 🤣

• Upvote 1

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I have over 150 airports and 5 aircraft. There’s plenty I haven’t bought on SimMarket. The back catalogue is fine for me.

Plus I have Radar Contact 4 which can’t be used on MSFS. And there’s third party weather too. No need to move for me.

I wasn't trying to get you to move sims, I was presenting an explanation for why things are so dismal for P3D right now. v6 did not move the needle because it barely brought anything worth getting excited for and the exodus continued. LR have been putting far more effort into updating their sim so they still have a few fingers gripped on the hardcore market.

• Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

3 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

No. My PMDG 747 is not compatible and never will be.

Not compatible =/= doesn't work.

All PMDG birds work perfectly in V6.1

36 minutes ago, Krakin said:

I wasn't trying to get you to move sims, I was presenting an explanation for why things are so dismal for P3D right now. v6 did not move the needle because it barely brought anything worth getting excited for and the exodus continued. LR have been putting far more effort into updating their sim so they still have a few fingers gripped on the hardcore market.

I know you weren’t. I wasn’t going to list all the things that prevent me buying MSFS because these things so often turn into sim wars.

The one thing that would cause me concern is if Active Sky servers went offline for P3D because there was no money to run them. They really need to get access to the MSFS weather api but there seems little chance of that happening.

XP has always been highly regarded but to move to that would require me to learn things all over again and I’m too old. 😉

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather